Pizza delivery.

erynthered

Just show him your picture. Scared me! :wallbash:

You'd think that a 16 year old sk8ter (used intentionally to further describe his appearance) punk would be a little leery of a 37 year old, tattoo laden, scar faced bellowing lunatic but he seems utterly oblivious that I want to kill him. Easy rule: Take a basket out, drop a new basket. Instead, he lifts one basket, "sauces" an order of wings, places said wing in a container and if he's realy on the top of his game he might think about dropping the next basket of wings.

So while the next batch of wings should be half done at this point, he's just starting to cook them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love hearing all you tipped people bitching. I want to see you work 14 hours non-stop in 120 degree heat with sharp knive, open flames, ice cold walk-in freezers and 100# stock pots for zero tips. In the hospitality industry the tipped employee had no reason to complain about small tips. There was a reason for it if you got them.

If you don't like the job find another one. :wallbash:

There's a difference between bitching about the customer that doesn't tip and not liking the job. :wallbash:

Why don't they just eliminate tips and add 15% on to all orders no matter what?

They do that in England, actually. Everywhere you go, there's an instant 10% tacked on with a note on the menu saying something like, "If you don't think service was satisfactory, talk to us and we'll refund the 10%."

It was interesting.

Now, I tend to overtip everyone, and that includes pizza delivery guys. But, what do you do when there is an $8 delivery charge? Do you assume SOME of that is for the driver?

$8 delivery charge?! :wallbash:

Find another pizzaria!

I think as someone mentioned before it's probably a minimum $8 order needed for delivery.

No, it is actually a charge for delivery, not a minimum for delivery. At least, that is what some places around here are doing.

If you don't like the job find another one. :wallbash:

There's a difference between bitching about the customer that doesn't tip and not liking the job. :wallbash:

I worked with waiters for 25 years. Trust me there's very little difference between bitching about the customers and not liking their job. Most servers hated their job and were just doing it to either get through school or until that acting gig happened. And they hated it because of the customers. In the kitchen we loved our jobs and respected the history and those that came before us. Cooking is a profession that requires years of training and hard work and the comraderie behind those doors proved it, it's hard to explain if you've never had the opportunity to do it for any length of time. For those of you that waited tables was there ever a day that you went into work and the guys in the kitchen were NOT there before you and usually there long after you left? And we did it for a lot less than the waitstaff but bitched probably half as much.

I never understood that either. The most important people in the food industry are the ones who prepare your food, and to a certain extent, the ones who clean the plates and glasses you are going to be eating with. Yet the lackey who brings you a plate 20 feet from the cook to your table gets the tips?

I believe that tips should be shared (to an extent) by all the staff. But, don't forget that restaurants pay the cooks, and most other help, a wage that is ABOVE the minimum wage. Typically, servers and bartenders are paid below minimum wage, as tips are assumed to be part of the wage.

It isn't your fault that the server isn't paid a decent wage, but it isn't their fault, either.

One of my theories on life is that every single person should have to work minimum two years in the service industry. I can guarantee you that lady never had to be on the butt end of this scenario. If everybody worked two years in the service industry, you wouldn't see anybody yelling at a hardworking delivery boy.

Make it one year retail, one year service, and I'll vote for it.

I believe that tips should be shared (to an extent) by all the staff.

One place I worked at did that, the other didn't. Did not change my perception of how hard I should work either way.

As for pizza delivery, the place I order from regularly is just under 1 mile away. I try to keep my order about $14-$15, so when it arrives, I can just hand them a $20 and let them keep the change. Surprisingly, when they quote me about 30-40 minutes, it's never been longer than 25 minutes.

Or to get yelled at. Sometimes when the weather was bad everyone would order delivery. I was walking up to this house once and the husband saw me and was leaving. He just nodded and kept going. I found out why. His wife was on the war path over the pizza being late. I had like five orders in the car and she was going nuts, calling the shop and arguing with them. They got her settled down and I was about to leave and she opened the box and found out it wasn't cut in squares. She blew up again. We had to call again and she got her discount and I ran out of there. Ah, the good old days

Guy was actually running away from his wife at his own house? Damn. Wonder if their still together.

One of my theories on life is that every single person should have to work minimum two years in the service industry. I can guarantee you that lady never had to be on the butt end of this scenario. If everybody worked two years in the service industry, you wouldn't see anybody yelling at a hardworking delivery boy.

I couldn't agree more. :wallbash: Whether it be a fast food restaurant or a cashier in a store or a waiter or whatever, everyone should spend some time doing so. If everyone had to learn how hard it is to deal with that kind of job, they'd appreciate it later in life and be more courteous to those who are still doing it.

Why don't they just eliminate tips and add 15% on to all orders no matter what?

My guess is that some go "very heavy" and some go "very light"... I wonder if it comes out in the wash?

Being from Australia, the whole tipping system seems......well.....stupid. It seems that the 'custom' of tipping in the US has become an 'expectation' which defeats the initial purpose of it.....to reward better service & penalize bad service.

Over here there is virtually no tipping(a little bit in sit-down restaurants). Employers actually pay their staff a livable amount for their services & the costs are factored into the price of the goods & services provided.

Being from Australia, the whole tipping system seems......well.....stupid. It seems that the 'custom' of tipping in the US has become an 'expectation' which defeats the initial purpose of it.....to reward better service & penalize bad service.

Over here there is virtually no tipping(a little bit in sit-down restaurants). Employers actually pay their staff a livable amount for their services & the costs are factored into the price of the goods & services provided.

So Australians are cheap :unsure: and you're proud of that? :unsure:

:P

For you Inkman! :unsure:

MIRAMAR, Fla. – Police say a pizza delivery man fought back with the one weapon he had handy when a gun was pulled on him in a stickup: A large, hot pepperoni pizza.

Delivery man Eric Lopez Devictoria, 40, flung the steaming pie at the gunman, buying time as he ran for safety, police said.

At least one shot was fired as Devictoria fled, but the deliveryman wasn't hurt and was able to quickly call police, according to authorities.

Three teenage suspects were nabbed soon after Wednesday's run-in with the cheesy weapon, police said, adding they were charged with armed robbery.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081213/ap_on_...izza_protection

I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup: Whether it be a fast food restaurant or a cashier in a store or a waiter or whatever, everyone should spend some time doing so. If everyone had to learn how hard it is to deal with that kind of job, they'd appreciate it later in life and be more courteous to those who are still doing it.

Ya... Right! ;);)

They are the worst... Like ex-smokers, they want to police everybody else!

My sister was a waitress for years and she is the worst in a restaurant! One time I thought she was going to jump from the table, begin organizing the wait staff and micromanging them... Man she is a real pain in the ass when she goes to a restaurant... :lol: I don't know why I am laughing, it really is not funny... What a b*tch! :sick::sick:

Can you be arrested for an unregistered Pepperoni? :sick:

Ya... Right! ;);)

They are the worst... Like ex-smokers, they want to police everybody else!

My sister was a waitress for years and she is the worst in a restaurant! One time I thought she was going to jump from the table, begin organizing the wait staff and micromanging them... Man she is a real pain in the ass when she goes to a restaurant... ;) I don't know why I am laughing, it really is not funny... What a b*tch! :thumbsup::sick:

What's your sisters email?