I get the feeling that the players did save Jauron's

1billsfan

My opinion of the players liking Jauron and saying he is great, is that he is soft, and doesn't demand alot out of them...lets them take it easy...evidenced by the way they seemingly get pushed around week after week. Yes, we won the Denver game, but deep down i had a feeling we would win, mostly because the game didn't matter.

and heck, if I had a boss who was nice, never made me work, let me have extra days off, never held me accountable for any of my screw ups or shortcomings, I'd love him too!

just my opinion...

It's not just your opinion, it's the opinion of many around here. And IMHO it makes no sense whatsoever. How would you feel if your boss let you have extra days off and never held you responsible ... and you never got better at your job, and you were out of the industry in a year or two because of it? And if the job turned out to be the highest paid you ever had in your life by a factor of 20?

Players like winning more than anything else. Winning and improving. Why? Because that's what gives them a better chance to have a longer career, and also a better chance for their salary going up. Only guys like Mike Williams might actually like a coach solely based on not having to work very hard.

Whatever you say about Donte Whitner's talent, he wants to win so bad it hurts him. And he supports Jauron. These players might not be talented enough (yet ...?) to win in the NFL, but they want to win. And if they believed Jauron was incompetent, they would throw him under the bus so fast he'd leave a vapor trail.

They believe that the problem is not Jauron, that it is execution. And who are we to doubt them? We're not in the meetings. We don't see the game plans. We don't know which plays are called by the coaches. They simply know much more than we do about the situation and the job Jauron does.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we do. A Loser.

1 winning season in 8.

Enough said.

End the abortion NOW.

It's been said before a hundred times. Why? Because it makes sense. The coach doesn't lose games. The team does, and while a coach gets his share of the blame, only a person who doesn't understand puts all the blame on the coach.

Belichick is the best example. Put him in a horrible environment with substandard players (Cleveland) and he's "a loser." For years.

Then put him in an excellent environment with above average players and suddenly he has had a brain transplant, because strangely, suddenly he becomes a winner. A total puzzle. Until lyou simply realize that you can't say that a coach gets all the blame for his record. You have to account for his circumstances. And the Bills circumstances seem to be slowly improving. But they have not been good, not for a while.

I was impressed with how our team fought in Denver. If they fight like that against the Patriots then I think they'll have a chance to beat them.

Last year I was pissed at how our team finished the season so meekly. Well this year they were fighters at the Meadowlands before Jauron's brain fart of a call, they were fighters in Denver and got the win, if they beat the Patriots and the players are really behind the guy then that complicates my view of things greatly.

I can't stand Dick Jauron as our head coach, I think he's a dolt when it comes to gameplans and gameday decisions. But with this being such a young team and Jauron coaching for his job, maybe both the players and head coach are finally coming together. If the Bills actually do beat the Pats, even a hardcore Jauron hater like me is going to be perplexed on which direction they should go in. I'm angry at why this team didn't fight this way against the Browns and Niners, what a waste of a 5-1 start. Given Jauron and Belichick's track records the Pats should be favored by two touchdowns in this game.

I'm sorry, I saw no evidence in any game that the players weren't fighting. They haven't given up once.

They have fought. They just haven't executed.

It's been said before a hundred times. Why? Because it makes sense. The coach doesn't lose games. The team does, and while a coach gets his share of the blame, only a person who doesn't understand puts all the blame on the coach.

Belichick is the best example. Put him in a horrible environment with substandard players (Cleveland) and he's "a loser." For years.

Then put him in an excellent environment with above average players and suddenly he has had a brain transplant, because strangely, suddenly he becomes a winner. A total puzzle. Until lyou simply realize that you can't say that a coach gets all the blame for his record. You have to account for his circumstances. And the Bills circumstances seem to be slowly improving. But they have not been good, not for a while.

Ah, yes. The "no accountability" theory. I love that theory because it can be applied universally.

