Top 5 NFL Coaches...

Alphadawg7

http://www.forbes.com/business/2005/09/01/...estcoaches.html

This article is a couple years old, but he shows which coaches get the most wins with the least payroll...which is what we need as we know Ralph doesnt exactly qualify as a big spender...

#1 is up in NE and isnt going anywhere, but of the other 4, only one is currently a HC (Andy Reid) and he may be available at years end.

1. Bellichick

2. Cowher

3. Reid

4. Jim Mora

5. Schottenheimer

This article is a couple years old, but he shows which coaches get the most wins with the least payroll...which is what we need as we know Ralph doesnt exactly qualify as a big spender...

#1 is up in NE and isnt going anywhere, but of the other 4, only one is currently a HC (Andy Reid) and he may be available at years end.

1. Bellichick

2. Cowher

3. Reid

4. Jim Mora

5. Schottenheimer

Where is John Fox? Post something current.

It would be fun to have Jim Mora around just because he's awesome to talk to when a team loses. Other than that he's been out of the league for awhile, but iirc, he DID take two abysmal teams and turn them around into playoff bound teams, so that's something.

he meant jim mora, jr, who did a decent job in Atlanta before Petrino and Vick funked it up last year.

he meant jim mora, jr, who did a decent job in Atlanta before Petrino and Vick funked it up last year.

The same Jim Mora that said he would quit on his team before the year was up to take the job as HC at his college alma mater?

:huh: Yeah, sign him up.

1. Bellichick

2. Cowher

3. Reid

4. Jim Mora

5. Schottenheimer

I always go to Forbes magazine for their judgment on who is the best football coach.

Guest dog14787
I always go to Forbes magazine for their judgment on who is the best football coach.

I wonder if Ralh Wilson reads Forbes magazine. <_<

This would be a valid statement by you if the article was based on Forbes opinnion of who the best coach is...however, it is based on number of wins per dollar value of their players...aka...facts not opinnion...so who published it has zero relevance in this topic...but thanks for the dim wit commment.

I also love how people will post a comment like this...so are you saying your football IQ is superior to whoever compiled this article becuase they work for Forbes? Where do you work? Do you work for an NFL franchise, ESPN, SI, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, etc. that makes your opinnion more credible than a professional journalist at Forbes? I am willing to bet that whoever wrote this article has done a far more in depth analysis of who the better coaches are...case in point is that its based on fact, not arm chair quarterback opinnion...

Guest dog14787
This would be a valid statement by you if the article was based on Forbes opinnion of who the best coach is...however, it is based on number of wins per dollar value of their players...aka...facts not opinnion...so who published it has zero relevance in this topic...but thanks for the dim wit commment.

I also love how people will post a comment like this...so are you saying your football IQ is superior to whoever compiled this article becuase they work for Forbes? Where do you work? Do you work for an NFL franchise, ESPN, SI, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, etc. that makes your opinnion more credible than a professional journalist at Forbes? I am willing to bet that whoever wrote this article has done a far more in depth analysis of who the better coaches are...case in point is that its based on fact, not arm chair quarterback opinnion...

Relax, he was just joking. <_<

Which is why it is a relatively worthless article (which, BTW, I read).

I also love how people will post a comment like this...so are you saying your football IQ is superior to whoever compiled this article becuase they work for Forbes?

I can't compare my football IQ to the author's as the author of that article revealed no football sense, whatsoever. This could have been written by a low-level research analyst. But, I will say, drawing conclusions from this sort of numbers based analysis alone, is a horrendous practice. I'm fairly certain my research IQ is far higher than this author demonstrated in this exercise. If anyone on my staff (even an intern) turned in a project with this lack of real-world analysis, they would be in for some serious instruction from The Dean.

Do you work for an NFL franchise, ESPN, SI, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, etc. that makes your opinnion more credible than a professional journalist at Forbes? I am willing to bet that whoever wrote this article has done a far more in depth analysis of who the better coaches are...case in point is that its based on fact, not arm chair quarterback opinnion...

While I currently am self-employed, and stuck in Northern Florida due to health issues of my brother and father, I have done analysis for the NFL and MLB, as well as for a court case involving the NHL, in my career. If it matters, a couple of years ago I was approached by the New York Time to head Research for all of their properties (Newpaper, TV and Internet), but had to decline because of the family situation.

But, any idiot should be able to see that there is no "there" in this article. It is devoid of content. The guy who wrote it might be a genius and know more about football than Bill Belicheat. But, he demonstrates no knowledge of football, and less of proper research analysis, in this article.

Guest dog14787
Which is why it is a relatively worthless article (which, BTW, I read).

I can't compare my football IQ to the author's as the author of that article revealed no football sense, whatsoever. This could have been written by a low-level research analyst. But, I will say, drawing conclusions from this sort of numbers based analysis alone, is a horrendous practice. I'm fairly certain my research IQ is far higher than this author demonstrated in this exercise. If anyone on my staff (even an intern) turned in a project with this lack of real-world analysis, they would be in for some serious instruction from The Dean.

While I currently am self-employed, and stuck in Northern Florida due to health issues of my brother and father, I have done analysis for the NFL and MLB, as well as for a court case involving the NHL, in my career. If it matters, a couple of years ago I was approached by the New York Time to head Research for all of their properties (Newpaper, TV and Internet), but had to decline because of the family situation.

But, any idiot should be able to see that there is no "there" in this article. It is devoid of content. The guy who wrote it might be a genius and know more about football than Bill Belicheat. But, he demonstrates no knowledge of football, and less of proper research analysis, in this article.

O.K., the Dean wasn't joking. <_<

Guest dog14787

It is possilbe that Ralh Wilson is making a bid for <_< Bill Cowher at this very moment,

if he begs well enough and is willing to fork over truck loads of $$$$$$, it just might happen :blink:

It would be fun to have Jim Mora around just because he's awesome to talk to when a team loses. Other than that he's been out of the league for awhile, but iirc, he DID take two abysmal teams and turn them around into playoff bound teams, so that's something.

"PLAYOFFs? Don't talk to me about playoffs Are you kidding me? I just hope we win a game"

If nothing else, we'd get some intersting quotes

"Chucky" might be on the outs in Tampa this year too, if they don't make the playoffs. Gruden is a good offensive guy and I think he could do wonders with TrINT ala Rich Gannon. Defense would still be something that's up in the air.