riddle me this Batman...how many times this year

Beerball

I don't remember any, but there has to be one or two doesn't there.

If the plan is to get him around 25 carries every game you must do it from time to time, right. Otherwise what good is a plan? :huh:

I mean, taking receptions and Freddie Jackson into consideration, I'm thinking 22 is a good number for him to hit every single game. But obviously you have a back like that to pound in November/December so now is where he should really become the work horse, rather than calling his number one time in the final quarter in the run game...

25 carries a game isn't a good idea for any RB. Look at what happened to Larry Johnson after his 400 carry season. That said, ML hasn't touched the ball nearly enough.

Doesn't matter, Dick clearly stated mid 20's was his goal for Lynch each game. He can't even stick to his own goals, I mean he's not even close I don't think.

With 17 or more carries the Bills are 6-1.

With less than 17 carries the Bills are 0-5.

That's what makes the SF game so absolutely frustrating. Lynch was tearing it up, and somehow he's not getting carries down near the goal line?

16 plays in the red zone, Lynch ran the ball 3 times. Each time was on first down. One time per red zone trip.

I do not get it. The Bills best player for the day, and they stop giving him the ball.

That's what makes the SF game so absolutely frustrating. Lynch was tearing it up, and somehow he's not getting carries down near the goal line?

16 plays in the red zone, Lynch ran the ball 3 times. Each time was on first down. One time per red zone trip.

I do not get it. The Bills best player for the day, and they stop giving him the ball.

Me either. Earlier in the game they had 1st and goal at the 7 or 8 yard line. Ran on 1st down to the 2. At that point, on a cold and wet day, how do you not run on the next couple of downs? Bills passed twice before the botched 20 yard field goal. I was furious. Dick, for all his conservatism, takes risk at all the wrong times. Should have taken the "3" when JP missed on 4th and 2 later. That would have brough the bills to within 4 meaning a touchdown could later win the game rather than just tie it. Dick to me, is like a bad blackjack player who plays it by the book but when he has "iffy" cards, makes the wrong choice more often than not. There is something to be said for people who have a "knack" for something. When it comes to offense, Dick has no knack. When you look overall at his use of timeouts, challenges, going for it or not on 4th down, calling run or pass in goal to go situations, he just doesn't succeed that often.

We dont even attempt a power running game. Has anyone ever seen us bring in an extra lineman and a fullback on third and one? We dont even have goal line plays in our playbook. We effing zone block on third and s hort. Nobody does that. A high school coach could fix this.

There is a whole world of running plays that we are unaware of. There are trap plays, counters, dives, guard pulls, tosses, shovel passes, screens, wing t plays, wildcat options, flexible formations using h backs and tight ends, and different types of blocks that have proven to be successful at all levels, and we dont even attempt them. We are the easiest team to scout in the NFL.

Maybe we should be looking to hire some of the staff from orchard park high school. The truth is that those boys play with fundamentals that are as good as the bills, and the bills are better than most.

That's the plan every game. So we're sitting at 6-6 and if my math is correct that means 12 games. How many games has Lynch gotten 25 carries?

that's the plan man

Damn right. Lynch is the best player on offense and needs to carry it AT LEAST 20 times a game. He is the hardest running back in football. Just give him the damn ball. He should be the focal point of our offense. The offense should be built around and run through him.