When it's obvious Trent is struggling during the game..

K-No

Disclaimer - I like JP and still hold out hope that he can be an effective QB. When the switch to Trent was made, the thing I wanted most was that the coaches stick with TE through thick and thin, so he doesn't have to look over his shoulder, wondering when he's going to get pulled. But when I saw Trent look genuinely scared in the MNF game, I was disgusted and wanted them to get Trent out of the game to figure out WTF was going on in his head and get him back where he needed to be.

If we see that scared look again, DJ needs to get him out of the game ASAP and help him get his head screwed back on straight before sending him back out there.

Sal Maiorana and Leo Roth of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle sum it up well....

Sal: Please, perish the thought. J.P. Losman is a ghost on this team, barely even worth mentioning. He's counting the days until the end of the season when he can file for free agency and get out of here, and you know he will find a suitor because quarterback play in this league is largely pretty bad. But he can't play for the Bills. This is Edwards' mess, and he has to work through the adversity in order to become the player so many people think he can become.

Leo: I agree. Let Edwards work his way out of this horrific slump. Even if Losman sparked a win or two, what's the point? That may help elevate his value as a free agent, but it's not going to help the Bills' long-term objectives.

trent never looked scared, he made mistakes.........the end

NEVER PUT JP EVER IN ............I'd rather have Hamden or Lynch passing

No way. Trent looked scared for most of the game. Didn't try to throw downfield, looked skittish in the pocket and had happy feet.

If the the guys are open down field and trent is having lots of time to get rid of the ball and he just cann't bring himself to throw deep , I say let JP go in and bombs away . I love trent and I like JP but some one has got to get the !@#$ing ball to the open man down field .

trent never looked scared, he made mistakes.........the end

NEVER PUT JP EVER IN ............I'd rather have Hamden or Lynch passing

I don't get you. When Edwards finishes his first season with stats and wins less achieving than JP's in his first full season (under conditions without lynch, jackson, and reed being a real option, and an offensive coordinator mind you), will you still be this naive? What does it take for people to realize that JP Losman was not much worse than Edwards?

I want Edwards to ride this through because he still has a future. I don't think less of Losman, I just don't think we should do to Trent what we did to him. The problem is that I liked Trent for what he did better than Losman (initially). If he keeps this up, Trent wont have anything over Losman, which makes posts like yours very sad.

"Does the thought of putting JP in ever cross DJ's mind?"

Do you SEE DJ on the sideline? Doesn't look like he has ANY thoughts going on

On Monday I belive so. Twice I saw his lips open (they are usually closed) and I did see him argue with an official and it almost looked like he was upset. However, he did quickly return to a look of complete composure and utter indifference.

I don't get you. When Edwards finishes his first season with stats and wins less achieving than JP's in his first full season (under conditions without lynch, jackson, and reed being a real option, and an offensive coordinator mind you), will you still be this naive? What does it take for people to realize that JP Losman was not much worse than Edwards?

I want Edwards to ride this through because he still has a future. I don't think less of Losman, I just don't think we should do to Trent what we did to him. The problem is that I liked Trent for what he did better than Losman (initially). If he keeps this up, Trent wont have anything over Losman, which makes posts like yours very sad.

Well put sir

If the the guys are open down field and trent is having lots of time to get rid of the ball and he just cann't bring himself to throw deep , I say let JP go in and bombs away . I love trent and I like JP but some one has got to get the !@#$ing ball to the open man down field .

Exactly.... :ph34r:

Jauron on the question of a QB change

By Chris Brown - Posted November 19th, 2008

Head coach Dick Jauron was asked if Trent Edwards comes out against Kansas City and struggles early would he consider making a change at quarterback. Here was Jauron’s response.

“Obviously over the years I’ve answered that question with other people involved. I’ve always answered it the same way because I do believe it’s the truth. I know I can’t say what I would or wouldn’t do in any situation. It would depend on the situations. Do I intend to do it? Absolutely not. Do I have confidence in this young man? Absolutely. But neither you nor I can foresee every circumstance in a game.”

So while it appears Jauron has no intention of making any changes, he never wants to say never. Personally I think this is an opportunity for Trent’s play to get healthy against a team that is not good at stopping anybody defensively.

Of course the Chiefs are very good at taking the ball away, which is a concern of mine. But I think the Bills pound the run with Lynch and have Trent complement it with a relatively conservative passing game and play action.

That clear things up for you?

I just gotta think it's worth a try when TE is having that bad a game..... :ph34r:

NO.

JP isn't going to win any games and putting him in isn't going to help Edwards get back his confidence. JP will stand in the pocket and wait for receivers to get open 20+ yards downfield (they aren't) and either get sacked or run for his life. God forbid he would ever learn to throw the ball away. There isn't any upside to that at all.

And you just hit one of the problems on the head right there. For the most part, the receivers are NOT getting open downfield.

Of course the Chiefs are very good at taking the ball away, which is a concern of mine. But I think the Bills pound the run with Lynch and have Trent complement it with a relatively conservative passing game and play action.

Conservative? The Bills, Conservative?.....Looks like we get another boring game Sunday.....the pain continues.

I just gotta think it's worth a try when TE is having that bad a game..... :rolleyes:

Since Trent was clearly peeing his pants on Monday night, I think it's in the best interest of everyone involved...Trent, Dick, the Bills players who aren't scared, that he gets benched if he shows those tendencies early on in the KC game. If JP comes in and they lose anyways then the season is officially over and Trent can resume his starting position against the 49ers. It wasn't any fun watching our QB of 19 starts having a meltdown in front of a national audience while the opposing QB in only his second start and playing with a broken finger beat our team on the road.