Jauron apologists

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

WHAT'S TO COMPLAIN ABOUT????? THIS IS DICK JAURON'S TEAM!!! HE CHOSE THEM! HIS TEAM JUST QUIT ON HIM THREE CONSECUTIVE WEEKS AGAINST OUR THREE HATED DIVISIONAL RIVALS!!!!

Seriously, WH-- THE FU--????

Look at what the Dolphins have done in HALF of a season, and you are still backing Jauron? He is and always will be a loser. He may be a nice guy, but the Bills will never have a winning team with him as our head coach.

I'm not backing him as General Manager, I'm backing him as Head Coach. He has done well with the personnel he has. If you want to analyze his personnel decisions in the offseasons, I (probably :wallbash:) won't interfere.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right here. I think DJ is still a very good coach. People get pissed because he isn't a B word like some other coaches, but every coach has their own style and I like his. The players like his style, and halfway through the season they have a winning record. The Bills have steadily improved every year under DJ, and despite the past few weeks I see them posting a better record than last year.

I would call 3 4th quarter comebacks being a good game manager and good at making adjustments. Last year he was excellent at challenges. BTW - who would you suggest he put on Moss all day, BTW? You do realize that whoever you don't put on Welker, you put on Moss.

Anyway, get used to DJ because he's going to be here.

i want to know where his supporters are now. when i first joined this board, my first posts were the following on the archived jauron thread, and a ton of you bashed me for my words:

i am really really concerned that he is the weak link. look at all the games he has cost the bills over the last year / two years. he always challenges the wrong plays, chooses the wrong defensive matchups - those are my main gripes. he is a poor game manager-he may be good up until sunday but fails to consistently make in-game adjustments, proper use of timeouts and challenges. i like the guy from boise st chris peterson

guys i didnt mean to diss the bills-i am a huge bills fan, i just think aside from his trick plays and 'players environment' he seems out of touch and distant - the new england snf game really exposed his inability to assign proper defensive assignments & create mismatches - look at who he had on moss that whole game

More wisdom straight from the guy that wants JP to be the starter again.

WHAT'S TO COMPLAIN ABOUT????? THIS IS DICK JAURON'S TEAM!!! HE CHOSE THEM! HIS TEAM JUST QUIT ON HIM THREE CONSECUTIVE WEEKS AGAINST OUR THREE HATED DIVISIONAL RIVALS!!!!

Seriously, WH-- THE FU--????

Look at what the Dolphins have done in HALF of a season, and you are still backing Jauron? He is and always will be a loser. He may be a nice guy, but the Bills will never have a winning team with him as our head coach.

I think thats pretty safe to say. Are you aware of some of the starting defensive lineups they fielded in some of the wins last year?

You think so? You think that, say, Jeff Fisher would be 5-4 with this team?

Lee Evans getting 2 touches a game? Lynch getting 15 carries?

Three straight crucial losses to divisional opponents would be one. The inability of the team to win important games would be another. How about his inability to win challenges? (or in the case this week, even challenge properly?) One could point to how ill-prepared the team was this week and compare it to past performances and wonder "why is this team never up for big games?"

The evidence against Jauron is pretty damning. Say what you will about overachieving, but maybe from a personnel standpoint, why are our players so injury prone? And where is the depth that teams like Pittsburgh, NE, the NYG, have that when a key injury happens, they aren't crippled from the loss? It all comes back to personnel.

These are very trying times for Bills fans. I for one, hate the timid, conservative style of football the team plays. If we are going to lose, at least lets go out swinging. Not meekly walking off the field with our tail between our legs. Look at KC yesterday or Seattle. They lost, but they could walk off the fields proudly, knowing they gave it their all out there.

But hey, we just have problems "executing" right Dick?

Heels,

totally agree. This team brings absolutely nothing to the table. Why is our QB always confused? The same happened with JP. Why can't we come up with a gameplan that our team can work with? We do not attack the other team. Where are the reverses, flee flickers, any gadget plays. How about a deep pass? How about a tight end screen? How about a screen to a running back? We did none of that. We throw out patterns and 5 yard curl patterns. Our offense and defense are the most basic in the NFL. We never disguise our blitzes or our coverages. Have we ever blitzed from outside the DE? Why not overload the rush from one side. Other teams do this.

This team runs offense and defense like a high school team. This is the same O and D from last year. Nothing has changed. The gameplan has to change from week to week depending on who the opponent is. We have oversimplified things to the point where the other team does not have to gameplan against us. We certainly do not have the talent to beat teams with a basic O and D. Jauron has taken this team, and made it as soft as any in the NFL. Guys come to the Bills and become soft. Or are they soft before they get to us? Either way, someone on the team other than the fans has to get mad. This kind of play and attitude would NEVER have happened when Jim Kelly was in charge.

You think so? You think that, say, Jeff Fisher would be 5-4 with this team?

Lee Evans getting 2 touches a game? Lynch getting 15 carries?

