If Jauron is gone, then who?

Casmolopitis

Your question raises a good point-- shouldn't the analysis be the opposite? That is, fire Jauron only if there is a guy we want who is better. I'm tired of firing coaches, and then searching for some random new guy who ends up being worse than the last one.

The Bills FO should first identify the coach they want, go after him, get an indication that we will get him, and then fire Jauron--not the other way around.

Anyone who thinks Haslett is a competent HC knows nothing about football. I'm sorry, but that's a fact. Haslett is one of the most overrated coaches in the history of the League. His teams (NO and now Stl) are complete disorders. Just because a guy is fiery doesn't mean he knows X's and O's. Haslett against Belichick would be even more of a disaster than Jauron vs. N.E. Please stop with the Haslett nonsense. Please.

Anyone who thinks Haslett is a competent HC knows nothing about football. I'm sorry, but that's a fact. Haslett is one of the most overrated coaches in the history of the League. His teams (NO and now Stl) are complete disorders. Just because a guy is fiery doesn't mean he knows X's and O's. Haslett against Belichick would be even more of a disaster than Jauron vs. N.E. Please stop with the Haslett nonsense. Please.

I totally agree with you. Haslett is crapola and it's tiresome to even hear his name being brought up.

Don't we want excellence? Why aim so low?

Haslett IS Jauron warmed over (with more fire).

Haslett-interim coach, previously fired by another team who would be available because the team he is interim coach of doesn't want him back. Been with the Bills before (as a player).

Jauron-interim coach, previously fired by another team who was available because the team he was interim coach of didn't want him back. Been with the Bills before (as a coach).

Same shiit, different guy.

The Grimm Reaper!!! Hire Russ Grimm!

I have no faith in our ability to find good coaches, so I'm going to piggyback on Pittsburgh's ability to find good coaches. There were 3 finalists for the Steelers job, Grimm, Whisenhut and Tomlin. Rooney went on record saying any of the three would have been a great choice. Tomlin has been wildly successful. Whisenhut has been very successful. Grimm would still be available for a HC job.

Grimm would take no sh*t, he'd have the team physically well-prepared to play and he believes in running the ball. The guy is a Hall of Fame OL who has won super bowls. He learned in the Pittsburgh system of dominating the line of scrimmage. Now, he has the Arizona OL playing well.

This is the guy for me....Russ Grimm!!!

Wouldn't mind seeing Haslett, Billick or maybe even Mariuchi interviewed. Having Cowher in is just a pipe dream, he wants too much money for Ralph to even consider him. We need someone who has won, not someone who has 1 winning season in 6 or 7 seasons coaching. No one here knows what it takes to win, no matter how much talent is here. Don't think he would ever come in and work for Ralph again, but I imagine Wade Phillips will be available and is an outstanding DC-just don't make him HC again.

The Grimm Reaper!!! Hire Russ Grimm!

I have no faith in our ability to find good coaches, so I'm going to piggyback on Pittsburgh's ability to find good coaches. There were 3 finalists for the Steelers job, Grimm, Whisenhut and Tomlin. Rooney went on record saying any of the three would have been a great choice. Tomlin has been wildly successful. Whisenhut has been very successful. Grimm would still be available for a HC job.

Grimm would take no sh*t, he'd have the team physically well-prepared to play and he believes in running the ball. The guy is a Hall of Fame OL who has won super bowls. He learned in the Pittsburgh system of dominating the line of scrimmage. Now, he has the Arizona OL playing well.

This is the guy for me....Russ Grimm!!!

I forgot all about him. He would be a good fit. When Cowher left Pittsburgh, I remember reading that he thought one of his guys would NOT be a good replacement. I can't remember if it was Grimm or Wisenhunt.