Who are we to judge huh? Well...Seeing as though "We" can read a Win-Loss Record (51-75 lifetime as a HC, 21-26 with The Bills) pretty easy...And generally Head Coaches are judged by Wins and Losses...I think it's safe to assume a guy who has a losing Record 7 out of 8 Seasons as a HC is not a very good HC...At this point can we not at least ask ourselves if Jaurons one winning Season was a fluke? Lets face facts, one in eight is not very good...Take away that singular winning Season and Jauron's Record is 44-72 as a HC...That's right...A .379 winning percentage...Simply brutal...

You wanna listen to the Players...Go ahead...What are they going to say right now anyway?..."Well...Coach Jauron is a proven loser and does not have Us properly prepared on Sundays." Or..."Coach Jauron simply has no answer for a 3/4 Defense..." Come on? When is the last time You heard a Player say a HC needs to be tougher and more emotional? As long as these Guys are not being embarassed and screamed at they are gonna love the Guy...Whether or not Jauron is a decent Guy He simply does not inspire this Team consistantly enough...

You may not have any idea what kind of HC Jauron is, but I'm crystal clear on this subject...Actually, it seems to Me most Bills Fans are as well...He's a PROVEN loser...Regardless of His personality (and I know He's a decent Man), He does not do what He needs to do as a HC to Win consistantly in The NFL...Were You not paying attention during that 1-7 stretch? Did You not see a Team that was ill-prepared? Did it not remind You of the 1st 2 Years of Dick Ball? What in Gods Name has happened to some Bills Fans? Have Your expectations sunk SO low that these results are now somehow acceptable? Why would You ever think a Guy who has one winning Season in eight as a HC, AND NO WINNING SEASON IN 3 YEARS AS THE BILLS HEAD COACH, will suddenly be able to turn things around? I just don't get it...What has happenend to some Bills Fans...Have You become so completely drunk on the Kool-Aid that you cant see what is obvious right before your eyes? Or has a decade of losing simply lowered your expectations to the point where a HC like Jauron seems acceptable? It's REALLY sad if You ask Me because if enough people simply accept this garbage we will continue to get more of the same...

Those who do not learn from History are destined to repeat it...Look at Jaurons History...The definition of insanity is doing the same thing day after day and expecting different results...Dick has been doing the same thing most of the time since He became an NFL HC...That same thing has been losing...Yet some Bills Fans are expecting that somehow this is going to miraculously change?... I just don't get it... :)

I agree with your definition of insanity: "doing the same thing day after day and expecting different results."

So, let's do something new. Let's blame it all on the coach and fire him and hire a new guy after three years. Yeah, that's new. We've never done that before. And it's always worked out so well for us.

I honestly would be happy either way, but blaming it all on Jauron is just wrong. This team is not all that talented, and they are very young.

I will again point to Baltimore, Atlanta and My Yami regarding both new HC and new QB. The notion that change=regression is not valid. Keeping Jauron is tantamount to doing the same thing over and over again and expectinig different results. Ralph doesn't have to bring in a HC with no coaching experience. I don't know how that became part of the equation.

Jauron's resume consists of losing season after losing season. After what, 8 years or so and some of the most horrendous coaching decisions this year, what proof does anyone have to offer that this will suddenly change?

I think what people are worried about is that we won't get a Baltimore/Flacco Atlanta/Ryan or Miami/Pennington and will instead up with another Williams/Bledsoe or Mularkey/Losman situation, which even you would have to admit, would be worse.

Not saying this is true of Dick, but the HOF is full of coaches with bad starts, like oh, Tom Landry and Marv Levy for instance. It's risky either way ...

I think what people are worried about is that we won't get a Baltimore/Flacco Atlanta/Ryan or Miami/Pennington and will instead up with another Williams/Bledsoe or Mularkey/Losman situation, which even you would have to admit, would be worse.

Not saying this is true of Dick, but the HOF is full of coaches with bad starts, like oh, Tom Landry and Marv Levy for instance. It's risky either way ...

And every single one of those guys defined themselves by their 8th year.

Jauron is no exception. He has defined himself what he is. A LOSER.

