My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

The downward spiral continues. What a mess this team has become.

Losman turned the ball over 4 times in the final quarter. That's unacceptable. He's a veteran who should know better than to not only hold onto the ball for way too long as he did on the fumble return for a TD, but also to lose it. It's ridiculous that our players seem ill prepared on nearly a weekly basis.

As for the offense, they weren't anything special. Again. Too many missed opportunities (Marshawn, can you catch the ball?). That's the story of the Bills. Brad Butler was awful, but I actually saw some good things out of Duke Preston. I'm not kidding here. He held his own for the most part. Peters was adequate and so was Dockery (though I did see him whiff on a block early in the game). See? Some good things, some bad things. Average.

Defensively, the Bills were once again okay. Nothing special. I'm sensing a recurring theme here. Sure, they kept the scoring down and gave the offense opportunities to get back into the game, but they also had their share of blunders. I saw blitzers who actually ran INTO blocks instead of shooting the gaps. I saw linebackers (Posluszny, who has steadily been disappointing me, a diehard PENN STATE fan, for most of the season) barely hitting people and gently bringing them down on the few occasions when they could bring 'em down. I saw defensive backs afraid to make a play on the ball, so they sat back in soft zones, waiting for the receivers to catch the ball so they could tackle them for a 7 yard gain. They looked........soft.

To further show how this team has spun their wheels for the past few seasons, Brian Moorman once again looks like the best player on the team. It's great, but it's also sickening.

As for the coaching.....c'mon now! I've seen enough. Jauron hasn't seemed to progress @ all since being hired. He makes the same bad coaching decisions over and over. As many times as this team has blown timeouts, be it by losing obvious challenges or just not getting the plays in timely, nothing has changed. They still do these things on a weekly basis. No improvement. They still do little in the way of play calling to keep defenses honest. This is why Marshawn and Fred Jackson are swarmed by defenders as soon as they touch the ball. EVERYONE knows where they plays are going! And the one time where being conservative was actually helping the team, they break away from it and try a boneheaded play that cost them the game. It is unacceptable.

The Bills are good @ one thing: they can rip the hearts out of their fans' chest better than any team in all of professional sports. Nobody can, as the cliche goes, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory the way the Bills can. They seem to revel in it, as they continue to find new and inventive ways to accomplish this.

I just wonder how much I can take. I bought UB season tickets this past season, and they were a much better bargain than Bills season tickets. They also were more competitive. I got to attend 3 UB games, 2 of which went to overtime (they split 'em) and one which they won on the last play of the game in dramatic fashion. Great times. I guess I was lucky to have picked my Bills games this year. I attended 3 home games and 1 road game, and they won 2 of the home games (opener vs Seattle, San Diego) plus the road game (St. Louis) while losing one home game (Cleveland on Monday night). Luckily, I didn't pick any division games to attend nor did I go w/ an early instinct and attend the Arizona road game. That would've been disgusting. I'm wondering what is going to happen to the UB ticket prices now that they've won the Mid American Conference title. If the ticket prices increase to where I'll have to make a choice of either UB or Bills season tickets, I may have one tough decision to make.

No matter what though, I'll remain a fan. I've been through so much in nearly 30 years of following this team that it's hard for me to consider not rooting for them. Still, I can only hope that the team is getting just as sick of the constant disappointment as I am and are finally ready to do something 'bout it. I'll say this much though; a 3 year extension doesn't scream "We're ready to turn things 'round" to me. I'll still hope that the team rethinks things and considers whether they need to make changes. I think they do, 'cause 3 years of "same as it ever was" should be enough, shouldn't it?

This excellent post drew little response. I guess that is an indication of the lack of intelligent commentary on the wall, given this dismal season. Maybe it is just too sadly true.

Anyway, if you want replies you have to call people fcktards, I guess. :doh:

Depending on my mood I might go to the NE game just to see my TBD friends and tailgate one more time before next season. I am not sure I will actually go *inside* the stadium though.

I'll call you this coming weekend about that other thing we were talking about.

The downward spiral continues. What a mess this team has become.

Losman turned the ball over 4 times in the final quarter. That's unacceptable. He's a veteran who should know better than to not only hold onto the ball for way too long as he did on the fumble return for a TD, but also to lose it. It's ridiculous that our players seem ill prepared on nearly a weekly basis.

As for the offense, they weren't anything special. Again. Too many missed opportunities (Marshawn, can you catch the ball?). That's the story of the Bills. Brad Butler was awful, but I actually saw some good things out of Duke Preston. I'm not kidding here. He held his own for the most part. Peters was adequate and so was Dockery (though I did see him whiff on a block early in the game). See? Some good things, some bad things. Average.

