See what happens when you stop buying $8 beers?

This is a bunch of freaking bull crap. The NFL is not feeling the crunch - I bet revenues will not be down at the close of the year.

The NFL has found a convenient excuse to lay people off and do more work with less people.

Here's Goodell's Email address and a what I wrote in my Email to him.

Goodell2@nfl.net

The Email didn't kick back to me so I'm pretty sure it's valid. I got it off this site.

Dear Mr. Goodell,

I can't believe the NFL is such dire straits that they need to fire 150 employees and right before Christmas. This is a really disgusting display of greed for a sports conglomerate that enjoys political protections. With the NFL being greedy about so many things from ticket prices to the NFL network I am really angry that my money is being spent so frivolously that they have to fire 150 people.

My opinion of the NFL has just dropped immensely. I encourage you to re-hire these people and at a higher salary. This is how I expect my money to be spent. I'm not going to say I will stop rooting for my team anymore but I will not go to any home games or buy another piece of NFL merchandise unless this scrooge like behavior is corrected. I have already spoken to most of my football fan friends and they are all angry about this.

Please reconsider this deplorable action.

Thanks for your attention

This is a bunch of freaking bull crap. The NFL is not feeling the crunch - I bet revenues will not be down at the close of the year.

The NFL has found a convenient excuse to lay people off and do more work with less people.

How the hell do you know? You don't think in these times that some sources of revenue are down?

Even if it's "bull crap" as you say, what's wrong with reducing costs if you can improve the bottom line and still operate as needed?

Goodell2@nfl.net

The Email didn't kick back to me so I'm pretty sure it's valid. I got it off this site.

Dear Mr. Goodell,

I can't believe the NFL is such dire straits that they need to fire 150 employees and right before Christmas. This is a really disgusting display of greed for a sports conglomerate that enjoys political protections. With the NFL being greedy about so many things from ticket prices to the NFL network I am really angry that my money is being spent so frivolously that they have to fire 150 people.

My opinion of the NFL has just dropped immensely. I encourage you to re-hire these people and at a higher salary. This is how I expect my money to be spent. I'm not going to say I will stop rooting for my team anymore but I will not go to any home games or buy another piece of NFL merchandise unless this scrooge like behavior is corrected. I have already spoken to most of my football fan friends and they are all angry about this.

Brilliant. I'm sure he'll do exactly that. Welcome to the real world where companies exist for the purpose or maximizing profit. When you figure that out and then figure out how to help your employer (if you're employed) meet those goals, you too can succeed.

Otherwise, go find a job working in the government. There you'll have a better chance of hiding for years.

Brilliant. I'm sure he'll do exactly that. Welcome to the real world where companies exist for the purpose or maximizing profit. When you figure that out and then figure out how to help your employer (if you're employed) meet those goals, you too can succeed.

Otherwise, go find a job working in the government. There you'll have a better chance of hiding for years.

Yeah, the NFL is hurting so bad. I can't reach any conclusion other than you're a heartless person.

Goodell2@nfl.net

Dear Mr. Goodell,

What are you 12?

You know absolutely nothing about about these people. You don't know what they do, how they do it, if they do it well, whether what they do is no longer needed. You know absolutely nothing about the situation, yet you know it is "disgusting"?

And what does this have to do with Christmas? Are they Christians? Jews? Non-believers? You don't really know, but you're pretty sure they should get raises. :lol:

I've been laid off twice. Once after buying a new house 4 months earlier and once while my wife was pregnant - I assure you that did not make the situation any better because it wasn't at "Christmas" time.

I have no opinion on these layoffs because I have no information. I hope these people land on their feet - I'm facing the same situation as them. However, I'm in no way asserting I have a right to employment because my big-ass defense contractor company made billions last year. If they don't have work for me, they don't have work for me, regardless of their profits. Plain and simple.

You might want to put a basic economics book on your wish list this season. Or maybe start your own business and then see how much your mind changes about evil employers.

What are you 12?

You know absolutely nothing about about these people. You don't know what they do, how they do it, if they do it well, whether what they do is no longer needed. You know absolutely nothing about the situation, yet you know it is "disgusting"?

And what does this have to do with Christmas? Are they Christians? Jews? Non-believers? You don't really know, but you're pretty sure they should get raises. :lol:

I've been laid off twice. Once after buying a new house 4 months earlier and once while my wife was pregnant - I assure you that did not make the situation any better because it wasn't at "Christmas" time.

I have no opinion on these layoffs because I have no information. I hope these people land on their feet - I'm facing the same situation as them. However, I'm in no way asserting I have a right to employment because my big-ass defense contractor company made billions last year. If they don't have work for me, they don't have work for me, regardless of their profits. Plain and simple.

You might want to put a basic economics book on your wish list this season. Or maybe start your own business and then see how much your mind changes about evil employers.

They are a corporation that is given a lot of concessions from the government so they can operate well and they give little back to them in exchange. The defense contractor you worked for was supplying a product that was vital to our national defense.

They can do what they want but I can also exercise my free speech.

BTW, A Christmas Carol isn't a comedy.