What kind of coach do you want.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Smart coach who takes control of his team, ala playcalling/decision making etc. A main requirement should be someone who realizes that foobtall starts up front with the line, and that the best defense is a good offense.

Les Miles - LSU

Guest dog14787

If he's going to lack in experience,

I want a guy thats full of passion and love for the game of football. I want a tough guy who doesn't back down from anything. I want a voice that players will listen to and believe in. I want a guy like Jim Kelly to be the next head coach for the Buffalo Bills.

Hmmm, where would we find someone like Jim Kelly. :sick:

Let me put my two cents in for Steve Spagnola of the Giants- He absolutely will not drop the secondary back 15 yards on 3rd and 9. :lol:

The more I think about this - the more I like the Spags idea. My only reservation is that I feel like we need a been there, done that kinda guy. I know Spags comes from a winning team, but all things being equal (and I'm not sure they are) - I'd like a Cowher or a veteran coach that the players will buy into.

I also hear that Del Rio might be let go, that would be intriguing.

C

What's sickening to me is that here we are again. Running over the same old ground. Wade Phillips, Gregg Johnson, Mike Malarkey, Dick Jauron, ...fill in the blank. Hire. Follow with 2 to 3 years of "rebuilding", gotta give them a chance, there are some bright spots, etc., then after dismal failure, fire. Rinse, repeat. History of the Bills since Levy.

Wow, this is fun...

I want a young, energetic, coach that will bring an aggresive defense and a smash mouth offense. I like Mike Tomlin type coach. Not jauron, who is like the walking dead.

But Tomlin also was given a very highly talented team and the Steelers always draft very well....Lamar Woodley has emerged as a fantastic LB for them from last years draft.

Plus, as someone said Tomlin Minus Dick Lebeau = Fired.....

In fact even Bill Cowher rode the co-tails of Dick Lebeau to a SB championship.