Who runs the Bills drafts??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, the bigger issue is why someone who is incompetent in their position is there in the first place. Obviously if she wasn't Ralph's daughter she would have a 0% chance of being in that position. Does being Ralph's daughter give her the ability to understand and judge what it takes to be a successful NFL player? Doubtful. If those are her only credentials, she shouldn't even be in that position to begin with. The only problem I see is that Ralph allowed an incompetent family member to get in the way of building a successful team, and in doing so made a horrendous business decision.

The first rule of business is to never hire your family, because most people are unable to separate the two. Obviously this is the case with Wilson. I am pretty sure if Polian said the same thing about a female employee that wasn't Wilson's daughter, he wouldn't have reacted that way. So, in the final analysis, Polian may have been better off venting to someone else after she left, but Wilson is ultimately responsible for putting her in position to begin with, and putting Polian in that situation. Its a very bad business decision, regardless of however you want to look at it, and the whole business associates can be replaced but family can't argument is a bunch of BS. Family shouldn't be in business unless all other employees are reporting to them. Having a family member in a position where they need to report to someone outside the family is asking for problems. Wilson might have been upset at what happened, but he has noone to blame but himself...looking at the importance of the two in the grand scheme of things should have told Wilson you don't fire people who make you successful and take the side of someone who is a non-factor, regardless of WHO they are...

Disagreements in high pressure businesses are not really uncommon, and neither are explosive emotional outbursts. Such outbursts are better viewed as someone's deep passion for his job. The situation needed to be dealt with if things were getting overtly hostile, but a good executive can distinguish between the situation and the people he's placed in that situation.

Well, I think that about covers everyone we could blame for the Bills sucking: the players, the coaches, the fans, the owner, his family, bad drafts, bad luck and God.

Wait till next year!

You forgot facilities, scouting, and front office. :thumbsup: Oh, and the Bogeyman who is holding the Bills back through his supernatural powers. :unsure:

She's actually a good scout. She's the one that unearthed Jeff Wright. She knows her stuff.

hey 1 player in 20 years :wallbash:

better than most of the scouts the Bills use :lol:

bit it does explain why the team was compelled to play Wright, even though he was about 50 lbs undersized for the NT role in the 3-4.

As much as we all hate Jerry Jones on this board, can everyone agree that at least he played college ball, and at least he is open about the fact that he runs the team? Ralph rules the bills like a banana republic, talking about "delegating power," while constantly undermining and disenfranchising his underlings.

Everyone knows who holds the real decision making power. But they won't say it. And its not good.

Whoa. The only difference between Jerry Jones and Ralph Wilson is that Jerry has more money to toss around. The Cowboys aren't eactly ripping up the NFL, ya' know?

PTR

If I was the owner of a business and someone referred to my daughter in such derogatory terms he would have been canned. Business associates can be replaced but family not.

I would not have let my daughter, who apparently is inept as a talent scout, !@#$ with the GM's job in the war room on draft day. If it were my daughter she wouldn't have even been in the war room (unless she displayed some sort of ungodly talent radar, which apparently she doesn't).

Successful businessmen surround themselves with the best talent available. That doesn't necessarily include kin.

I heard she drafted:

Losman

Mcgahee

Mike Williams

Dwayne Wright

Donte Whitner

Erik Flowers

It was reported in the Buffalo news that she thought very highly of Carwell Gardner and he was her pick. I never heard of her drafting anyone else. In wealthy families sometimes the children get no show jobs so they can take money out of the company. The title could just be a way of writing her a check.

Ballboy, huh...

Corrected; surprised my mind is sill able to post somewhat coherent senteces due to the fact that IM the caregiver for my 88 year old parents and my sleep has to be put on hold.. Mom is blind and mind is confused most days. My Step-Dad can hardly walk and they both need help bathing everyday plus I cook all their meals and have to hand feed my Mom. Hurts to see them in fading away.

This is the reason I haven't been able to post like I once did and the only break I get is on game days when his daughter will take came of our folks

BTW has anyone heard from Millbank. Last I heard he was in the hospital...heart I think?

hey 1 player in 20 years :wallbash:

better than most of the scouts the Bills use :lol:

bit it does explain why the team was compelled to play Wright, even though he was about 50 lbs undersized for the NT role in the 3-4.

How do you know it was one player in 20 years? I'm just pointing out a player I know she scouted and they drafted. I think it would be difficult to say who scouted a particular player that ended up getting drafted.

I would not have let my daughter, who apparently is inept as a talent scout, !@#$ with the GM's job in the war room on draft day. If it were my daughter she wouldn't have even been in the war room (unless she displayed some sort of ungodly talent radar, which apparently she doesn't).

Successful businessmen surround themselves with the best talent available. That doesn't necessarily include kin.

How do you know she's inept? The reason I heard Polian was fired is because he loudly berated Ralph at one of Ralph's social parties and Ralph was so embarrassed he vowed to fire him but he decided to have him finish the season that year. There was also some talk about him not getting along with Littman but I don't know what the reason for that was.

He has a temper. He once got down into a stance and asked an agent to show him how a swim move (I think) was done because the agent was criticizing the players teammates. He was fired up to actually go one on one with the agent. :doh:

I think he worked on getting his temper under control, and succeeded. He left Carolina after 3 years and I don't know why they let him go because he was doing a great job with them.

Corrected; surprised my mind is sill able to post somewhat coherent senteces due to the fact that IM the caregiver for my 88 year old parents and my sleep has to be put on hold.. Mom is blind and mind is confused most days. My Step-Dad can hardly walk and they both need help bathing everyday plus I cook all their meals and have to hand feed my Mom. Hurts to see them in fading away.

This is the reason I haven't been able to post like I once did and the only break I get is on game days when his daughter will take came of our folks

BTW has anyone heard from Millbank. Last I heard he was in the hospital...heart I think?

God bless that's a tough job, emotionally and physically.