Sometimes, all you can do is laugh . . .

mannc

In times like these, laughter can be the best medicine. What are the most laughable moments and personalities in Bills history? I'll nominate a few:

1. Chris Watson, the "punt catcher" (Was it Wade Phillips or Greggg who called him that?);

2. Robinson (forgot his first name), the washed up LB from the Titans, who Greggg brought with him from Nashville, getting faked out of his uniform by the elusive Chad Pennington;

3. Ol' Whitey holding a press conference at the 2005 draft "introducing" JP Losman as the Bills' "No. 1 draft pick", the year after the Bills wasted a number one by trading down to pick him (this stunt was supposed to make Bills fans feel better about the fact that we had no no. 1 pick that year);

4. Mike Williams eating himself out of the league;

5. Mularkey calling for a punt from the Pats' 32 yard line on 4th and 1 and the Bills trailing in the fourth quarter (in fairness, I think a number of other recent Bills coaches have probably done the same thing, but this particular one stuck in my mind);

6. Kelly Holcomb's 6-yard check down pass on 4th and 8 in the final minute against the Pats on national TV.

7. Tricky Dick Jauron calling timeout just as Nick Folk kicked the would be-winning FG for the Cowboys on MNF. In Buffalo, this, along with "deferring the kickoff", is what passes for state of the art coaching decisions.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are hundreds more.

Lonnie Johnson catching a fake punt in GB, being in the clear, but forgetting the return man was back there and getting CRUSHED because he was looking back at everyone near the line of scrimmage! Damn, that was pathetic!!!

- The hiring of Gregg Williams

- The hiring of Mike Mularkey

- The hiring of Dick Jauron

- Letting Bill Polian walk

- Letting Fat Pat walk

- Letting Nate go for nothing

- Drafting Eric Flowers

- Drafting John McCargo

- The whole Flutie/Johnson debacle

Damn, this sucks!

Trading Darryl Lamonica to the Raiders for Tom Flores and Art Powell.

Fergy throwing a game changing int against the Cowpokes on MNF while on his knees without a shoe and his sock stretched halfway across the field.

Alvin Wyatt returning a STL Cardinals punt for a TD while I was in the men's room at the Rockpile.

ronnie Harmon - just all of it, really.

Derrick Burroughs - We picked that @ss clown when Jerry Rice was still on the board. YES - WE - DID!!!

Hank Bullough - F'n PLEASE!!! HE was such a retard it hurt my brain.

Passing on Mike Sherman as HC.

The Music City MISTAKE - I was there, I wanted to drop dead right there. It was a simple call to make, and the Refs didn't make it, they wanted to go home alive.

I don't know why, but this one hurts the most, and it's a Sabres moment - SKATE IN THE CREASE - it was plain as day, not even close, yet we got dry docked again... oh well I guess we just get used to it after a while.

Past bonehead moves I can think of:

-Letting Pat Williams leave.

-Letting London Fletcher leave.

-Drafting JP, Fat Mike, and McCargo.

-Hiring Williams and Mularkey.

-Letting Jerry Gray go.

More recent bonehead moves I can think of:

-The balloons from hell the shorted out power at the Ralph vs. SD.

-Not running the ball with Lynch vs. SF on 2nd and 2; and on 3rd and 2; and on 4th and 2.

-Rian Lindell.

-Hiring Jauron.

Someone on the sidelines accepting a penalty with time running out that gave the Houston Texans the extra down needed to run out the clock on 11/16/03. On the same play London Fletcher was screaming to the ref no no no on the field about accepting the penalty but the sidelines call was the one that the refs accepted. The Bills lost at home 12-10. I wanted Gregg fired right on the spot for that one.

Past bonehead moves I can think of:

-Letting Pat Williams leave.

-Letting London Fletcher leave.

-Drafting JP, Fat Mike, and McCargo.

-Hiring Williams and Mularkey.

-Letting Jerry Gray go.

More recent bonehead moves I can think of:

-The balloons from hell the shorted out power at the Ralph vs. SD.

-Not running the ball with Lynch vs. SF on 2nd and 2; and on 3rd and 2; and on 4th and 2.

-Rian Lindell.

-Hiring Jauron.

Rian Lindell??? are you kidding?

Trading Darryl Lamonica to the Raiders for Tom Flores and Art Powell.

Fergy throwing a game changing int against the Cowpokes on MNF while on his knees without a shoe and his sock stretched halfway across the field.

Alvin Wyatt returning a STL Cardinals punt for a TD while I was in the men's room at the Rockpile.

The great Alvin Wyatt.....he'd be making 4 mil per if he were playing today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I was at that game and wasn't in the men's room..

Rian Lindell??? are you kidding?

The Browns and Niners games are too fresh in my mind to ignore his recent regression into retardation. Shanking two chip shots of the bar? C'mon.

The freaking guy is paid a lot of money to do one thing and one thing only: Make field goals. That's it! That is his job, make field goals, and he can't do it.

Someone on the sidelines accepting a penalty with time running out that gave the Houston Texans the extra down needed to run out the clock on 11/16/03. On the same play London Fletcher was screaming to the ref no no no on the field about accepting the penalty but the sidelines call was the one that the refs accepted. The Bills lost at home 12-10. I wanted Gregg fired right on the spot for that one.

Lordy, I forgot all about that, but now my head is spinning in anger again :lol:<_<

To much time after a timeout at Cinci wipes out a first down in a playoff game

When Joe Ferguson left for the Lions in 1985. The Bills wanted to bring in Dieter Brock but he turned the Bills down because they were 2-14 in 1984 and appeared to be a worse team in 1985 . They settled for Bruce Mathison & Vince Ferragamo. I remember being at the opener against San Diego and there may have been 50,000 people there. I also remember a game that year against Houston. One of their two wins. It was 33 degrees out and it rained all game. If there were 20,000 people there at the beginning of the game it was alot. There may have been 5,000 by the start of the 3rd quarter. In those days, we could leave our house in Cheektowaga at 12:15 pm and park in the first few rows in Drive One and be in our seats by 12:45pm. It was so sad, it was funny. To this day, there is no doubt in my mind, Jim Kelly saved this franchise in 1986. Hope he can somehow do it again.