just watched the debacle on tape after listening to it while ...

Still don't understand why you go out of your way to call Edwards a good QB who just happened to have a bad game. Again. In bad weather. Again. With receivers running free beyond 25 yds of the LoS. Again.

Losman didn't rescue the team. But I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that Edwards would have had a TD if the ball wasn't batted down, yet ignore Parrish's drop in the numbers in the endzone. One QB got the ball to the receiver, the other didn't.

As for the 4th down pass - the 1 yd that it traveled in the air was very Edwardesque in its execution.

Point is, the Bills don't have a good QB who just happened to have a bad game. Bills have an athletic wild man who can't manage a game, and a younger Kelly Holcomb.

I can't tell if you're patronizing observers like me or if we have the EXACT same feelings about yesterday's game!

The Hardy observations come from you and others who were at the game. The rest are my own observations, which agree with yours.

Still don't understand why you go out of your way to call Edwards a good QB who just happened to have a bad game. Again. In bad weather. Again. With receivers running free beyond 25 yds of the LoS. Again.

Losman didn't rescue the team. But I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that Edwards would have had a TD if the ball wasn't batted down, yet ignore Parrish's drop in the numbers in the endzone. One QB got the ball to the receiver, the other didn't.

As for the 4th down pass - the 1 yd that it traveled in the air was very Edwardesque in its execution.

Point is, the Bills don't have a good QB who just happened to have a bad game. Bills have an athletic wild man who can't manage a game, and a younger Kelly Holcomb.

All I can say is I hope you're wrong -- of course I *want* him to be good. I will add that while JP's pass was on target, Parrish didn't drop it - it was knocked away (good coverage). Let's not forget that Edwards did play well against KC, which actually did OK on defense in the games preceding and succeeding the Bills blowout.

Also, while I only watched it on TV with all of its limitations, I have to agree with R. Rich that outside of Reed and Evans on the shorter/medium stuff, the WRs are really struggling to get open.

Look, I want him to be good, but since that Jax play (and I'll confess that I thought he was probably out of bounds)

He was in bounds...The Replay showed it pretty clearly...Good God, I know the Kid has been a disappointment this Year but do we have to nitpick the one good Play He had all Year?... :devil:

He was in bounds...The Replay showed it pretty clearly...Good God, I know the Kid has been a disappointment this Year but do we have to nitpick the one good Play He had all Year?... :devil:

The hady bashers will nitpick at anything. Lets face it, if the coaches can not get him involved at least in the endzone then there is major problems. If a piss poor IU coach can find ways to make him get the ball then so can an average NFL coach.

The hady bashers will nitpick at anything. Lets face it, if the coaches can not get him involved at least in the endzone then there is major problems. If a piss poor IU coach can find ways to make him get the ball then so can an average NFL coach.

We all should of known that wrs take a little while to develope. i know their are exceptions over recent years(Royal, Boldin etc..) but those are few & far between. I really do not think the kid understands the playbook right now & the coaches do not trust him. They had to burn a timeout sunday because he was lined up in the wrong spot. Hopefully he will improve next year & he will be a nice compliment to Reed/Evans. In hindsight it was naive for the bills brass to count on a rookie receiver to bolster the passing game. Next year should be a different story. I have watched Hardy play in college alot. The kid could play.

We all should of known that wrs take a little while to develope. i know their are exceptions over recent years(Royal, Boldin etc..) but those are few & far between. I really do not think the kid understands the playbook right now & the coaches do not trust him. They had to burn a timeout sunday because he was lined up in the wrong spot. Hopefully he will improve next year & he will be a nice compliment to Reed/Evans. In hindsight it was naive for the bills brass to count on a rookie receiver to bolster the passing game. Next year should be a different story. I have watched Hardy play in college alot. The kid could play.

You're forgetting Avery, Jackson and Thomas. All this year. Things change and WRs are producing quick dividends now. We got goose eggs.

I'm not bashing him, actually. IIRC, I thought Edwards waited a tad too long to get it to him. Hardy didn't do anything wrong. It was a close call. If he had been ruled out, it wouldn't have overturned either.

You're forgetting Avery, Jackson and Thomas. All this year. Things change and WRs are producing quick dividends now. We got goose eggs.

That very well could be but I am not ready to close the book on Hardy yet.

Have to agree with GG on this one, your "observations" are slanted in Edwards favor when the facts were that the entire offense as a unit just plain sucked in the red zone. If one wants to put it all on the QB, then neither QB played well enough because neither QB could get the team in the end zone. It's fine to hope Edwards plays out of this funk at some point, but that hope shouldn't color the fact that he didn't get it done, again.

