What kind of coach do you want.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty ball, Russ Grimm, Bill Cowher ( yes i said it before and he would be the best fit for the team)

somebody that would not wait for a team meeting to let his feelings known

somebody that would make good game day decisions

I would not look for somebody from the college ranks though

Guest dog14787
What's sickening to me is that here we are again. Running over the same old ground. Wade Phillips, Gregg Johnson, Mike Malarkey, Dick Jauron, ...fill in the blank. Hire. Follow with 2 to 3 years of "rebuilding", gotta give them a chance, there are some bright spots, etc., then after dismal failure, fire. Rinse, repeat. History of the Bills since Levy.

Wow, this is fun...

All inexperienced and unproven head coaches,

Seems like a light would go off in Ralph Wilsons head and he would say wait, we need to get the best coach out there this time regardless of what he cost, a championship caliber coach like Bill Cowher.

Marty ball, Russ Grimm, Bill Cowher ( yes i said it before and he would be the best fit for the team)

somebody that would not wait for a team meeting to let his feelings known

somebody that would make good game day decisions

I would not look for somebody from the college ranks though

I agree with Russ Grimm or Singletary, really anybody with an actual plan and identity for the team. Our offense should be built to run the ball set up play action and stretch the field with Evans or Parrish. The last 2 weeks are awful the Offense has no identity not enough touches for Lynch, Jackson, or Evans. Why all the shotgun with no RB in the backfield that's too easy for the defense to diagnose. 10 years of the same has been tough to take. Why can't we build a team with a great defense and running game to make a playoff run...It works in Pitt, NYG,Etc....

What's sickening to me is that here we are again. Running over the same old ground. Wade Phillips, Gregg Johnson, Mike Malarkey, Dick Jauron, ...fill in the blank. Hire. Follow with 2 to 3 years of "rebuilding", gotta give them a chance, there are some bright spots, etc., then after dismal failure, fire. Rinse, repeat. History of the Bills since Levy.

Wow, this is fun...

I think (many may disagree) that except in this case we do have a QB available for the next coach.

One who practices outdoors sometimes, one who doesn't look like a deer in the headlights when its decision time, one who can throw a challenge flag so one of the 7 referees can see it..........................

A coach who isn't already on the staff of this team. Some people say they want April promoted, why? Since when do people who do a mediocre job get a promotion? Besides Bobby is an assistant head coach and has alot of say what goes on already and he sure as hell isn't making a difference lately.

Something tells me Ralph would go cheap and promote April.....

Who knows.

I want a young, energetic, coach that will bring an aggresive defense and a smash mouth offense. I like Mike Tomlin type coach. Not jauron, who is like the walking dead.

Dick is not like the walking dead. He is the walking dead. And his team likes him so much, they have become walking dead themselves.

I loved watching Tony Sporano scream at his rookie kicker after the kid screwed up a squib kick and somehow Stevie Johnson managed to not fumble the ball and land on it around the 50 yard line. Sporano knew that Losman had about as much chance of moving the Bills 50 yards for a touchdown at that point in the game as Ralph Wilson would have had if he would have put himself in, yet he still got pissed off at his kicker and called the kid out anyway. That's the kind of coach I would love seeing lead the Bills next year. Someone with a pulse, who cares enough about winning to get pissed off when his team plays badly.

Give someone who gets excited when things go are way and gets shows emotion both good and bad! Just watched the end of the .Piowertt Dal game and to see Tomlin seemingly getting into the emotion of the game can't but rub off on the players. Marv was very analytical but he still had his moments of high energy. I want to see high fives and running @ and getting in some faces when things aren't going our way!! Give me a Cowher or Marty Shotts!!!

Piowertt? :lol:

But...

Mike Mularkey + Dick LeBeau = Fired?

I don't know about your logic...

Mike Mularkey was not fired. He quit when Levy was hired as GM. Levy's first choice was to let Mularkey and LeBeau stay at least one more year if not longer. In fact, was LeBeau still here when Levy got here? I thought he left before then. What difference does it make? Look at Kevin Gilbride. He's now a genius leading the Giants' offense to a second consecutive SB, while LeBeau went back to Pittsburgh after he left Buffalo and is leading the best defense in the NFL. Sometimes I think it's just Buffalo. Look at Scotty Bowman. 5 Cups as coach of the Habs. 0 Cups as GM-coach of the Sabres for 5 years. At least 1 Cup as coach of Pittsburgh when he helped out there after their popular head coach passed away. Then another 2 Cups as coach in Detroit. At least Turner Gill got a MAC Championship for UB this season.

I want a coach that wins games. As a prerequisite to knowing this, one should look at past wins. What has he won exactly? The better the win, the higher the name on "the list". I'll submit my "list":

Marty Schottenhiemer (Able to turn teams around quickly)

Dan Reaves (Able to turn team around quickly and good at working with you QBs ie., John Elway and Michael Vick)

Brain Billick

Bill Cowher

Bill Callahan

Jim Fassell

the Mooch

Jack DelRio (if available)

Mike Martz

Mike Singeltary (if available Kind of against my own philosophy, but could be fun anyway)

I also want a coach who will come in and see what talent we got and what they're good at, and devise schemes to maximize that talent as opposed to a coach with a "system" that requires certain kinds of players which we may or may not have.

I say Brian Billick we need a tough coach. Fox would be good but I don't think that will happen,plus he has a sour taste in his mouth from us. Marty Schottenhiemer and or Bill Cowher are out of the question because they are winners and Ralph does not like winners.Its a tax write off thing.

the thread should have been closed after this post. if ranting and raving made you a good coach, carl mauch would be in the hall of fame

You read my mind... Most Rah Rah screamers wear thin after a short time. The players stop hearing it after a while. Marv seemed to use his emotion as punctuation, keeping it effective. It's like saying the F word constantly, what do you say when you're really pissed?

Didn't Jauron play on a cold weather team that played outdoors? When did the Lions move indoors, and when did that stop being an advantage? Even if it isn't, it's part of the lore of the Buffalo Bills. We relish the elements, we want the same from our team.

Mike Mularkey was not fired. He quit when Levy was hired as GM. Levy's first choice was to let Mularkey and LeBeau stay at least one more year if not longer. In fact, was LeBeau still here when Levy got here? I thought he left before then. What difference does it make? Look at Kevin Gilbride. He's now a genius leading the Giants' offense to a second consecutive SB, while LeBeau went back to Pittsburgh after he left Buffalo and is leading the best defense in the NFL. Sometimes I think it's just Buffalo. Look at Scotty Bowman. 5 Cups as coach of the Habs. 0 Cups as GM-coach of the Sabres for 5 years. At least 1 Cup as coach of Pittsburgh when he helped out there after their popular head coach passed away. Then another 2 Cups as coach in Detroit. At least Turner Gill got a MAC Championship for UB this season.

LeBeau left PRIOR to Mularkey's second and last season. Not only wasn't he here, he was the D coordinator for the SB champion that year.