Anyone catch this about today about Jauron?

drhockey

I saw this little tidbit today on Jauron's potential status at the end of the year from Mark Gaughn's live chat online at the news' website. Obviously it is only Mark's opinion, but he is and always has been very close to the team. This will be sad if true, but anyhoo....

11:04 [Comment From Nick]

Yes or No Jauron is back next year

11:04 Yes.

11:04 If they lose the last four and do it in an ugly fashion, then obviously they may have to make a move. But I don't see a change coming. I don't see it at all.

11:05 [Comment From Nick]

Why it makes no sense to bring him back

11:08 Well, I think Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon are tired of changing coaches. They've done it so often. It's a revolving door in this organization. I think Jauron has a good relationship with Wilson. That's a big factor. I think they like their coordinators. How many times can you change coordinators and re-do your whole offensive system? You just keep spinning your wheels and getting nowhere. What if Trent Edwards has to learn a whole new offensive system next year? Then you have to wait even longer to figure out if he's the guy. You bring in a new coach and start over, and now you're dumping a bunch of your young guys and rebuilding for when, 2012? Granted, if you have the wrong guy in place, continuity is no good -- see Matt Millen. But I think the Bills want to give continuity a chance. ... Now. ... If they get blown out down the stretch and give up ... the picture changes.

Yuck!!

Also, i cannot claim the following stats as something i took the time to research myself, but i thought these numbers were very interesting and telling about Jauron. I found them on another message board, so kudos to the original poster. Check these numbers out though...

FACT: Dick Jauron has been head coach in 128 games in his career.

FACT: Dick Jauron has won a total of 56 games in his career.

FACT: Of those 56 wins, 14 games came against teams with a winning record.

FACT: In the 43 games that Dick Jauron has been head coach of the Buffalo Bills, he has beaten TWO (2) teams with a winning record.

FACT: With the exception of the 2006 victory against the NYJ, Dick Jauron has never won a game versus a team with a winning record by more than 9 points.

FACT: Of the 14 wins against teams with winning records, he has won by an average of 4.6 points in those games.

FACT: Of those 14 wins against teams with winning records, only 4 times has Jauron beaten a team by more than 3 points

As many of us have already said many times, i am just done with this guy. And, don't give me crap about rebuilidng for 3 years after a coaching change. I only need to reference two abyssmal franchises that seemed to do ok with a recent wholesale change....Dolphins and Falcons. Enough said for me.

Opinion: The offensive and defensive lines have been subpar ever since he got here.

Opinion: No coach wins without strong line play.

Fact: His record with the Bills STILL isn't far from .500.

Just three more years and we'll be right back in the mix.

As many of us have already said many times, i am just done with this guy. And, don't give me crap about rebuilidng for 3 years after a coaching change. I only need to reference two abyssmal franchises that seemed to do ok with a recent wholesale change....Dolphins and Falcons. Enough said for me.

Exactly. Get the right people in charge and a turnaround can happen very fast. Jauron is not the right people.

Opinion: The offensive and defensive lines have been subpar ever since he got here.

Opinion: No coach wins without strong line play.

Fact: His record with the Bills STILL isn't far from .500.

FACT: Dick Jauron has had unprecedented personnel control over this team.

Unless of course you think Marv or Russ Brandon overruled him, which is highly unlikely.

FACT: .500 isn't enough to cut it in the NFL, especially after 2, maybe 3 seasons with this team.

It's funny how quickly perceptions change.

Just 6 weeks ago, the team was 5-1. Not only did I think they were headed in the right direction, but I also thought that this could be a team that could be good for a long time given their youth and relative health in terms of the salary cap going forward. Trent also looked like a candidate for league MVP at that time. Funny how his going south seems to have coincided with Jauron's approval rating.

It will be interesting to see how perceptions change after these last 4 games.

It's funny how quickly perceptions change.

Just 6 weeks ago, the team was 5-1. Not only did I think they were headed in the right direction, but I also thought that this could be a team that could be good for a long time given their youth and relative health in terms of the salary cap going forward. Trent also looked like a candidate for league MVP at that time. Funny how his going south seems to have coincided with Jauron's approval rating.

It will be interesting to see how perceptions change after these last 4 games.

Yeah, if only Trent had played in the last 6 games like he did in the first 6, we'd be at worst 9-3 and Dick Jauron would be a coaching genius.

Beat writers are the last guys to jump ship because they want to have access to the team and do not want to alienate the organization in fear of losing that access. Guys like Mark need to hedge their bets so to speak. That's how I read into those comments.

Yeah, if only Trent had played in the last 6 games like he did in the first 6, we'd be at worst 9-3 and Dick Jauron would be a coaching genius.

True. Actually, even with Trent's poor play, if Lindell makes those kicks against Cleveland and SF, we are looking at 8-4 and there is probably a somewhat even divide amongst Jauron supporters and haters. The record itself would lend a note of credibility to the supporters. ("How can you talk about firing a coach that is 8-4?") Of course, the reality is this: Would the team have been any better if Lindell had made those kicks? Yes, the record certainly would have been better, and these final 4 games wouldn't be as do-or-die. But would the team have really been any better?

I for one have had enough of Dicky J's traveling freak show. His lack of emotion and non responsive post game interviews have me :bag: smashing my head against a wall. If he is signed to an extension it would mean three more years of inept transition almost guaranteeing that this team will not stay in Buffalo. I want quality football in Buffalo and it sems that we won't have that for years to come. It makes me wonder , are the players we have had over the last ten years that bad or are the coaches not coaching them to their fullest abilities. Could Trent Edwards, J.P. Losman, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, Travis Henry , Antwoine Smith, Peerless Price, Eric Moulds, Willis McGahee, Eric Flowers, Mike Williams and the list goes on and on, have been better if coached properly? Scary!! Wade, Gregg, Mike, and now Dicky have used this team as stepping stone in their NFL careers. None of them left to immediately become a head coach somewhere else. Potential was lost on any player who played under these idiots, including veterans. :unsure:

True. Actually, even with Trent's poor play, if Lindell makes those kicks against Cleveland and SF, we are looking at 8-4 and there is probably a somewhat even divide amongst Jauron supporters and haters. The record itself would lend a note of credibility to the supporters. ("How can you talk about firing a coach that is 8-4?") Of course, the reality is this: Would the team have been any better if Lindell had made those kicks? Yes, the record certainly would have been better, and these final 4 games wouldn't be as do-or-die. But would the team have really been any better?

Yes. If the Bills could have eeked out wins against Cleveland and SF, we would be a better team becuase our record would be 2 games better and we'd be tied record-wise with Indianapolis and Baltimore. The definition of a good team is it wins more games.

This is the thing that gets me about Dick. The team is very close to winning a lot of games but can't seem to come through to seal the deal anymore.

Mark has a point. Everyone wants to change coaches, coordinators, etc. But we've been doing that for years and it gets us nowhere. We keep hiring the wrong people. What makes you think we'll get it right now?

PTR

That is my single biggest concern with replacing Jauron. There's no guarantee that they'll bring in anyone worth a dang to replace him. It can get worse... a lot worse.

The fact simply is that if Lindell makes the two kicks against SF we lose 10-9 instead of 10-3. Once could make the case that if only we were closer in the game we would have scored again, but this fantasy approach can easily be taken by someone claiming that if the score was closer SF would also had more incentive to score.

The simple mathematical fact is that if Lindell had made 2 three point FGs we would have had 6 more points.