The Play Call - Unbelievable!

All_Pro_Bills

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious. The JP bashers are defending, DEFENDING the coaches for giving the ball to JP in the most crucial situation of the game, when a pass was the dumbest possible play call. Let's re-cap. You hate JP and know why you hate him. But the coaches obviously disagree with you, and think, hey, JP can totally win the game for us here, and you defend them?

<_<

I love this place.

I bash JP all the time... Yet, if I were coach and he was in there... No handcuffs go on. See that is the thing, you don't know what hate is... I don't hate the guy... I got my disagreements on how he plays... But, if he goes in... He does what is expected of him and is given every chance at leading, empowering his teamates, and the enrichment of his career... And WIN!

There is a mission here. The coach calls the play and the players do everything in their power to cary it out... If they can't, they are allowed to improvise and do everything in their power to not jeopardize the integrity of winning the game and MINIMIZE damage caused.

If he is in there... He can win the game. Plain and simple. No hate here... He is given the full playbook!

other than putting it in losmans hands, i dont have a problem with it. lynch wasn't going to get an automatic 5 yards every time unless they mixed it up a little. the 2 minute warning was going to stop the clock so an incomplete pass doesn't give jets any more time. jets only needed a FG to tie to it, and they had moved the ball reasonably well throughout so there was good reason to want another 1st down to keep it out of their hands. and a 1st down there pretty much ends it. a legit NFL QB knows right away if the play's not working to throw the ball away, so the questionable part comes down to assessing wisdom of putting JP in that situation. without being on the sidelines and playbox, one really can't know how he was doing in terms of hot reads, etc.

the game they really screwed up in the last minute was MNF against cleveland when they called 3 straight telegraphed up the middle runs while "settling" for a 47 yarder, that lindell missed. that's when the season all but ended and the coaching staff turned me from supporter to detractor.

Yeah; good post, and spot on. I was at the game and liked the call (in fact I wishing for it), but I really wasn't considering The crucial salient fact -- the QB under center. I like JP as a person, and I hate to see people I like play so badly. I felt bad for him. He's just clueless out there -- a step behind the pace of the game.

You guys still argue with this cat person. Amazing. Watch. He will show you how Elam would have beat Jason to the inside if we called a run. Watch.

Yeah, it's pretty silly. There is no defense of it. It's just another Mauron choke job.

Agreed. then I sat down and began to cry... knowing the game was so close to being won and we just gave it away.

And possibly watching the Fins win the division and go to the playoffs while NE and NY sit home. :wallbash:

One of the three will make it.

In order on my part the best to get in while two sit home is:

NYJ

NE

MIA

<_<

The WORST PLAY-CALL in the history of the Bills !! And we got allot to choose from!

one of the worst play calls I have seen in over 30 yrs of watching bills football

Not only was the play call dumb as hell they let JP run it.

Marshawn just be just sick tonight

The way he was running you know he would have got a first down to clinch the game <_<

Those of the kind of calls with get coaches fired.

well at least JP wont be here next year .

It is absolutely the coach's fault.

They have to know they have one of the mentally slowest QBs to ever play the game in there. JPL is as close to clinical retardation as you can get. To call any play that forced him to actually think rests on this coaching staff and their inability to evaluate their own players strengths, weaknesses, and mental capabilities.

Blaming this on Losman is like yelling insults to the short bud kids - they can't help it and neither can JP.

That said it all. The thread could have ended here.

You guys still argue with this cat person. Amazing. Watch. He will show you how Elam would have beat Jason to the inside if we called a run. Watch.

The point was made to counter the assertion that a run play would have assuredly resulted in another 5 yard pounding. It was made to counter the belief that the OL would have continued to blow the Jets back.

From where I sit, that assertion ignores the fact that the Jets had JUST called a timeout to regroup and catch their breath.

Evident by Elam's total dominance of Jason Peters on the play, I think one could make the argument that a running play would have just as well stalled.

Yes run blocking is run blocking, and no they weren't run blocking, but the guy still got smoked. The Jets D was still in it to win it.

Say what you will about Losman's ability to maintain poop-free bedding, but Peters was the difference on that play.

Evident by Elam's total dominance of Jason Peters on the play, I think one could make the argument that a running play would have just as well stalled.

See? I was kidding, but you really said it. You simply hate to lose an argument. Does the fact that EVERY SINGLE FOOTBALL COMMENTATOR today is calling that a dumb call make you wanna throw in the towel, champ?

Go back and read my posts,I've been criticizing the offensive coordinator all year for being pass happy and not running the ball more often. Hopefully this monumental screw up will stay ingrained in everyone's brains and either Jauron will get replaced or Schonert will...or both <_< .

This game in particular really showed that the Bills have enough talent to compete and the game and play calling is putting them in bad situations.

To me its 90% coaching and 10% talent as to the reason why the Bills are 6-8.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I was yelling at my TV, look out, look out! And "BAM" there it was another JP turnover. Running over them all day and 120 seconds away from a win and we are passing the ball. Are you kidding me? If that isn't a reason for instant dismissal for most of this coaching staff, I don't know what is..ugghhhh! <_< 50 ways to lose a ball game and we have tried them all.

It's a bad call with Payton Manning at QB. But with a guy who has been inaccurate ALL DAY throwing short passes it is borderline insane.

Really, if Dick Jauron was arrested in an NFL betting scandal and accused of throwing games, would anyone here be surprised?

I'd SAY A Big FAT NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! <_<

"It was second-and-5 and we thought they were going to stack the box," Schonert said. "An incomplete pass doesn't hurt us because it still takes us to 2 minutes. So [Jauron] thought we'd catch them and throw a quick pass to the fullback in the flat. The fullback got stuffed and never made it out to the flat. And then you've got to just throw it away and protect the ball."

from the Buffalo News

If their plan was to throw to a player who has 2 receptions on the season with a total of -1 yards they should not get paid or have a job.

Great, Geico Play of the Day.

And the "winning formula" for the game on NBC.... put the ball all in the hands of JP Losman because that Jets were outplayed today. Great. :devil:

Interestingly, they said Preston pancaking the ref is totally legal. He's in the field of play and therefore has to get out of the way. So don't expect any fines.