Hardy

Mopreme

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His knee injury looks pretty serious. Any thoughts on the injury? Sprain or worse ACL?

The only good thing about his injury will be that Steve Johnson gets more PT, which I think is going to be a good WR. The bad part is if Hardy misses the rest of the season you still go into next year with out a clear idea if this kid can contribute.

Does it really matter? The guy did nothing all year and has bust written all over him. 7th round pick Johnson has been more productive.

Puh-leeeze. He barely played one season and he's a bust??? He may not become a pro bowler but to declare him a bust now is idiotic.

PTR

The only good thing about his injury will be that Steve Johnson gets more PT, which I think is going to be a good WR. The bad part is if Hardy misses the rest of the season you still go into next year with out a clear idea if this kid can contribute.

Not sure LimpDick would've utilized his talents in the next 2 games anyway..... Haven't though 14 games.

Am sure the last thing a tentative receiver who is not physical or fast enough needs is a serious knee injury.

Count me among those seriously dismayed by his utilization/performance/development this year.

Steve Johnson can be a brilliant consolation prize though......

Any chance folks could just be concerned about his health because he is a bill and therefore ONE OF OURS

for christ sake people.

seriously, too much misplaced hate on the board. Plus, just cause he hasn't been a factor this year offseasons are very important for rookies to get bigger and stronger under a professional program. I'd hate to see a serious injury affect him into next season.

Does it really matter? The guy did nothing all year and has bust written all over him. 7th round pick Johnson has been more productive.

Bust???

Nonsense.

Talk to us in 3 years.

You should know as well anyone that it takes at least 3 years for most receivers to reach their potential.

While not a superstar, it's only this year that Josh Reed has emerged as a durable, competent, playmaker. And when did we draft him???

Why would you say who cares? Obviously, Hardy has struggled to acclimate to the pro game. But if he has a serious knee injury, such as a torn ACL, that will only make things more difficult. He is a second round pick. You "care" if they get a serious injury.

You can knock Hardy all you want - and he deserves criticism - but he is not alone. Hardy's two TDs this year are more than the other WRs in the draft we were looking at (Thomas, Kelly, and Sweed) COMBINED. In fact, the only one of the three with a TD is Thomas, and it was as rushing TD. Young receivers struggle with the nuances of the position.

Puh-leeeze. He barely played one season and he's a bust??? He may not become a pro bowler but to declare him a bust now is idiotic.

PTR

Bust???

Nonsense.

Talk to us in 3 years.

You should know as well anyone that it takes at least 3 years for most receivers to reach their potential.

While not a superstar, it's only this year that Josh Reed has emerged as a durable, competent, playmaker. And when did we draft him???

Exactly, with receivers three years is the rule of thumb just like QB's.

I can't believe i saw people write "who cares"

Let me direct you to some Bills recievers facts:

Eric Moulds first two seasons:

1996 : 20 rec. for 279 2 TDS

1997 : 29 rec. for 294 0 TDs

Andre Reed:

it took Andre Reed till his 5th season (1989) to record his 1st 1,000 yard season

Lee Evans:

it took him till his third season to have a 1000 yard season

3rd season till he broke 50 receptions

I know you can start an argument about any of those recievers but i have one simple point.......

patience my friend

hope his injury is not serious

Who cares......then I guess Hardy has a few years to recover......

Not to be nitpicky, but if I remember correctly, you were one of the people that really wanted us to draft Hardy. I don't feel like going through old posts, but I'm pretty sure you were all about James Hardy at Indiana.

Not to be nitpicky, but if I remember correctly, you were one of the people that really wanted us to draft Hardy. I don't feel like going through old posts, but I'm pretty sure you were all about James Hardy at Indiana.

sure was, an im eating my words for it. But I regret saying it either. The player I seen in college is nowhere near the same player thats with the Bills.......Dont mean I cant say he dont suck, cause he does......and im an idiot for wanting him. I can own up to that.

sure was, an im eating my words for it. But I regret saying it either. The player I seen in college is nowhere near the same player thats with the Bills.......Dont mean I cant say he dont suck, cause he does......and im an idiot for wanting him. I can own up to that.

Well, it's nice to see someone actually owning up on the boards, but I wasn't really asking you to do that. I was just implying that considering you were such an advocate of Hardy even before the Bills took him, I would hope that you at least give him a little time to develop because you know what type of player he has the potential to be