Is the rest of the AFC East really that much better?...

....As of right now, emphatically, YES! Look at each team. The Patriots have a genius coach, a smart QB who manages the game well, and depth. The Jets we're 4-12 a year ago and were smart enough to go out and get a future hall of fame QB to pull them out of it. Good recievers, smart defense, smart coach. The Dolphins were smart enough to bring in Bill Parcells as their President of Football Operations, get an experienced QB who still has something to prove, clean up Ricky Williams as a complement to Ronnie Brown, and be aggressive on D.

Now, look at the Bills: NOT aggresive in free agency. NO depth, OVERPAID-UNDERPERFORMING-OUT OF SHAPE-LAZY offensive line. Passive coach. QB thats losing confidence QUICK. Yes, the Bills are in trouble.

....As of right now, emphatically, YES! Look at each team. The Patriots have a genius coach, a smart QB who manages the game well, and depth. The Jets we're 4-12 a year ago and were smart enough to go out and get a future hall of fame QB to pull them out of it. Good recievers, smart defense, smart coach. The Dolphins were smart enough to bring in Bill Parcells as their President of Football Operations, get an experienced QB who still has something to prove, clean up Ricky Williams as a complement to Ronnie Brown, and be aggressive on D.

Now, look at the Bills: NOT aggresive in free agency. NO depth, OVERPAID-UNDERPERFORMING-OUT OF SHAPE-LAZY offensive line. Passive coach. QB thats losing confidence QUICK. Yes, the Bills are in trouble.

Right, exactly what was said prior to the Bills opening up 4-0 except for the sections in bold above. Replace that with a talented and stout O-line and a promising young QB showing poise and essentially we are right back where we started. Damn.

I think we have been over-analyzing our team. There are some nagging injuries and others that aren't really ready to play. Our depth is what's killing us, our health is failing us again.

With all due respect...I completely disagree...The Pats Game is the most We have been banged up all Year and we still had 70% of Our Starters from Week #1...We still have Our Starting QB, #1 WR, both OT's, both RB's, both DT's, etc...Other Teams are WAY worse off...The Bills Depth may not be the best in The NFL, but it's FAR from the worst and a lot of these Guys got experience playing last Season...

The Injury thing is a complete cop-out, especially after last years debacle...The Bills have the talent...We are not over-analyzing...We are holding these Coaches and Players accountable...That's all...Injuries had nothing to do with the losses at Miami or against NY...Dumb mistakes, poor Coaching, and a general lack of any emotion killed Us in those Games...Both Games were winnable...They were only down by 6 points at Halftime vs. The Jets AT HOME, and they were up by 3 at Miami at the end of the 3rd Quarter...If they had executed properly in the 2nd Half of those Games and eliminated the dumb mistakes they would be 7-2 right now...

I was one of the Folks on this Board defending The Coaches last Year because of the injuries...But this Year...NO WAY!!! They have the talent to get it done...If Miami can get to 5-4 with that Roster the Bills have NO excuses...To be honest though, the way they are playing, maybe THEY think the injuries are an excuse... :devil:

Agreed for the most part. But....things change. Favre or Casssell goes down and so do the Jets and Pats. The Bills OL is a bunch of lard buckets. About the only good thing is that they did a better job of pass protecting VS NE. Buffalo's defense is banged up and the offense is out of sync. The defense will get healthy and the offense has the ability to get back in sync (whether they do or not is another question).

It all starts, or stops, with the offensive line. If the management & staff can fix that, this team will have the potential to go deep into the playoffs.

Agreed for the most part. But....things change. Favre or Casssell goes down and so do the Jets and Pats.

I'm kind of interested ....... why do you think the Pat*s go down if Cassell goes down ..... I mean really ..... he's their second string QB ...... before he took over the reigns of the Pat*s the last game he started was in High School. It almost looked like at the end of preseason they discovered they had an opening in the backup QB spot on their roster so they filled it with the first person who had QB experiance in their past that walked through the door.

If ever we thought the Pat*s would flounder it should have been when Brady went down. I don't know who their third string QB is ..... hell I don't even know if they HAVE a third string QB ..... but they certianly have as much if not more NFL QBing experiance than Cassell had before he stepped behind center.

With all due respect...I completely disagree...The Pats Game is the most We have been banged up all Year and we still had 70% of Our Starters from Week #1...We still have Our Starting QB, #1 WR, both OT's, both RB's, both DT's, etc...Other Teams are WAY worse off...The Bills Depth may not be the best in The NFL, but it's FAR from the worst and a lot of these Guys got experience playing last Season...

The Injury thing is a complete cop-out, especially after last years debacle...The Bills have the talent...We are not over-analyzing...We are holding these Coaches and Players accountable...That's all...Injuries had nothing to do with the losses at Miami or against NY...Dumb mistakes, poor Coaching, and a general lack of any emotion killed Us in those Games...Both Games were winnable...They were only down by 6 points at Halftime vs. The Jets AT HOME, and they were up by 3 at Miami at the end of the 3rd Quarter...If they had executed properly in the 2nd Half of those Games and eliminated the dumb mistakes they would be 7-2 right now...

