Open Bar?

tmk-nj

I agree with respect to those two. If I'm enjoying a single malt they serve in a standard bar, it'll be LaGavulin or Laphroaig, and it'll be neat.

I couldn't take Laphroaig. I have had a nearly full bottle for a year and can't bring myself to drink it. I prefer a nice Dalwhinnie or Balvenie Doublewood.

You can't beat a Rusty Nail if there are no single malts available! Preferably Famous Grouse with the Drambuie.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double Jack Daniels, and keep em coming. Hey, I'm a Tennessee Squire... Gotta represent!

Well, if you are from Tennessee then you must know that George Dickel kick's Jack's ass. :P

Seriously, I love Tennessee sippin' whiskey. I used to love Jack black, back when it was 90 proof. Then, they watered it down to 86 proof. I guess, because the majority of frat boys, bikers and Canadians ruin their Jack with coke (how disgusting is that?), they further reduced the proof to 80. Jack black now is essentially Jack green, in my eyes.

But George Dickel white label continues to be 90 proof and is surely one of America's finest whiskeys. (George Dickel spells it "Whisky".) Their 86 proof black label is also better than Jack black, IMO.

Both Jack and George make fine high-end pecialty whiskeys, that's for sure.

never had george dickel before. I guess i'll have to give it a shot. in all reality, i'm not much of a drinker anymore, so i don't really go out on a limb looking for new stuff to drink.

It tends to be hard to find, in bars...and sometimes even in a liquor store. (This is, partly, due to some problems at GD's distillery.)

Well, if you are from Tennessee then you must know that George Dickel kick's Jack's ass. :)

Seriously, I love Tennessee sippin' whiskey. I used to love Jack black, back when it was 90 proof. Then, they watered it down to 86 proof. I guess, because the majority of frat boys, bikers and Canadians ruin their Jack with coke (how disgusting is that?), they further reduced the proof to 80. Jack black now is essentially Jack green, in my eyes.

But George Dickel white label continues to be 90 proof and is surely one of America's finest whiskeys. (George Dickel spells it "Whisky".) Their 86 proof black label is also better than Jack black, IMO.

Both Jack and George make fine high-end pecialty whiskeys, that's for sure.

In Canada we spell it Whisky as well. Not sure why, maybe it adds colour, or honour to us, or it's a labour of love.