Pretend for a second...

Slack_in_MA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the AFL Championships, was only 5 and 6 years old for those. But starting with the '68 season, when I went to my first games at the old Rock Pile, I've been hooked on the Bills these past 40 years. There will be no other NFL team I could ever see myself becoming a fan of. At my age after all these years living through the highs and lows of Buffalo football....featuring...

*Some God-awful teams in my first years as a fan from 1968 to 1972 to root for.

*The Electric Company blocking for the Juice (it sickens me to mention him as a fond football memory, but it is.)

*Some God-awful teams including O.J. from 1976 to 1979 to root for.

*Chuck Knox & the Bermuda Triangle.

*Storming the field (security was not what it is today) after the 1980 win over Miami to end the 10 year jinx.

*Fergy's sprained ankle against the Chargers in the playoffs.

*Bill Simpson's interception in the playoffs against the Jets.

*Knox quitting for Seattle.

*Kay Stephensen and Hank Bullough's twin 2-14 seasons, maybe the worst God-awful teams to root for ever.

*Jim Kelly going to Houston of the USFL after being drafted by the Bills in '83.

*Bill Polian bringing Kelly back to Buffalo in '86.

*Levy and those Hall of Famers during their run of 5 AFC East Championships, 4 AFC Championships and 4 SB losses.

*Wade Phillips and his underrated under-appreciated 29-19 three year run, and unfortunate 0-2 playoff record.

*The past nine years of more God-awful teams and mediocre teams to root for.

...I have invested way too much emotion and money to ever start over as a fan of any other franchise.

Sounds just like my story and throw in 12 years of NFL Sunday Ticket after leaving buffalo and 30 years of season tickets

I would most likely not watch any NFL ever again (except the Super Bowl)...I would definitely end all fantasy leagues and become a full time college fan and probably pick up a 10-15 pack for the Tribe and go down there more to spend my sports money there!

I'd probably bail on the NFL if/when the Bills move. But when I decided to give the game another chance it would probably be the Seattle Seahawks. I have family in that area, love the city, really like their stadium, and no one would be able to accuse me of jumping onto a winning organization's bandwagon. Not a bad weekend of football for the handfull of games I'd fly out to see...Vancouver is there, the stadium they play in is downtown, pretty decent drinking town. Yup. If the Jauron's fold up tent, I'll wait a season or two and start following the 'Hawks.

I'd probably cross over to the dark side and become a Cowboys fan. They're more or less the 'local' team for much of the south, anyway. Given that they're the only two teams my local cable affiliates even bother to carry, its probably a choice between them or the Titans if I actually ever wanted to see my team play a game. Enough time has passed that all of those players from the 90s Cowboys teams that I hated are gone and my animosity for the team is largely gone as well. Plus, they drafted a Razorback last year, Felix Jones, so that would certainly help. I still hate Jerry Jones, but at least the guy tries to win. That's something, I suppose.

Giants. Years of watching them has worn down my resistance and it is actually enjoyable to watch a team that knows how to play the game.

Big deal. You know and I know that the very minute we became Giant fans (never happening here), they would completely suck, and I am talking about long term sucking. Seriously, can you doubt this for even one second? :lol:

Silvermike is absolutely correct. I think that I would go either to the Lions, or probably the Bengals. The Lions look as if they stand a fairly decent chance of being good some day. Imagine a good qb throwing to Calvin Johnson? The Bengals suck, and their best players seem to be hurt, in jail or getting old.

Yeah, the Bengals would probably be my choice.

Big deal. You know and I know that the very minute we became Giant fans (never happening here), they would completely suck, and I am talking about long term sucking. Seriously, can you doubt this for even one second? :lol:

Silvermike is absolutely correct. I think that I would go either to the Lions, or probably the Bengals. The Lions look as if they stand a fairly decent chance of being good some day. Imagine a good qb throwing to Calvin Johnson? The Bengals suck, and their best players seem to be hurt, in jail or getting old.

;)

I think that I would go either to the Lions, or probably the Bengals. The Lions look as if they stand a fairly decent chance of being good some day. Imagine a good qb throwing to Calvin Johnson? The Bengals suck, and their best players seem to be hurt, in jail or getting old.

Better off going with the Bengals. They at least have a quarterback. You know if you became a Lions fan, they would go out and sign JP Losman. :lol:

:lol:

Laugh as you will but the Lions draft first, and Millen is no longer there. We otoh will be picking where we usually do and we still have Dumbo Jauron, who can be counted upon to trade away picks and squander the best ones we do keep on defensive backs.

Bills Fans are not in a position to be smug to the ineptitude of any franchise, and that includes the Lions.