Fisher has the longest tenure as head coach with one team among active head coaches in the league. He has a 120-104 (.536) record prior to the 2008 season. And in his first 4 years with the Titans went 7-9, then 8-8 for the next 3...

so the Titans/Oilers shouldve fired him then?

i am not happy with this team right now either. and frankly, speaking about the performances from the last 3 weeks, the easier question is "who ISNT to blame?" since this team has repeatedly failed in every aspect, at every position.

it was only a few weeks ago that plenty of people here (and some of the bashers in this thread) were talking about our great coaching.

im not going to say that the coaching doesnt deserve some criticism and a serious kick in the ace, but the idea that we should get rid of the staff is ridiculous.

the titans went through some bad times with Fisher, but they stuck with him. the same can be said for any/every successful coach.

I'm not backing him as General Manager, I'm backing him as Head Coach. He has done well with the personnel he has. If you want to analyze his personnel decisions in the offseasons, I (probably :wallbash:) won't interfere.

I'll say this, JP Losman has a far better chance of winning a playoff game in his career than does Jauron.

His tenure with the Bills speaks for itself. You can look at this thing any way you want to: you can just scope out the tip of the iceberg and note that he's lost more games than he's won, and conclude that he can never be a winning head coach. If you want to be pessimistic about it, that case is certainly available to you.

Or you can dig just a bit deeper, and consider the personnel he's worked with during that time. In year 1, he overachieved. In year 2, he again overachieved. In year 3, he's 5-4 and in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt. Whats to complain about?

Go ahead, play the bad personnel card. When does that excuse end? How do you know our that the Bills problem is personnel and not bad coaching? Do you think excellent players can't be mis-coached into consistently poor performances. I do. I think that Jauron is a master at it, as a matter of fact.

How do you know our that the Bills problem is personnel and not bad coaching?

Because the team doesn't have one quality pass rusher at the moment.

The Giants watch Strahan walk away and Umeniyora go down for the year, and they still have Tuck and Kiwanuka generating one of the better pass rushes in the league. The Bills have nobody. Pass rush is the most important aspect of a defense imo. If whoever is 'buying the groceries,' even if it is Jauron, is unwilling to hunt down pass rushers and blockers instead of cornerbacks, then we need someone else to start going to the grocery store.

Still, that doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a good chef.

Fisher has the longest tenure as head coach with one team among active head coaches in the league. He has a 120-104 (.536) record prior to the 2008 season. And in his first 4 years with the Titans went 7-9, then 8-8 for the next 3...

so the Titans/Oilers shouldve fired him then?

That would depend on how the overall team looked and was playing.

Was there a clear sense of direction?

Did he tolerate players that did not "execute"?

As for the Bills, they are three years into a rebuild, and the coach is still talking about how the team is not executing.

Here's a clue.

The team is not responding to that style of coaching. Time to change it. Start benching people. Get the message out you will not tolerate a half-assed performance.

Stop being the player's buddy, and start being his coach.

Because the team doesn't have one quality pass rusher at the moment.

The Giants watch Strahan walk away and Umeniyora go down for the year, and they still have Tuck and Kiwanuka generating one of the better pass rushes in the league. The Bills have nobody. Pass rush is the most important aspect of a defense imo. If whoever is 'buying the groceries,' even if it is Jauron, is unwilling to hunt down pass rushers and blockers instead of cornerbacks, then we need someone else to start going to the grocery store.

Still, that doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a good chef.

Jauron disagrees that pass rush is so important. The Bills rarely go after the QB with more than 4 guys and the linebackers are running backwards at nearly every snap of the ball.

I think thats pretty safe to say. Are you aware of some of the starting defensive lineups they fielded in some of the wins last year?

Well...

Ol' Dead Dick may be able to get something out of nothing but that is simply not the case this Year...Are The Bills injuries as bad as say...The Patsies this Year?...Every Team has injuries every Year...The Bills will rarely be the exception...Last Year was exceptionally bad...This Season is just well...Not good...

Anyway I completely and totally disagree with the lack of talent garbage...Yes The Bills may lack talent at DE and TE...But every Team has holes...The Bills have talent...But they are ill-prepared and the poor Coaching leads to the mistakes that cost them games like the Miami and NY games...Games they should have Won...ESPECIALLY the Jets Game cause it's a freaking Home Game and how Jauron manages to get this Team to zombie state before they take the Field AT HOME four Games a Year is STILL beyond Me...I just don't know how the hell he does it...But somehow someway this Coach can't take advantage consistantly of the one clear advantage He has and that's HOME FIELD advantage...UGH!!!

Jauron is who He is...He's a Coach who's philosophy has passed Him with light speed...He's the walking freaking dead...He's a good man...But that means nothing when you are entrusted with an NFL Football Team...He walked into a Job He had no business getting and He's still playing with House money after getting an extension prematurely...

The Bills have talent...But no question they need a hell of a lot more to overcome Dead Dick and his band of Zombies...I'm not sure those Bills Teams of the late 80's and early 90's could have Won consistantly with Dead Dick...Somehow, someway He would have managed to temper their enthusiasm and make them believe they are lovable, hard working losers too... :wallbash:

don't give me the "we don't have the talent so give dick another 3 year excusal" crap because everyone, EVERYONE said we had playoff caliber players before the year began, EVERY talking head out there said if the bills do not make the playoffs this year that it would be a disappointment and jauron would be on the chopping block