Kelsay should not be on the roster next year and I saw Ellis!

LabattBlue

Considering his salary, Kelsay should be off the team next year. Not benched...OFF THE TEAM! Don't tell me about the two times he actually made a tackle yesterday. He is a joke of a player. Wasn't it Kelsay who was chasing after Thigpen while Johnson was running in a lane where Kelsay should have been, on his way to a 60+ yard gain? When he isn't taking himself out of position, he is getting locked up in a big way by whatever tackle he faces, good or bad. On the rare occasion, that Kelsay does get a shot at the QB, even QB's with little mobility can find a way to make him miss. Denney I can live with since the Bills aren't paying him a ton of money, but Kelsay is a joke and so are the Bills for giving him the contract he has.

Just one quick note on Ellis and why he may not be playing. There was a play yesterday(it may have been one of McKelvin's interceptions), where the RT knocked Ellis to the ground with what amounted to a straight arm to the shoulder. I mean send him flying backward right on his ass. Hopefully Ellis hits the weight room in the offseason and improves on his techniques.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellis just looks really small for a DE. His frame reminds me more of a tight end. I completely agree on Kelsay. He always had more luck when Schobel was drawing double teams but now that he actually has to beat right tackles and tight ends all by himself, he is just lost out there. The man's style of play is allowing himself to get pushed 10 yards into the backfield, before trying to recover but never ever reaching the QB. I've seen him get completely taken out of plays by running backs.

Ellis is weak. He only boasted a 350 lb. bench at Va Tech which is pretty poor for a 260 pound DE. By the time he gets strong enough, he'll be set to become a free agent. DE needs to be 1a or 1b priority along with center this offseason, followed closely by LB.

Considering his salary, Kelsay should be off the team next year. Not benched...OFF THE TEAM! Don't tell me about the two times he actually made a tackle yesterday. He is a joke of a player. Wasn't it Kelsay who was chasing after Thigpen while Johnson was running in a lane where Kelsay should have been, on his way to a 60+ yard gain? When he isn't taking himself out of position, he is getting locked up in a big way by whatever tackle he faces, good or bad. On the rare occasion, that Kelsay does get a shot at the QB, even QB's with little mobility can find a way to make him miss. Denney I can live with since the Bills aren't paying him a ton of money, but Kelsay is a joke and so are the Bills for giving him the contract he has.

Just one quick note on Ellis and why he may not be playing. There was a play yesterday(it may have been one of McKelvin's interceptions), where the RT knocked Ellis to the ground with what amounted to a straight arm to the shoulder. I mean send him flying backward right on his ass. Hopefully Ellis hits the weight room in the offseason and improves on his techniques.

if your comparing Ellis to kelsey @ this time your insane. in regards to ellis talk to me in 2 years if he makes it at all. coming out in the draft all the talk was about his heart and passion about the game so quit going there with this guy like he is going to be some great player.

I'd rather have a player of lesser talent but with extreme passion and heart then a super talented guy who does not care anyone remember mike williams?

by the way the bills will not be cutting kelsey,they may cut denny if they find a young talented DE either in the draft or free agency.

people can complain about it all they want, but kelsay will be a bill in '09........he's a good locker room guy who brings it all on sunday........is he the most talented player? nope, but he does his job and works hard..........yes, he was a big part of the long LJ run yesterday, but that is one play and he was far from the only one out of position - why aren't you pointing the finger at them?.........and i don't see how any evaluation of his game yesterday ignores the two tackles he made FOR LOSS

people can complain about it all they want, but kelsay will be a bill in '09........he's a good locker room guy who brings it all on sunday........is he the most talented player? nope, but he does his job and works hard..........yes, he was a big part of the long LJ run yesterday, but that is one play and he was far from the only one out of position - why aren't you pointing the finger at them?.........and i don't see how any evaluation of his game yesterday ignores the two tackles he made FOR LOSS

So he is a good locker room guy, who brings it all, does his job and works hard...and how does this equate to being a starting DE in the NFL? :o

PS The two plays he made were the exception not the rule for Kelsay and do these two plays make up for the fact that he is bringing NOTHING to the pass rush at a time when the Bills could really use some help in that regard(and no he is not being double teamed, so don't even bring that excuse to the table ;) ).

I'll go out on a limb and say that if Kelsay is still starting on this team next year, it'll be the same deal as this year...8 or 9 wins, and we'll miss a playoff berth in some ridiculously heartbreaking way. Without a rush, our defense just won't be good enough for this team to get to the next level.

DE should be priority numero uno this offseason, followed closely by center. Nothing is more important than finding a way to get a pass rush without blitzing. If we can do that, the Cover 2 will work wonders with the secondary we've assembled.

So he is a good locker room guy, who brings it all, does his job and works hard...and how does this equate to being a starting DE in the NFL? :o

PS The two plays he made were the exception not the rule for Kelsay and do these two plays make up for the fact that he is bringing NOTHING to the pass rush at a time when the Bills could really use some help in that regard(and no he is not being double teamed, so don't even bring that excuse to the table ;) ).

because the bills think those qualities are important and, at the end of the day, there opinion means a lot more then you

so whether you like it or not isn't really the question here - it's what the bills like, and they have proven they like kelsay.......no question in my mind he'll be back in '09

Remaining contract lengths for our overrated Donahoe DE's:

Schobel: 5 years left after this season

Kelsay: 2 years left after this season

Denney: 1 year left after this season

I don't think any of these three will ever get traded or cut, but I'm pretty sure all of them have signed their last contracts with the Bills organization.

Thanks for clearing that up Captain Obvious! All this time posting here, I thought my opinion really mattered to the powers that be at OBD. ;)

well you asked why those qualities matter and i told ya :o

so if you want to keep throwing out the meaningless softballs i'll keep knocking them around, but you're kinda wasting your time........doesn't matter how much you or anyone else complains about kelsay, he's going to be a bill in '09

I think Denney should be cut loose. Trade Schobel in a package deal in order to move up high in the 1st round to draft an impact DE.

Are there any good DE's coming up in free agency in the offseason?

Why trade Schobel ? He performs well but he is the only good DE on our team. We absolutely need a top-flight DE to complement him which will make AS much better.

If it was the RT for KC, MacIntosh, then that's even worse for Ellis. If anyone remembers MacIntosh, he's the fat journeyman who KC has had to go with this season. He's horrible, and if Ellis can't play well against him that's bad.

Ellis may not be ready, and even Kelsay is better. He needs a lot of work in the offseason.