Starters who need to be replaced

bananathumb

1) Kelsay - this decision is not only performance based, but also cap related.

2) Puke Preston/Melvin Flower - the weakest spot on the OL and also a big reason why our running game fails to consistently produce.

3) Robert Royal - please get a TE that can be a legitimate threat! I grow tired of Royal's boneheaded mistakes at crucial times.

4) Keith Ellison - liability in the running game as well as the pass rush. A much needed upgrade could be used here, but fortifying the DL is IMO of greater importance. Players like Ellison could be made better with better pieces in front of him.

5) Ko Simpson - sorry, I liked this guy coming out, but it's painfully obvious that we need a ball hawking safety. Whitner rarely gets a finger on the ball and Simpson is always late to react.

There you have it Bills fans, the top needs in order. Shore up these positions with some studs and we WILL be talking playoffs in 2009!

Well, it's time to talk about next season already... sadly, when we figured playoffs for sure this year.

After watching recent play, which starters need to be upgraded through the draft or free agency?

I would put Kelsay at the top, with a C second, an OLB third.

Ellison - not a starting LB good for special teams

Kelsey - not unless we change the overall scheme

Other DT - maybe shoring up a better DE might make KW ok for the job

Center - sorry Preston/Fowler is not the answer

FB - why do we have one wasting a roster spot doesnt seem to be that much of a factor

LG - Dockery is a bit disappointing but could be maybe its the combo of him and peters and a full preseason of training may get Peters back to form.

FB - why do we have one wasting a roster spot doesnt seem to be that much of a factor

We do like to use the fullback occasionally. There is this one specific deceptive play that we run sometimes on short yardage (when we don't employ the empty backfield). Anyway on this particular play the FB and RB are lined up in I formation directly behind the QB. Now the deceptive part...we take a TE and motion him left or right and he stops and kind of runs in place (more of a shuffle really) behind either the left or right guard and tackle. Here's were the deception really kicks in...at the snap the QB pivots and the FB fires out to the side of the line that contains the shuffling TE. The QB hands the ball off to the RB and he then follows the FB who's hanging out with the TE. The defense tends to congregate in that same space so everyone gets together and moshes around until the RB is dropped for a loss.

Watch for this play on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

Center and DE. By far our most screaming needs. Do yourself a favor and don't look at how much we're paying Kelsay.

After that, we desperately need a pass catching tight end or a solid #2 WR. Johnson, Fine, or Hardy could develop, however.

Then down the list, lead-blocking FB, LB, and a ton of depth on the offensive line.

1) Kelsay - this decision is not only performance based, but also cap related.

2) Puke Preston/Melvin Flower - the weakest spot on the OL and also a big reason why our running game fails to consistently produce.

3) Robert Royal - please get a TE that can be a legitimate threat! I grow tired of Royal's boneheaded mistakes at crucial times.

4) Keith Ellison - liability in the running game as well as the pass rush. A much needed upgrade could be used here, but fortifying the DL is IMO of greater importance. Players like Ellison could be made better with better pieces in front of him.

5) Ko Simpson - sorry, I liked this guy coming out, but it's painfully obvious that we need a ball hawking safety. Whitner rarely gets a finger on the ball and Simpson is always late to react.

There you have it Bills fans, the top needs in order. Shore up these positions with some studs and we WILL be talking playoffs in 2009!

1- Keith ellison is only a starter By default do we forget that we lost Crowell to IR. He will have a starter in front of him but he still is good depth

2. I agree with C i have been saying center for 9 years now

3. I agree with royal we need a TE that is a reliable catching option

4. We need a Solid FB

5. Disagree with me all you want WE NEED A #1 receiever Lee evans is nothing more than a number 2 deep threat receiver. (which does us no good on a dink and dunk team)

6. A Shutdown CB everyones relaceable

7. Schoebel and Kelsay Bring in two Pass rushing DE and save us 8 mil a year AND PRODUCES SACKS/ OR AT LEAST PRESSURE FOR MISTAKES

8. JAson Peters need an upgrade a LT

To sum up

LT, LG, C, RT

TE

FB

CB

OLB

WR

DE,DE

11 upgrades and I think we will be contenders

The only DE I would keep is Chris Ellis, only because he is a rookie and has potential to grow. I would cut Schobel, Kelsay & Denney. Kelsay & Denney are 3rd stringers on other teams. Schobel is way overpaid and when he was healthy this year, he barely did anything (1 sack).

The only DE I would keep is Chris Ellis, only because he is a rookie and has potential to grow. I would cut Schobel, Kelsay & Denney. Kelsay & Denney are 3rd stringers on other teams. Schobel is way overpaid and when he was healthy this year, he barely did anything (1 sack).

Lets hope he grows. Watching that guy play he always gets pushed around, watching him warm up with the other DL's, it looks like the Bills pulled some guy out of the stands to play ball. I think he's a very small DE. I dont think he will be any better then backup and thats being to honest.

Lets hope he grows. Watching that guy play he always gets pushed around, watching him warm up with the other DL's, it looks like the Bills pulled some guy out of the stands to play ball. I think he's a very small DE. I dont think he will be any better then backup and thats being to honest.

So far, I have to agree. We can only hope he bulks up and gets better, otherwise he will need to go as well. I'd give him 1 more year, if he doesn't get any better, cut him.

So far, I have to agree. We can only hope he bulks up and gets better, otherwise he will need to go as well. I'd give him 1 more year, if he doesn't get any better, cut him.

OK JJ, I've tried to be nice about this, but enough is enough! It's time for you to change your avatar!

I'm hoping for a shot that shows her standing up. B-)

I think Kelsay is a decent No. 2 DE who makes more big plays than anyone else on that line (except for Stroud on Monday). It's our No. 1 DE who is the issue.

TE is the biggest hole, especially with a young QB who right now appears afraid to throw the ball longer than 10 yards. It seems we're the only team in the league who never throws any kind of short crossing route.

Center also must be addressed. I also can't help but think how much we miss Mouse McNally right now.

And a big, physical, nasty CB or S would be nice.

Remember, Crowell comes back next year and our LB crew is immediately upgraded.

Needs:

1a. Left DE

1b. Center

2. Tight End

Wants:

1. Right Guard

2. Defensive Tackle

3. Will LB

4. Safety

5. Fullback

I agree with everything on this list besides right guard. Brad Butler has been REALLY good when he's been on the field this season IMO. Take last game for example, we couldn't run the ball worth a lick in the few weeks prior when he was out, and didn't give Trent all that much time either. He comes back Monday night, and we rush for close to 200 yards and Edwards isn't sacked once all night long. Coencidence? I think not.

OK JJ, I've tried to be nice about this, but enough is enough! It's time for you to change your avatar!

I'm hoping for a shot that shows her standing up. B-)

Okay, I know it's a great shot of her beautiful butt. I'll look for another good pic of Leryn or any other girl.