In fact, this isn't a new problem at all. Edwards struggled massively last season (especially late in the season when the weather got cold) in producing points in the red zone. The more Polyanna viewpoints believed that the addition of James Hardy and the subtraction of Steve Fairchild would be more than enough to correct all the problems the Bills had in last year's stretch collapse. Hardy is a complete non-factor in this offense. And, it took Schonert 11 weeks to figure out where the stairs to the press box were. Many of the exact same problems continue a year later. I was hopeful the offensive explosion against Kansas City was the offense finally getting it and wasn't just all purple smoke and mirrors, but over the last nearly 2 months the Chiefs game is the anomaly and not the norm.

Have to agree with GG on this one, your "observations" are slanted in Edwards favor when the facts were that the entire offense as a unit just plain sucked in the red zone. If one wants to put it all on the QB, then neither QB played well enough because neither QB could get the team in the end zone. It's fine to hope Edwards plays out of this funk at some point, but that hope shouldn't color the fact that he didn't get it done, again.

In fact, this isn't a new problem at all. Edwards struggled massively last season (especially late in the season when the weather got cold) in producing points in the red zone. The more Polyanna viewpoints believed that the addition of James Hardy and the subtraction of Steve Fairchild would be more than enough to correct all the problems the Bills had in last year's stretch collapse. Hardy is a complete non-factor in this offense. And, it took Schonert 11 weeks to figure out where the stairs to the press box were. Many of the exact same problems continue a year later. I was hopeful the offensive explosion against Kansas City was the offense finally getting it and wasn't just all purple smoke and mirrors, but over the last nearly 2 months the Chiefs game is the anomaly and not the norm.

You could be right, and certainly his play in the elements is pretty worrying. What was probably coloring my perspective most, however, was that listening to the radio, he sounded terrible, but on screen he looked more or less OK (not great) - pretty steady in the pocket, no confusion, no dumb throws. He certainly threw a few inaccurate passes, however. Both QBs made nice passes into the end zone, by the way - it's just that Edwards' pass was tipped (a sure TD) and Losman's was well defended. The defense actually made plays.

another Hardy bash. Really is he the reason the Bills are and will be under .500. Anyway How can you tell on TV how Hardy did. They did not throw him the ball. This post is complete bogus. Sorry. I tried to watch again to see if I say what you saw and not even close.

If you look at the performance of this years rookie WR's, only 2, maybe 3 rookies are performing better than Hardy. One of which is Avery, and you can't tell me you would rather have Avery! In terms of TDs, the last time I checked, Hardy was either tied for 2nd, or 3rd out of the rookies with 2 TD's. He clearly has work to do, but he has caught 1/5 of Trent's TD passes. I think if we came into this season saying Hardy would catch 1/5 of Trent's TD passes we'd be happy.

You could be right, and certainly his play in the elements is pretty worrying. What was probably coloring my perspective most, however, was that listening to the radio, he sounded terrible, but on screen he looked more or less OK (not great) - pretty steady in the pocket, no confusion, no dumb throws. He certainly threw a few inaccurate passes, however. Both QBs made nice passes into the end zone, by the way - it's just that Edwards' pass was tipped (a sure TD) and Losman's was well defended. The defense actually made plays.

To be succinct: I don't think either QB is playing great. But, I also don't think it is all their fault that the offense struggles. There has been a lack of weapons / playmakers, inconsistent / weak play up front, and the schemes seem little more than ad hoc, knee jerk reactions.

Do you think he is a glove wearing Mary?

Save for Marshawn and Freddie...they're ALL Glove Wearing Mary's.......

Am I the only one who thinks Marshawn actually has FUN in cold weather. He never wore a jacket, was bopping around like he was in a winter wonderland....we need 52 players built like him. Not like the rest of these gutless p***ies.

Thomas? You mean Royal. But Avery was picked before Hardy and Jackson and Royal at 5'10" weren't going to be drafted by the Bills.

I watched the game last night. The few things I noted:

Trent was once again off to a fast start only to melt down later with 9 straight incompletions to end the half. Many of those passes were downright ugly misses to running backs in the flat for crying out loud.

When you're running back has 125 yards on 15 carries going into the 4th quarter where you're only down by a TD, feed him! How he only got 1 carry in Q4 is mind boggling. When you have strong running back, the 4th quarter is when you pound them because the defense is tired and chances of breaking a big one go way up.

Early in the game Trent was hitting a lot of passes to WRs. Looked like they made some changes to the offense to get these guys open underneath or something.

The OLine had a good game opening up holes. Great job.

The defense was superb. Giving up only 10 points and still losing by a TD points to a pathetic offensive performance.

We only had 1 turnover this week too and still lost. We're great between the twenties, but when we get inside the 5, forget about it.

Lindell, what can I say? Didn't matter really because even if it was 10-9 going into the last drive we would have still lost because we couldn't move the ball.

Tough loss.