Defensively, the Bills were once again okay. Nothing special. I'm sensing a recurring theme here. Sure, they kept the scoring down and gave the offense opportunities to get back into the game, but they also had their share of blunders. I saw blitzers who actually ran INTO blocks instead of shooting the gaps. I saw linebackers (Posluszny, who has steadily been disappointing me, a diehard PENN STATE fan, for most of the season) barely hitting people and gently bringing them down on the few occasions when they could bring 'em down. I saw defensive backs afraid to make a play on the ball, so they sat back in soft zones, waiting for the receivers to catch the ball so they could tackle them for a 7 yard gain. They looked........soft.

To further show how this team has spun their wheels for the past few seasons, Brian Moorman once again looks like the best player on the team. It's great, but it's also sickening.

As for the coaching.....c'mon now! I've seen enough. Jauron hasn't seemed to progress @ all since being hired. He makes the same bad coaching decisions over and over. As many times as this team has blown timeouts, be it by losing obvious challenges or just not getting the plays in timely, nothing has changed. They still do these things on a weekly basis. No improvement. They still do little in the way of play calling to keep defenses honest. This is why Marshawn and Fred Jackson are swarmed by defenders as soon as they touch the ball. EVERYONE knows where they plays are going! And the one time where being conservative was actually helping the team, they break away from it and try a boneheaded play that cost them the game. It is unacceptable.

The Bills are good @ one thing: they can rip the hearts out of their fans' chest better than any team in all of professional sports. Nobody can, as the cliche goes, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory the way the Bills can. They seem to revel in it, as they continue to find new and inventive ways to accomplish this.

I just wonder how much I can take. I bought UB season tickets this past season, and they were a much better bargain than Bills season tickets. They also were more competitive. I got to attend 3 UB games, 2 of which went to overtime (they split 'em) and one which they won on the last play of the game in dramatic fashion. Great times. I guess I was lucky to have picked my Bills games this year. I attended 3 home games and 1 road game, and they won 2 of the home games (opener vs Seattle, San Diego) plus the road game (St. Louis) while losing one home game (Cleveland on Monday night). Luckily, I didn't pick any division games to attend nor did I go w/ an early instinct and attend the Arizona road game. That would've been disgusting. I'm wondering what is going to happen to the UB ticket prices now that they've won the Mid American Conference title. If the ticket prices increase to where I'll have to make a choice of either UB or Bills season tickets, I may have one tough decision to make.

No matter what though, I'll remain a fan. I've been through so much in nearly 30 years of following this team that it's hard for me to consider not rooting for them. Still, I can only hope that the team is getting just as sick of the constant disappointment as I am and are finally ready to do something 'bout it. I'll say this much though; a 3 year extension doesn't scream "We're ready to turn things 'round" to me. I'll still hope that the team rethinks things and considers whether they need to make changes. I think they do, 'cause 3 years of "same as it ever was" should be enough, shouldn't it?

If anyone thinks you're hyperbolizing, according to one of the articles from a NY paper on the front page of TBD, the Jets scoring a defensive TD inside of two minutes to play while trailing was the first time a team had done so in over 25 years. And yet I was not really even surprised while watching it all unfold. We've actually become accustomed to being beaten in unusual and sometimes astounding fashion.

I love this team... they are mine and ours. I will NOT get caught up in the mindless bashing, although I agree that the last decade has been extremely hard from a fans standpoint. I can't live my life without this passion of mine, and everyone who knows me knows THAT. I'll wear the colors, I did today to the Veterans Hospital here in Phoenix, and it draws great conversation and football talk. I'm a football fan and that encompasses the entire NFL. I do not hate other teams (well except the Jets, Dolphins and Pat*riots) and have admiration for Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City fans. The reason is that I think that their fans are JUST the same as Buffalo fans. NUTS!!! Since these players, administrators, and owners consider this "entertainment" I will always believe that the Bills will win the Super Bowl in my lifetime (I'm 52 years young), even though I hate that distinction. It is win at all cost and smashmouth football or nothing for me, and eventually we will see this in Buffalo. The Bills will remain in Buffalo because I choose to believe that, and if NOT, I'm through! Yes, I yell at the T.V. and rant all day long about this play or that, but once Monday, Tuesday etc. arrive, I truly think that they will win every stinking game thereafter! Just the way I'm built, I guess!

