BTW, is anyone still down on McKelvin?

The Dean

I think Leodis is the real deal. Considering he only has a few CB starts under his belt, I like his progress, a LOT. His return game is strong as hell, too.

Now, I know that there are people (hi Bill) who don't like DBs picked in the first round, and would be happier with a bust lineman. But, that aside, the crap this guy was taking after his first start was not deserved. He is a star in the making, IMO.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is very quick. I wish he'd play tighter more often though. I hate that this defense, in general, seems to give a 10 yard cushion on seemingly every pass play.

That may be true... but this defense held the Jets without a single first down in the fourth quarter.

It takes real skill to blow a lead while doing that.

I think Leodis is the real deal. Considering he only has a few CB starts under his belt, I like his progress, a LOT. His return game is strong as hell, too.

Now, I know that there are people (hi Bill) who don't like DBs picked in the first round, and would be happier with a bust lineman. But, that aside, the crap this guy was taking after his first start was not deserved. He is a star in the making, IMO.

What's funny is that I bet in a year we're going to have the debate over whether it's too risky to have McKelvin returning kicks. He's going to be that good of a corner.

(By the way, unlike Dierdorf, I'm not sold on the Corto hold call on McKelvin's return--seemed ticky-tack to me).

He is very quick. I wish he'd play tighter more often though. I hate that this defense, in general, seems to give a 10 yard cushion on seemingly every pass play.

That's not him. it's these idiot coaches on the sidelines. They've done that every year since Clements and Winfield were out there. In fact, i can hardly recollect a game where the Bills played bump-and-run coverage.

What's funny is that I bet in a year we're going to have the debate over whether it's too risky to have McKelvin returning kicks. He's going to be that good of a corner.

(By the way, unlike Dierdorf, I'm not sold on the Corto hold call on McKelvin's return--seemed ticky-tack to me).

Very ticky-tack, when you see the hold that wasn't called on the Jets when they punted from their end zone.

Dierdorf and Gumbel tried real hard to sell that, but none of their replays showed the hand that was supposedly the cause of the penalty.

McKelvin was a good pick at that stage.

He's a competitor. I love watching him play, he gets fired up and has a cockiness/bravado about him that this team desperately needs.

Most importantly, he has the capability to make momentum-changing plays, unlike #20.

Very ticky-tack, when you see the hold that wasn't called on the Jets when they punted from their end zone.

I wondered about that, too--some Jet had both arms wrapped around Steve Johnson's waist on that play in a very easy to see area and yet no flag. Complete garbage if you ask me, but, hey, got to make sure the major media markets are served come playoff time, right?

I wondered about that, too--some Jet had both arms wrapped around Steve Johnson's waist on that play in a very easy to see area and yet no flag. Complete garbage if you ask me, but, hey, got to make sure the major media markets are served come playoff time, right?

Oh stop, already. The refs aren't the reason this team loses. This team loses because it has no playmakers on the lines and has nothing in the way of talent on the coaching staffs.

Are you referring to me? I thnk you are better to take linemen. Look at the Jests O-line four first rounders.

Oh stop, already. The refs aren't the reason this team loses. This team loses because it has no playmakers on the lines and has nothing in the way of talent on the coaching staffs.

I don't think he suggested the refs were responsible for the loss. It was a ticky tacky call on the Bills, and a no-call on a Jet's mugging. That's all. It happened, just pointing it out.

Are you referring to me? I thnk you are better to take linemen. Look at the Jests O-line four first rounders.

No, I wasn't referring to you. I barely know who you are.

For the record, I was never down on McKlovin.

Me, neither. But, I really didn't want to turn this into a "I told you so", so I didn't mention that. But, now that you did. <_<

I just wondered if people had come around.

And to those that mentioned it, yes Steve Johnson is looking like a nice acquisition and so is Fine.

They weren't the only reason, but they contributed.

Tripplet got his dues when our OL bowled him over on the Jets' game-winning TD though.

Me, neither. But, I really didn't want to turn this into a "I told you so", so I didn't mention that. But, now that you did. <_<

I just wondered if people had come around.

And to those that mentioned it, yes Steve Johnson is looking like a nice acquisition and so is Fine.

:wallbash:

Johnson is definitely looking good. I think he caught more slants today than any Bills' WR in the last year totaled.

I don't think he suggested the refs were responsible for the loss. It was a ticky tacky call on the Bills, and a no-call on a Jet's mugging. That's all. It happened, just pointing it out.

No, I wasn't referring to you. I barely know who you are.

My wife of nearly nine years says the same thing. <_<