After Bills game

mead107

Sean and I were from the same neighborhood in Churchville, I'd known him since elementary school. As we got older we didnt see much of each other, but his parents and mine continued to socialize and up until recently would take turns hosting Bills parties. Sean went out a hero and the world now has one less Bills fan, R.I.P.

Sean and I were from the same neighborhood in Churchville, I'd known him since elementary school. As we got older we didnt see much of each other, but his parents and mine continued to socialize and up until recently would take turns hosting Bills parties. Sean went out a hero and the world now has one less Bills fan, R.I.P.

Wow sorry to hear that you knew him personally... I know it's a cliche, but thoughts and prayers are with his family.

This is truly a sad story about a hero. I can't imagine any parent not doing the exact same thing.

Mythbusters did a story on those and found that they really work.

Even if you are not the one in danger... They are handy to have... What happens if you come upon a slowly sinking vehicle? Side and rear windows will "pop" with a simple center punch... But who carries that. The knife on the other end of the LifeHammer will easily cut people out of the seat belts/child seats.

This is so tragic! The thing is NOT to panic... There is a little time to get all your passengers in position before you have to let water enter the cabin... The Engine will sink first... So get to the back and make your exit from there... Then again the cold thing is the killer many times...

I wonder why he put the 3 year old on his back? I would have slung him under my arm more like a survival swim... Chest to back... Back to the cold... It is the "torso reflex" that gets people... Sure in this situation, one wants to panic like a crazed person... But that will be a death sentence... Believe it or not, there is time in this situation and to calmly (as best as you can) let the water rush in and get sorta acclimatized to the cold.

I bet he paniced?... He reflexed and his insides "froze-up"... Easier said than done!

Sad... So sad! RIP... :death::blink::)