....The Bills are good @ one thing: they can rip the hearts out of their fans' chest better than any team in all of professional sports. Nobody can, as the cliche goes, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory the way the Bills can. They seem to revel in it, as they continue to find new and inventive ways to accomplish this.....

Oh how true this is :doh:

Good post RR

This excellent post drew little response. I guess that is an indication of the lack of intelligent commentary on the wall, given this dismal season. Maybe it is just too sadly true.

Anyway, if you want replies you have to call people fcktards, I guess. :doh:

Depending on my mood I might go to the NE game just to see my TBD friends and tailgate one more time before next season. I am not sure I will actually go *inside* the stadium though.

When people can't find anything to disagree with in his post ...

Speaking of the NE game, I'm sure we can find you a ticket, whether you like it or not.

If anyone thinks you're hyperbolizing, according to one of the articles from a NY paper on the front page of TBD, the Jets scoring a defensive TD inside of two minutes to play while trailing was the first time a team had done so in over 25 years. And yet I was not really even surprised while watching it all unfold. We've actually become accustomed to being beaten in unusual and sometimes astounding fashion.

Quoted for truth. Yup, that's our team. I was sitting upstairs in the press box/camera deck at the hoops game I covered tonight; when the A.D. spotted me up there, his first words (yelled from court level during a timeout) were, "Hey, how about those Bills!" After the game, he warned me about some speed traps the NY state police were setting up around Buffalo -- get caught, and your "fine" is two tickets to the Patriots game. And he's a fellow Bills fan.

...sigh... at least I didn't have to sit through this one in person ...

Too many missed opportunities (Marshawn, can you catch the ball?).

I agree with the majority of your post, but I have to take exception here. As far as I know, Marshawn was only credited with 1 drop yesterday. On that drop, he would have been gang tackled after maybe a 2 yard gain (There were 4 defenders and 0 blockers in the vicinity of the ball). Clearly, he hasn't shown the best hands this year, but I wouldn't qualify him as part of our "missed opportunities" yesterday. His impact on the game was so positive that bringing up a chintzy dropped pass that would've gone for minimal yardage seems to cheapen it.

Kudos to you for long-suffering. I don't know how many more Sundays (they're the only full day off I have in a week) I can waste watching this garbage franchise. I know, that makes me a horrible fan. But hey, I don't think I should take guff from anybody, considering I've been following the team since nineteen-hundred and seventy-eight.

I just wonder how much I can take. think they do, 'cause 3 years of "same as it ever was" should be enough, shouldn't it?

You'll be back. We will be on the phone in April just like any other year, figuring out which game to go attend.

See ya at Jacks in Amherst on Saturday! <_<

Anyway, if you want replies you have to call people fcktards, I guess. :lol:

Or have pictures of ugly bear asses or naked women smoking bongs as avatars! <_<

When people can't find anything to disagree with in his post ...

Speaking of the NE game, I'm sure we can find you a ticket, whether you like it or not.

I know that the original post was not designed to begin a debate. I guess when I look at some of the lame text that draws 2,000 views and 10 pages of replies, solely devoted to fans calling fans names, I just wanted to "bump" this because I felt it merited more attention.

Dec 28 will likely be a game day decision. <_<

I've got to disagree with this. The D got off to a slow start, but after that, they were amazing. Three straight 3 and outs in the fourth quarter, including one where the Jets were starting just outside our red zone after a turnover. The D could have quit at that point, but they stuffed Jones on a huge 3rd down. And all of that is just another reason the playcall was bad. Given how the D was playing and how Moorman was punting, on top of how Lynch was running adds up to ugh.

We've debated this before. A lot of people on this board are critical of the D because they don't come up big in big moments. Well, those were some very big moments Sunday, and on four 4th Quarter possessions, they held the Jets to a total of 18 yards. And it's only because of the offense that we're not talking about how "big" they were.

Against the Jets, I did see most players play hard and cared about the game in general. I could tell Lynch had something to prove, and on that Jackson TD when everyone was pushing the pile.....Thats heart. I want to see more of the guards pulling for Lynch, that seemed to work really well.....well enough that should have been the play call instead of Losman throwing the ball.....

I live about an hour from the Oakland Colisseum and used to attend a few Raider games every year.But for the last few years I've been spending my money at Bulldog Stadium watching Fresno State play instead. I haven't been to a Raider game in 4 years,and it has nothing to do with their win-loss record. For a person like myself that has to count my pennies,college football is just a much better value. The NFL is pricing itself out of the range of lower income people. Plus I get to watch hungry,motivated guys play to the whistle instead of overpayed complainers play when they feel like it. I can watch that on tv.