If the season ended today

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what makes our recent string of terrible coaches even more pitiful in my mind... they're so bad we haven't gone to the playoffs in what WILL be a decade after next year, but they're just good enough to keep us from the top of the draft and some truly impact players over the bulk of that stretch.

Ugh... part of me wishes we hadn't come back against Oakland or Jacksonville (or St. Louis for that matter).

Looking at the teams that are close and can win while Buffalo loses out, I think they may be able to finish as high as 9th at 6-10, realistically. When they pick from 9th to 13th, I think it really is about time they draft the best offensive or defensive linemen available. Their forays into free agency have not come close to fielding any pro bowl type linemen since forever.

I wonder which cornerback DJ has his eye on. Afterall we will have to replace GReer. Ofcourse it could be a saftey. I hear they're not in love with Simpson.

William Moore and Taylor Mays will be available at safety.

And as we all know, you build a winner from the secondary in. Look at the results DJ has from drafting this way.

:rolleyes:

Our pass defense is ranked at 11th, so that's not the problem:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

Can you imagine how good our pass defense would be if we had a decent pass rush?

Parrish has not been the same since his thumb surgery, he has been constantly dropping balls. We needed a veteran journeyman WR to come in here for a couple of years to help out Lee Evans until Hardy developed. Banking on Hardy to become a legit #2 receiver was a huge mistake. I still think we need a veteran WR in the offseason.

A good TE would be great. They need to cut Royal after the season. I think Fine & Schoumann would be good backup TE's, but we need a better starting TE.