What were the expecatations really for this year?

TheBlackMamba

Guys, i am just as devastated by the latest meltdown as all of you, but its not the end of the world. Yes, trent has had 4 absolutely god awful games but he's only a second year qb. we have all seen what he can do and we have all seen how bad he is. the truth is this team at 5-1 was an abberation. they were not as good as their record. there are way to many holes on this team and some whole that we though were filled are not (i.e. left guard, #2 receiver, middle and outside linebacker and free safety). The truth of the matter is we were all caught up on the 5-1 start because we havent seen that from a bills team in 10-15 years. Even if they were to reach the playoffs this year, how far would they go? This team is still atleast another year away possibly 2-3. Its not the end of the word people

Guys, i am just as devastated by the latest meltdown as all of you, but its not the end of the world. Yes, trent has had 4 absolutely god awful games but he's only a second year qb. we have all seen what he can do and we have all seen how bad he is. the truth is this team at 5-1 was an abberation. they were not as good as their record. there are way to many holes on this team and some whole that we though were filled are not (i.e. left guard, #2 receiver, middle and outside linebacker and free safety). The truth of the matter is we were all caught up on the 5-1 start because we havent seen that from a bills team in 10-15 years. Even if they were to reach the playoffs this year, how far would they go? This team is still atleast another year away possibly 2-3. Its not the end of the word people

True. My biggest concern is that the Dolphins and Jets have made huge strides, whereas Buffalo hasn't. Heading into the season, I suspected 8-8 or 9-7, believing that we would be swept by New England again but go 3-1 against the Jets and Dolphins. When we got off to the fast start and Brady went down for the Pats, I honestly thought we could be headed for 11-5. Still, based on my original forecast, we are right about where I suspected we would be.

Tell that to the 56,000+ season ticket holders. I think they expected a good team, and the marketing folks clearly played that angle well.

Beginning of Season: Playoffs (Didn't Whittner or somebody "guarantee" it?)

1-0:hHmm....maybe

2-0: HMmmm....possibly

3-0: HMMMM....damn!!!

4-0: AFC EAST Baybee!!!

4-1: Arizona is playing pretty good ball but AFC East is still looking good

5-1: AFC EAST and HOME FIELD!!!

5.2: Crap...the Dolphins...still looking ok for AFC East

5-3: OK, the Jets are playing better, but this isn't looking good all of a sudden

5-4: Oh no....not NE again....this is really starting to look bad.

5-5: Cleveland? On MNF? At HOME? At the Bottom of the AFC East? WTH happened?

With our Schedule, I was thinking playoffs hands down. The Brady went out and I thought we could win the Division. Now I think we can draft just outsdie the top 10, the szme place we have been uder Jauron every year. We need a new coach more than Sarah jessica Parker needs a new face.

Beginning of Season: Playoffs (Didn't Whittner or somebody "guarantee" it?)

1-0:hHmm....maybe

2-0: HMmmm....possibly

3-0: HMMMM....damn!!!

4-0: AFC EAST Baybee!!!

4-1: Arizona is playing pretty good ball but AFC East is still looking good

5-1: AFC EAST and HOME FIELD!!!

5.2: Crap...the Dolphins...still looking ok for AFC East

5-3: OK, the Jets are playing better, but this isn't looking good all of a sudden

5-4: Oh no....not NE again....this is really starting to look bad.

5-5: Cleveland? On MNF? At HOME? At the Bottom of the AFC East? WTH happened?

this is right on the money.......

Playoffs. Teflon Dick mentioned it during the offseason, and Whitner guaranteed it.

I was expecting wild card. When Brady went down, the division was up for grabs. If this team had enough talent to make the playoffs as a wild card, there is every reason to believe it had enough talent to take the division minus Brady.

Coming to the conclusion that this team is another 2-3 years away from competing for a playoff spot, to me that is unacceptable.

Eric Mangini took over the Jets the same time Jauron took over the Bills. The Jets have already made the playoff once. Right now, the Jets are in the drivers seat for the division title. If the Jets make the playoffs this year, that will be twice in three years. Many people on here consider Mangini to be a halfwit. If he's a halfwit, what the hell does that make Jauron?

Year End Predicitions:

Bills: 11-5

Dow Jones Industrial Average: 50,000 oops I mean 5,000

No offense...But I really can't stand this kind of loser mentality hidden behind the cloak of what is supposed "reality."

The Bills were 5-1 and had played their way into a great situation...They have lost 4 consecutive Game they had a darn good chance of winning...In fact I think it can be argued that the Bills did a hell of a lot more to lose these 4 Games than their Opponents did to win them...

Keep making excuses for The Bills and how there is always next Year and blah, blah, blah...And You'll keep settling for mediocrity year, after year, after year...Instead of making excuses look at what Our HC, Dead Dick, said before the Season...He said pretty plainly that there would be no more excuses and it was time to Win now...

Well?... :thumbsup:

No offense...But I really can't stand this kind of loser mentality hidden behind the cloak of what is supposed "reality."

The Bills were 5-1 and had played their way into a great situation...They have lost 4 consecutive Game they had a darn good chance of winning...In fact I think it can be argued that the Bills did a hell of a lot more to lose these 4 Games than their Opponents did to win them...

Keep making excuses for The Bills and how there is always next Year and blah, blah, blah...And You'll keep settling for mediocrity year, after year, after year...Instead of making excuses look at what Our HC, Dead Dick, said before the Season...He said pretty plainly that there would be no more excuses and it was time to Win now...

Well?... :thumbsup:

well said ... the string of mediocrity and even worse has to be broken. I understand TE is a young QB but was this not equally as obvious to the coaching staff. Run game had to be stronger. TE can't carry this team at this stage of his career and mayber never. It would have helped if a senior 2nd or 3rd string QB could have been brought in to help mentor TE. I am not in favor of the yank him out put him back in debacle we went through with Losman but too much rests on TE shoulders. As he has failed so has the team.

Tell that to the 56,000+ season ticket holders. I think they expected a good team, and the marketing folks clearly played that angle well.

Damn those marketing people! Did you want them to come out with a "Bills suck 08-09" campaign? They sure are tricky little devils, showing you commercials where the Bills did good things.

I thought the Bills would be contending for a wild card spot behind New England, that they would establish a strong running game that would allow Edwards to progress without alot of pressure like Rothlensberger did as a rookie in Pittsburgh, and the defense would be putting continuous pressure on opposing QBs.