What kind of coach do you want.

Let's start with one who has a pulse. That bar shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

Once we establish that he has a pulse, let's find someone who is a motivator. I know, I've heard the BS before that these are professionals and if they need to be motivated, then they shouldn't be here -- blah, blah, blah. I don't buy it. Your HC needs to be a motivator. Guys just respond to that. Look at the Steelers. Look at the Falcons. Lou Saban was that sort of guy and he actually brought 2 championships to Buffalo! That's the kind of guy we need at HC.

Ok, let's continue to raise the bar a bit higher -- let's find someone who doesn't defer the kickoff -- someone who wants to score early and put the opponent's backs to the wall right away.

Let's find a guy who has intelligence -- knows when to challenge a call and when not to.

Let's find a guy who tells it like it is -- someone who is not afraid to get in a player's face if he's not performing well -- someone who simply DEMANDS production and doesn't just ASK for it like Dick. If you don't produce, then you either sit out or get shown the door.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic