I get the feeling that the players did save Jauron's

1billsfan

I truly think that Dick Jauron was a dead man walking at One Bills Drive and that there would be no way he could save his job after his team got pummeled by the Broncos and the Pats no matter how much his players loved him.

I get the feeling things have changed. All Ralph wanted was that little spec of wiggle room to be able to sell a Jauron Season IV. Yesterday's win was big enough to do that. His players did save his fanny.

Maybe Dick can reward them with becoming a smarter head coach. Put in some extra game planning hours. Provide them with the "Monalisa" of game plans for the final game against the Patriots. Sunday is this team's Superbowl...they have yet to beat an AFC East team, they haven't beaten the Patriots in about 11 tries, the Patriots are still playing for a spot and the division title and the Bills can end their 2008 season. Let's see if you can slay the REAL dragon Dicky boy and really earn that Season IV lifeline.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't hinge on whether we beat the Patriots or not- either Wilson wants him as a head coach or doesn't. Relying on W's and L's is a weak way to make a decision- you can do that without even watching the games. Anyone who thinks I am saying that winning isn't important isn't reading what I mean

I truly think that Dick Jauron was a dead man walking at One Bills Drive and that there would be no way he could save his job after his team got pummeled by the Broncos and the Pats no matter how much his players loved him.

I get the feeling things have changed. All Ralph wanted was that little spec of wiggle room to be able to sell a Jauron Season IV. Yesterday's win was big enough to do that. His players did save his fanny.

Maybe Dick can reward them with becoming a smarter head coach. Put in some extra game planning hours. Provide them with the "Monalisa" of game plans for the final game against the Patriots. Sunday is this team's Superbowl...they have yet to beat an AFC East team, they haven't beaten the Patriots in about 11 tries, the Patriots are still playing for a spot and the division title and the Bills can end their 2008 season. Let's see if you can slay the REAL dragon Dicky boy and really earn that Season IV lifeline.

Oh hooray! More 7-9 seasons! Woooo Hoooo. I'm beside myself, I'm among myself.....I'm positively amidst myself with joy.

According to this article Wilson is still on the fence. Frankly, I was surprised to read this. As such, I disagree with the premise of this thread. I think he needs to beat the Pats* to keep his job. If the team loses next week, I think he actually may be gone.

Well that makes the Pats game even more intriguing, doesn't it. You're right that it looks like it will come down to the Bills beating the Pats. How great would it be if he let it be known this week that the Pat game outcome will determine if he's retained or not. So you really love him guys? Prove it, beat the damn Patriots! :lol:

Oh hooray! More 7-9 seasons! Woooo Hoooo. I'm beside myself, I'm among myself.....I'm positively amidst myself with joy.

Whether or not Dick Jauron remains is immaterial. We have to build the offensive and defensive lines- and it may take more than one year. We can't be scheming around terrible lines year after year. The Bills State of the line of scimmage has been pathetic year after year, while the fans bicker over who should be throwing passes, which is equally pathetic

I see the way the players are backing Dick Jauron, I think its going to be tough for Ralph Wilson to fire Jauron. I mean it does say a lot when the players are backing their coach the way they are. I want change more then anyone. Starting 5-1 and being 7-8 right now, theres no excuse for that! But seeing how those players back him, not sure how they would respond with a new HC. I mean, it may have to be a very highly respected coach to come in here....

Whether or not Dick Jauron remains is immaterial. We have to build the offensive and defensive lines- and it may take more than one year. We can't be scheming around terrible lines year after year. The Bills State of the line of scimmage has been pathetic year after year, while the fans bicker over who should be throwing passes, which is equally pathetic

You could put all hall-of-famers on the OL and DL with Joe Montana at QB and Jauron would still crank out 7-9 or 8-8 seasons. While I agree the OL and DL needs upgrading, good players + crappy coaching = tree stumps.

Even meaningless wins against both the Broncos and the Pats would not make me forget the horrible strategic decisions that cost us a playoffs chance. Mainly the late game stupidity vs the Browns and the Jets. Imagine, losing a Monday night home game against a team that lost themselves at home vs the Bengals

You could put all hall-of-famers on the OL and DL with Joe Montana at QB and Jauron would still crank out 7-9 or 8-8 seasons. While I agree the OL and DL needs upgrading, good players + crappy coaching = tree stumps.

Can't agree with that. Look at what we have to do- Whitner has to play in the middle of nowhere because of the line play and can't ever been in position. We have a young QB and young WR's with a bad line- we are in a position that good calls won't yield a good result quite often.

Look at the turnovers generated yesterday- thats preparation meeting opportunity- happened against KC as well and against Dallas last year.

We need at least a center and RT on the OL and a lot more than that on the DL

Can't agree with that. Look at what we have to do- Whitner has to play in the middle of nowhere because of the line play and can't ever been in position. We have a young QB and young WR's with a bad line- we are in a position that good calls won't yield a good result quite often.

Look at the turnovers generated yesterday- thats preparation meeting opportunity- happened against KC as well and against Dallas last year.

We need at least a center and RT on the OL and a lot more than that on the DL

Not asking you to agree with it. Jauron's record speaks for itself. This team wins in spite of him, not because of him. The Bills need upgrading, no doubt about it. And they should start upgrading at the HC position. This team has been outcoached, outplayed, out-everything'd this year. The coaching decisions have been embarrasing. If Jauron hasn't learned by now, there isn't any more reason to think he will next year than there is to think JP will replace Eli Manning.

Not asking you to agree with it. Jauron's record speaks for itself. This team wins in spite of him, not because of him. The Bills need upgrading, no doubt about it. And they should start upgrading at the HC position. This team has been outcoached, outplayed, out-everything'd this year. The coaching decisions have been embarrasing. If Jauron hasn't learned by now, there isn't any more reason to think he will next year than there is to think JP will replace Eli Manning.

The problem is the line and the coaching- ok, so when is it one or the other- pretty tough to isolate that. I say keep jauron and use the money to buy some linemen instead of buying out his contract and bringing in a guy with no head coaching experience

I see the way the players are backing Dick Jauron, I think its going to be tough for Ralph Wilson to fire Jauron. I mean it does say a lot when the players are backing their coach the way they are. I want change more then anyone. Starting 5-1 and being 7-8 right now, theres no excuse for that! But seeing how those players back him, not sure how they would respond with a new HC. I mean, it may have to be a very highly respected coach to come in here....

Oh, come on. What would happen? Hurt their feelings?

The players are highly paid professionals playing a game.

I want to see a real coach motivate this team. A coach that will instill the fear of accountability.

Every player, and I do mean every player (that includes pretty boy Edwards, Lynch, Poz, etc..) is expendable, and can be replaced.

If they cannot or will not do what it takes to play every game with intensity for the full 60 minutes, they are gone.

No questions, no compromises. Bye.

Isn't it a near-certainty that they get blown out by the Pats? And doesn't that rock the boat in the complete opposite direction?

Interesting times at OBD. Incredibly sucky, yes. But interesting.

One week ago today it was a near-certainty that we'd get blown out on the road in the cold in Denver. Trent can't play in cold weather, remember?

We played the Pats* close on the road last time. I think we got a real shot at winning this game.

Mainly the late game stupidity vs the Browns and the Jets. Imagine, losing a Monday night home game against a team that lost themselves at home vs the Bengals

Imagine, losing a Monday night home game against a team that beat the defending champion and #1 NFC playoff seed, the Giants.