Someone stole my Bills flag

KRT88

For the entire season my wife and I have left our Bills flag proudly hanging from the front of our house. On Saturday night, some idiot came onto my porch and stole it! I live in Fayetteville, NC, so there aren't a whole lot of Bills supporters or haters. Since this is a military town, you can finds of every team, college and pro. In our neighborhood you see Redskin, Steeler and Panther flags hung out and the only people who have ever said anything are other WNYers.

I am so pissed! :thumbdown:

no real point here I'm just venting but come on, why steal someone's flag?

I feel your pain. When we went to see the Bills vs. the Saints in San Antonio a few years back, we had the hotel decorated in Bills stuff, signs and flags including a brand new $200 banner that Lori (from TBD) had just bought. Someone went through the hotel on Saturday night and took them all.

Than to make it worse....we lost the game...

:thumbdown:

I feel your pain. When we went to see the Bills vs. the Saints in San Antonio a few years back, we had the hotel decorated in Bills stuff, signs and flags including a brand new $200 banner that Lori (from TBD) had just bought. Someone went through the hotel on Saturday night and took them all.

Than to make it worse....we lost the game...

:thumbdown:

I was at that game :wallbash: I did not take the flag though.

There's a house a couple streets behind ours that had an older Bills flag hanging on their front door, but the last couple times I drove past, I didn't see it there. I dunno if it was stolen, if the family moved, or something else happened.

They probably brought it in right after we lost three straight divisional games.

For the entire season my wife and I have left our Bills flag proudly hanging from the front of our house. On Saturday night, some idiot came onto my porch and stole it! I live in Fayetteville, NC, so there aren't a whole lot of Bills supporters or haters. Since this is a military town, you can finds of every team, college and pro. In our neighborhood you see Redskin, Steeler and Panther flags hung out and the only people who have ever said anything are other WNYers.

I am so pissed! :D

What's the point of this post?

What's the point of this post?

Look at that, if you had just read the entire post you would have seen that your question was answered.

a couple of years ago we had our granny goose taken off our front porch. it was a heavy ceramic kind that you dressed for the seasons. last seen was wearing a summer bikini outfit...

Here are some good ideas for theft-proofing garden gnomes. I'm sure it would also work for granny goose too!

Step 1

Make your garden gnome hard to steal. The bigger the gnome, the harder it is to carry off of your property and flee the scene. Choose a garden gnome that's large in girth and that weighs as much as possible. If you're really dedicated, have the inside of your gnome hollowed out and replaced with a heavy metal such as lead. This will make it almost impossible for thieves to flee with your woodland creature.

Step 2

Protect the perimeter. Electric fencing is a great way to prevent the theft of your garden gnome. Plants like nettles and cactus can provide a natural theft-deterrent system. Most small-time crooks would abandon the mission with a face full of cactus needles.

Step 3

Give your gnome a means to protect itself. Obviously, it can't pack a gun, but you can still give it a means to defend itself. Some electric fencing wrapped around the trunk of the garden gnome will give thieves a nice little surprise when they try to gnome-nap it. You can also rig a sling shot to go off if a trip wire is triggered.

Step 4

Get a dog. Dogs are great for protecting your garden gnome and alerting you of possible trouble brewing on the horizon. Pit bulls are scary, and one that's chomping at the bit to take a bite out of someone's rear end is bound to make a thief think twice about lifting lawn ornaments. Consider tying chew toys or bones around your garden gnome's neck, to make the dog extra territorial.

Tips & Warnings

* Garden gnome theft is a serious crime, and it's up to owners like you to protect these defenseless woodland creatures from a life of wooden shoe making at the hands of tyrants.

I tried to find a story about this on the net but I couldn't. A few years ago I saw a story about a woman who had a garden gnome stolen and so she got another one and that was stolen. She kept putting them out and they kept getting stolen so she set up a video camera to catch the thief and it turned out to be a dog. When she told the owner they went to his dog house and found all the gnomes. :censored:

Look at that, if you had just read the entire post you would have seen that your question was answered.

That's a HUGE assumption, as you are talking about "The King". I think that kind of brain power is beyond his capability.

I am so pissed! :censored:

Alright, I confess...buckeyemike took it.