Jauron's extension

Stussy109

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it's true...Ralph figured that jauron was his man after they were 5-1 at the beginning of the season and I guarantee the contract extension is "Very Ralph Friendly" as in it wouldn't cost the Bills much to eat the extension...but...they certainly won't because that's not how Ralphie operates.

It looks like Jauron Ball is here to stay for several more years. :unsure:

If this is true, Wilson and Brandon will see a monumental walkout. I dont know the details of the contract, but I am sure its near the bottom of all NFL coaches. Demote him to DC and pay for a real HC.

Another note -- now that we sold our soul to Toronto, this CASH to CAP policy must end. Wilson must think our fans are idiots. He pockets millions to send a game to Canada, stays well under the salary cap and then claims we dont have talent.

If this is true, Wilson and Brandon will see a monumental walkout. I dont know the details of the contract, but I am sure its near the bottom of all NFL coaches. Demote him to DC and pay for a real HC.

Another note -- now that we sold our soul to Toronto, this CASH to CAP policy must end. Wilson must think our fans are idiots. He pockets millions to send a game to Canada, stays well under the salary cap and then claims we dont have talent.

Has nothing to do with Cash to the cap. cash to the cap is a good idea. the signing bonuses aren't backloaded, therefore it allows us to cut players with little cap hit. Cap hits are usually bonuses paid out over a period of time. Cash to the cap takes care of that.

Has nothing to do with Toronto, just a different philosophy to manage the cap.

There are certainly going to be rebuttals to your Cash to Cap thoughts but the truth is that over time they save the team money on salaries which I certainly believe ends up in Ralph's pocket.

Ralph was laughing last week because he knows until us fans stop watching/paying for tickets/memorabilia he still makes bank.

All of the woodchucks here that lambaste fans for jumping ship are in a way responsible for this shitt product that is put on the field year in and year out. Stop spending money and I guarantee Ralph/any owner will change their tune.

I'm sure it's true...Ralph figured that jauron was his man after they were 5-1 at the beginning of the season and I guarantee the contract extension is "Very Ralph Friendly" as in it wouldn't cost the Bills much to eat the extension...but...they certainly won't because that's not how Ralphie operates.

It looks like Jauron Ball is here to stay for several more years. :unsure:

That is not funny, if there is another 3 years of this I'm done with the Bills.

Jauron signed an extension through 2011. "with the cash strapped Buffalo Bills, it will be hard to eat that contract." I am sick to my stomach. :unsure:

Heard on NFL network.

I don't know what Russ Brandon makes, but it's not enough if he has to market this team with DJ as HC next season.

RW said the Toronto deal did not mean more would be spent on players. I wonder if it includes buying out coaches who are out-coached by rookie HC's and guys like Romeo Crennel.

C2C is another PR scheme designed to make fans think the Bills are spending what other teams are. That's false, in that the only thing that matters is the salary cap itself. The cap hit is the only dollar amount that counts in the salary cap. Buffalo actually has 20-22M in the cap this season.

If Schefter's report is correct then Jauron will be the coach in 2009 even if the Bills drop their remaining games because Ralph is waaaay to cheap to eat a 3 year deal. They will probably restructure their coaching staff and it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills can DC Perry Fewell and hire Lions coach Rod Marinelli as their new def coordinator...he knows the stupid Tampa 2 scheme that we run and would be an improvement over Fewell.

If it were up to me I'd blow the whole thing up and ditch our defensive scheme altogether.

If Schefter's report is correct then Jauron will be the coach in 2009 even if the Bills drop their remaining games because Ralph is waaaay to cheap to eat a 3 year deal. They will probably restructure their coaching staff and it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills can DC Perry Fewell and hire Lions coach Rod Marinelli as their new def coordinator...he knows the stupid Tampa 2 scheme that we run and would be an improvement over Fewell.

If it were up to me I'd blow the whole thing up and ditch our defensive scheme altogether.

No thank you I hate starting over again. I like fewell actually if he could find a way to get more pressure we would have a pretty good defense and much better than when we started last year. With all the injuries he does a good job IMO.

Fewell is the one bright spot on this team in terms of being prepared, and making the best of what scrubs he has out there due to injury. I'd love to see Bobby April get a chance at steering the ship. for a few games. Christmas wish would be Bill Cowher as Bills Manaement.

No thank you I hate starting over again. I like fewell actually if he could find a way to get more pressure we would have a pretty good defense and much better than when we started last year. With all the injuries he does a good job IMO.

Our defense has been adequate, but nothing more.

Seattle 29th ranked offense

Jacksonvills #21

Oakland #31

St Louis #27

Arizona #4

San Diego #15

Miami #10

NYJ #14

NE* #8

Cleveland #28

KC #24

SF #22

Miami #10

So what if Dick Jauron signed a three year extension. Who says it is even guaranteed? If we play poorly in our last three games, Dick is gone period. This board has gotten so caught up in Ralph is cheap. He wants to win. Why the hell does anyone own an NFL team for this long if he doesn't want to win? He sees what is happening on the field. He may be old but he is not an idiot. I am sure that Brandon will have a say in what happens. Another embarrasing performance today, and the rest of the season, and big changes will happen. Has anyone heard DJ say anything about his future with the team? He knows his neck is on the chopping block.

Jauron signed an extension through 2011. "with the cash strapped Buffalo Bills, it will be hard to eat that contract." I am sick to my stomach. :unsure:

Heard on NFL network.

I've been saying for weeks that this would be the scenario. I've added that Ralph will make DJ overhaul the Offensive coaching staff. Best we can hope for is that they bring in a really solid OC and QB coach.

So what if Dick Jauron signed a three year extension. Who says it is even guaranteed? If we play poorly in our last three games, Dick is gone period. This board has gotten so caught up in Ralph is cheap. He wants to win. Why the hell does anyone own an NFL team for this long if he doesn't want to win? He sees what is happening on the field. He may be old but he is not an idiot. I am sure that Brandon will have a say in what happens. Another embarrasing performance today, and the rest of the season, and big changes will happen. Has anyone heard DJ say anything about his future with the team? He knows his neck is on the chopping block.

My guess is that the extension is in the 1.5 MM to 2.0MM per year range plus some sort of incentives. RW is not going to part with 6MM or so in cash not to mention that he will be paying someone else so you are probably looking at an 8MM to 10MM hit to the organization. The amount paid to DJ would be offset by any salary he gets paid in another coaching gig so these numbers would likely come down as a result. Bottom line is that Ralph should have waited until many more games had passed before signing DJ up.

Perhaps the only bright spot in this is that we do not go through a complete overhaul again. Perhaps this is done with the offense. The D is a good pash rushing DE and some LB depth away from being very good.

That is not funny, if there is another 3 years of this I'm done with the Bills.

I don't need another 3 minute of this garbage...It's bad enough We have to watch another 3 Games of Dick-Ball...

If He's back I cancel My Sunday Ticket w/HD next Year...Save a bit of cash and, unlike Ralph, spend it on something that is proven to work successfully...

More of Dead Dick means no more Bills on Sunday for Me...I'll still root for them...I'll hope they can Win every Game...But I'm not going through watching this crap another Year...I'll be on the Golf Course... :unsure: