CUT LOSMAN TODAY Make him an example

gcb34

I guess expecting your *star* player to step up and make a play when the game is on the line is too much to ask.

I guess so, just like you would expect a 5yr veteran qb to know enough to protect the ball at all costs with a 3pt lead & approaching the 2 minute warning.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Peters is a top 10 tackle in this league, he DOESN'T whiff on that play. BUt I guess "kind of good" is good enough as long as it's not Losman.

It's funny. If that play doesn't get called, or if Peters makes his block, or if Losman doesn't fumble the ball, there's a very good chance we win that game, which is particularly interesting given that we were down 14-3 and actually came back to take the lead not once, but TWICE. It was a spirited effort by the offense up to that point.

But we lost, and we lost not because a good player screwed up, but because a bad player screwed up.

Got it.

Let me ask you & Ramius something. Do you think Losman will be a starting qb in this league next year?

I guess so, just like you would expect a 5yr veteran qb to know enough to protect the ball at all costs with a 3pt lead & approaching the 2 minute warning.

so mediocrity is ok as long as its anyone besides JP Losman. Then we only demand perfection.

so mediocrity is ok as long as its anyone besides JP Losman. Then we only demand perfection.

No but your qb is the leader out there. I am not excusing Peters. He missed the block. Losman as usual made a bad situation worse when the smart thing to do was to take off & run or chuck it in the stands. Thinking quickly on his feet really is not JP's strength though.

Agree....if Peters blocks for one second, JP would likely be the hero on Sunday.

Why would he be the hero? He threw yet again for under 200yrds, was throwing high on simple 10yrd passes all day & AVERAGED 3.9yrds per completion. He did not throw a ball longer then 15yrds all day until the final 2 minutes & both of those were int. In short, he was his usual brutal self. He made 2 nice plays. The td run & the 2yrd td throw to Johnson. If anybody would of been the hero it was Lynch.

No but your qb is the leader out there. I am not excusing Peters. He missed the block. Losman as usual made a bad situation worse when the smart thing to do was to take off & run or chuck it in the stands. Thinking quickly on his feet really is not JP's strength though.

And 3 posts ago you said Peters should be excused because he's "good." Now you're saying he shouldn't be excused?

Funny, to me it looked like JP tried to take off and run. At least make up your mind on which way you are going to irrationally trash him. Throughout numerous threads, you've gone after him for running with the ball and NOT just falling on the ball and taking the sack and now you're going after him for NOT running with the ball. Seems to me like you're just hell bent on going after JP come hell or high water.

Let me ask you & Ramius something. Do you think Losman will be a starting qb in this league next year?

I think he has the potential to be a starter, yes. Will he? I have no idea. I wouldn't expect Tyler Thigpen to be a starter. I wouldn't expect Ken Dorsey to be a starter.

And 3 posts ago you said Peters should be excused because he's "good." Now you're saying he shouldn't be excused?

Funny, to me it looked like JP tried to take off and run. At least make up your mind on which way you are going to irrationally trash him. Throughout numerous threads, you've gone after him for running with the ball and NOT just falling on the ball and taking the sack and now you're going after him for NOT running with the ball. Seems to me like you're just hell bent on going after JP come hell or high water.

There's one thing you can be sure of... no matter what JP does, he's going to be vilified on this board. This complete and absolute hatred for a Bills player that had never said a bad word about the town or franchise is astounding.

it did not look like he was trying to run to me. It looked like he was waiting for someone to get open & when he got hit tried to foolishly dump it off to someone. He should took off & ran. Would of probably gained a couple yards.

I think he has the potential to be a starter, yes. Will he? I have no idea. I wouldn't expect Tyler Thigpen to be a starter. I wouldn't expect Ken Dorsey to be a starter.

You do make a good point, there are some bad qbs out there. He will get a 2nd chance, just for the simple fact of the sad state affairs of qbing in this league. For his sake, I hope he makes it count. I do not think he gets that 3rd chance.

You do make a good point, there are some bad qbs out there. He will get a 2nd chance, just for the simple fact of the sad state affairs of qbing in this league. For his sake, I hope he makes it count. I do not think he gets that 3rd chance.

Look at Donovan McNabb. You'd think he played a great game last night, but he had two critical end zone picks and a better team would have beaten the snot out of them.

But read today's stories and he's something of a superstar.

Why would he be the hero? He threw yet again for under 200yrds, was throwing high on simple 10yrd passes all day & AVERAGED 3.9yrds per completion. He did not throw a ball longer then 15yrds all day until the final 2 minutes & both of those were int. In short, he was his usual brutal self. He made 2 nice plays. The td run & the 2yrd td throw to Johnson. If anybody would of been the hero it was Lynch.