I was one of the Folks on this Board defending The Coaches last Year because of the injuries...But this Year...NO WAY!!! They have the talent to get it done...If Miami can get to 5-4 with that Roster the Bills have NO excuses...To be honest though, the way they are playing, maybe THEY think the injuries are an excuse... :devil:

I agree and disagree with much of your post. Agree with the bolded parts. There really is no excuse. Look no further than the Pats*; they lost arguably the best player in the league in week one and barely missed a beat. However, it's entirely possible that the injuries this year are much worse than a single player (or 2) or what we experienced this year.

Schobel, McGee, Whitner, Crowell are arguably the core of the defense. Then on offense we've lost the closest thing to a viable #2 WR that we have and we've played musical Offensive line since week one. I'm not making excuses for the Oline, but one thing you never see a team do is make substitutions on the Oline; and this year we're doing it within games let alone from week to week. Not good.

So, I agree. The Bills have no excuses and need to man up. However the injuries, at least to me, are becoming a serious problem.

Miami has zero injuries. Zero. Anyone who says this is not a BIG advantage doesn't know anything about how teams prepare for games and seasons. 2nd teamers get no reps unless the 1st team guy goes down... Injuries matter a lot in this league. IN the era of free agency the dropoff from 1st string to 2nd string is huge is the vast majority of situations.

Reddogblitz: and look at what has happened to the seahawks, jags, bengals... "what's wrong with the Jags and Seahawks' everyone says.. morons, their best players are not playing and others teams best players are....this is a players league where talent is everything... look at the teams that are losing and count the number of injuries they have... big correlation there... "manning up and getting on with it" is bull sh-- when the guy across from your second stringer is an all pro.

and when your injuries are o-line related (like the jags) your whole team strategy (run the ball and play defense) blows up because you suddenly cannot run the ball (because your crappy backups cannot handle 1st team NFL d-lines) and suddenly your defense is on the field for 40 minutes a game, giving up points every other possession. they you lose and everyone wonders "what's wrong with the Jags". pretty simple answer.

you notice that none of the Patriots injuries are on the d or o lines. this is significant. those guys are no replaceable on short notice. running backs are. very much so. and backup QBs can just hand the ball off until they get up to speed. O lines have no where to go .. they are the first line of attack...

Miami has zero injuries. Zero.

And what is their talent level like?

I know plenty about how teams prepare week to week...Injuries are a part of the game...When they happen to outstanding players like Brady they have a massive effect...As far as The Bills are concerned, only Schobel counts as a very good Player lost...Whitner has missed one Game The Bills were supposed to lose anyway...Reed is a good Player, but he's no super star...Fowler, Butler, and Crowell??? If The Bills can't replace these Guys and get decent Play from their back-ups then they have no business being in the NFL in the 1st Place...

If The Bills plan on making injuries an excuse this Year then...We're done...It's as simple as that... :devil:

you notice that none of the Patriots injuries are on the d or o lines. this is significant. those guys are no replaceable on short notice. running backs are. very much so. and backup QBs can just hand the ball off until they get up to speed. O lines have no where to go .. they are the first line of attack...

The coaching staff has to take into account that injuries happen in the NFL. Last year the Bills were masterful at making something out of nothing when they were torched by the injury bug. This year the same coaching staff lacks creativity - put the team in a position to win by emphasizing strengths - Marshawn Lynch should be pounding the football and we need to be less enthralled with the use the pass to set up the run mentality.

And what is their talent level like?

I know plenty about how teams prepare week to week...Injuries are a part of the game...When they happen to outstanding players like Brady they have a massive effect...As far as The Bills are concerned, only Schobel counts as a very good Player lost...Whitner has missed one Game The Bills were supposed to lose anyway...Reed is a good Player, but he's no super star...Fowler, Butler, and Crowell??? If The Bills can't replace these Guys and get decent Play from their back-ups then they have no business being in the NFL in the 1st Place...

If The Bills plan on making injuries an excuse this Year then...We're done...It's as simple as that... :devil:

I cannot tell you if the Bills plan on using this excuse, but the Jauron apologists have that one within their sights. Throw in "players not executing" excuse and "lousy personnel" excuse, the apologists will cling onto these and keep them ready for the offseason.

If the Bills continue to tank, these excuses will be the reason they did, and not a single one will be Jauron's fault.

If the Bills turn around and make the playoffs, these excuses will be the proof that Jauron is a "great" coach because of all the adversity he had to overcome.

Wait, watch, and see.

No.

It would be different if we had gotten blown out in any of them but in each game it was more of a case of the Bills beating themselves than Miami, NY, or NE beating them. Those games were winnable even though we DID hand them the games.

We get some key guys healthy and keep them that way I like our chances in the upcoming rematches in December.

GO BILLS!!!

No.

It would be different if we had gotten blown out in any of them but in each game it was more of a case of the Bills beating themselves than Miami, NY, or NE beating them. Those games were winnable even though we DID hand them the games.

We get some key guys healthy and keep them that way I like our chances in the upcoming rematches in December.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with you on the Miami and NY games. But this last game, NE beat the Bills soundly. It really was not close, despite how close the score was for a lot of the game.