End the abortion NOW.

I understand this is hard for the Jauron apologist to grasp:

It is possible for coaching to be the sole reason a team sucks. Bad coaches have the ability to lead good players to poor/mediocre results.

Ah yes. The Belichick example. When all else fails, compare the crappy coach to a good coach in attempt to prove that coaching does not matter, and it's all about the players.

Like Sisyphean Bills has said before: "Jauron is just a victim of venomous fate."

They believe that the problem is not Jauron, that it is execution. And who are we to doubt them? We're not in the meetings. We don't see the game plans. We don't know which plays are called by the coaches. They simply know much more than we do about the situation and the job Jauron does.

So...Are You saying the problem with Jauron, 7 out of 8 Years as a Head Coach, has been the Players execution? Okey doke... :beer:

Look...Maybe this Year You have a point...But the Guy is a freaking CAREER LOSER...He reaks of losing...He's a good Man and a decent Guy, so what are the Players supposed to say? They like the Guy a lot because He's a class act...There is no way in hell they are going to throw him under the Bus while He's here because they respect Him...But that does not make Him a good NFL Head Coach...It does not mean He puts them in position to Win Games they SHOULD and COULD Win...You talk about Film and what was there and so on...It's the HC's Job through His Coordinators to put forward a Plan that his Players can execute successfully...The Bills stay in these Games because they have the talent to do so...They lose these Games because their HC cannot match wits with the other Guy on most Sundays...You just can't hide 57-75 as an NFL Head Coach...You can try all You want...You can make up all the excuses and put the Guy on a Pedestal till the cows come home...But at the end of the day it's still 57-75 as a HC, 7 out of 8 losing Seasons and a Guy who will never get another NFL Head Coaching Job after He gets the boot here...

Coaches like Jauron are the modern day Players wet dream...They expect Men to be Men and they think You can hard work your way into winning...It's just not the case though...In this day and age of the NFL You have to have it all as a HC and that includes the ability to out-coach the other Guy on Game Day...Jauron may do a ton of things right but in the end He's still a career loser as a Head Coach...And until The Bills Franchise and Bills Fans stop making excuses and start raising their expectations this is what we are going to get from Buffalo Bills Football Year after Year after Year...

If DJ returns it's up to Him to prove Me wrong...but the odds are so stacked in My favor as far as Jauron is concerned I'm pretty confident I'm right...I hope I'm wrong, but 57-75 says I'm dead on correct...We'll see...:)

I agree with your definition of insanity: "doing the same thing day after day and expecting different results."

So, let's do something new. Let's blame it all on the coach and fire him and hire a new guy after three years. Yeah, that's new. We've never done that before. And it's always worked out so well for us.

I honestly would be happy either way, but blaming it all on Jauron is just wrong. This team is not all that talented, and they are very young.

No...Lets do something New and Hire a Head Coach who is not a career loser or a head coach who would never get Hired by the other 31 Teams...How about that?

I'm not blaming it all on Jauron...But at the same time I think quite a few Folks around here who wish to support Jauron do not understand how much He was empowered by Levy...He has basically run this Franchise for 3 Years because He's had veto power on Personnel decisions...Go back and read the interviews with Levy...It's all there...Go back and read the reports when Marv left...They all said that Jauron would be the one to pick up a lot of Levy's responsibilities on the Football side...

I understand not wanting to put all the blame on Jauron...I do...But lets not let him off the hook either...I don't think there is any single person in The Bills Organization MORE responsible than Jauron for the product and the performance on the Field...He has to be help accountable...And there is not one single thing that is going to get the Players attention more than firing the Head Coach they claim to love so dearly...It sends a clear message to everyone in that Locker Room...Produce or expect to be replaced...It's as simple as that... :beer:

There is something called the Risk Reward Factor. You can choose not to take a risk & remain mired in mediocrity or take a risk & possibly be rewarded for said risk.

That is true. But we either go with the same old Jauron and get the same old results, or at least TRY to improve. Doing nothing is going to accomplish.....nothing.