He would be a hero second to Lynch cos then he would have led the winning TD drive, which was quite efficient by the way. Too bad that last fumble mucked it all up (in so many ways).

There's one thing you can be sure of... no matter what JP does, he's going to be vilified on this board. This complete and absolute hatred for a Bills player that had never said a bad word about the town or franchise is astounding.

Absolutely correct! Amazing that many seem to feel that a guy who played in 4 games, starting 2 of them, is responsible for this waste of a season. Does JP stink, absolutely. Is he responsible for another losing season, he's certainly a part of it but given the amount of playing time, certainly not the MAIN culprit. For that look at all the other factors - FO, coaching, defense (at times), OL, Ralph, Trent, etc.

But hey, lets cut Losman, that'll teach him for screwing up the season! <_<

Why keep him? Cut him now & make an example of him. A professional QB in the NFL can't lose that ball like he did on Sunday. This type of thing can not be tolerated. This loser mentality has got to be nipped in the bud NOW!!!!

Grow a sack Dick!!!!!

Oh yeah, that will really show them...cut a player who wont be here next year anyways...big message...

It actually says we are stupid if we did this...still pay him, then have to pay another QB who wont play for us to back up Hamdan...waste of money.

Man, I have seen some stupid posts on this board, but this ranks near the top. Keep playing Madden football because that seems to be where this type of philosophy belongs...

I've never bashed Losman. I thought he has talent and would do better somewhere else for sure. I figured by cutting him it makes a statement without losing anything because he walks at season's end anyway.

Watching the replay a few times you could argue that Losman took too long to roll out. He took a regular drop back and then looked like he remembered "Oh yeah it's suppose to be a roll out". So maybe if he executed the play properly the ball would have been long gone by the time the blitzer would have gotten to him.

I've never bashed Losman. I thought he has talent and would do better somewhere else for sure. I figured by cutting him it makes a statement without losing anything because he walks at season's end anyway.

Watching the replay a few times you could argue that Losman took too long to roll out. He took a regular drop back and then looked like he remembered "Oh yeah it's suppose to be a roll out". So maybe if he executed the play properly the ball would have been long gone by the time the blitzer would have gotten to him.

Problem is, what statemant does that make? "The guy messed up so lets cut him, nevermind he was put in a risky situation to begin with".

Dont know if the rollout was designed to be a fake drop back or if he did realize he was supposed to roll out. But the fact of the matter is, he was put in a risky situation, whether its a designed rollout or dropback, the ball in his hands at that point is a risky situation.

JP certainly does a piss-poor job of ball protection, so why increase the chance of something like what occurred happening, instead of giving it to your RB whos having a monster day.

JP should have protected the ball, no doubt about it, but if theres a message to be sent, it should be about getting rid of this useless coaching staff, right now!

Peters has not played well all year. He SUCKED for at least 1/2 the season & then improved his play to average. He will not go to the Pro Bowl this year.

noone said that he was going this year...Peters got in last year but didnt play due to nagging injury...

c'mon guys...you cant expect your players to win every time...how many times do you see great QB's miss a throw or get an int or make some bone head play...its the same for Peters...he can dominate 98% of his game but every player is gonna mess up on the remanding 2%...if u had a team that was 100% then it wouldnt be much fun ..the opossing teams would never get thru your lines..never int or sack your QB..never tackle a player with the ball..never stop your RB...it would look like an NFL team playing a pop-warner Team..all I'm saying is every player is going to mess up on a few plays every game...noone can be 100% dominant...yes it would have been great that in that last drive Peters was the most dominant of the day...maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly but it was both Peters and Losmans fault...Peters messed up but Losman should have thrown the ball sooner and should have held the ball better...equal blame on both Peters and Losman

noone said that he was going this year...Peters got in last year but didnt play due to nagging injury...

c'mon guys...you cant expect your players to win every time...how many times do you see great QB's miss a throw or get an int or make some bone head play...its the same for Peters...he can dominate 98% of his game but every player is gonna mess up on the remanding 2%...if u had a team that was 100% then it wouldnt be much fun ..the opossing teams would never get thru your lines..never int or sack your QB..never tackle a player with the ball..never stop your RB...it would look like an NFL team playing a pop-warner Team..all I'm saying is every player is going to mess up on a few plays every game...noone can be 100% dominant...yes it would have been great that in that last drive Peters was the most dominant of the day...maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly but it was both Peters and Losmans fault...Peters messed up but Losman should have thrown the ball sooner and should have held the ball better...equal blame on both Peters and Losman

Peters put the spotlight on himself when he held out...he put those expectations on through his actions. And it wasnt just this one play, there have been several key plays where he just got blown by and he is nowhere near the level of play he was last year.