Should the Bills Should Cut a Veteran?

The Bills’ coaches chose Kelsey as a captain.

Making Kelsey a captain, shows that the Bills thought he was doing a good job.

Kelsey is no worse now than when they made him a captain, or when they gave him his contract.

Cutting Kelsey would be leadership admitting they were wrong and did not know what they were doing.

I'd suggest they strip Kelsey of his C, but who would they give it to? Is there anyone on the defense that deserves a C?

I can think of a few that deserve an F.

Kelsey is no worse now than when they made him a captain, or when they gave him his contract.

Cutting Kelsey would be leadership admitting they were wrong and did not know what they were doing.

I'd suggest they strip Kelsey of his C, but who would they give it to? Is there anyone on the defense that deserves a C?

Tim Anderson

I heard a story that Lou Saban stuffed a player (Kemp?) into a locker once and left him there.

I think it is the PLANNING as much as the PLAYER that is the disconnect on this team.

Try something ten times and it does not work, maybe you should try something else?

Ted Cottrell is available, btw.

Yea I realize the "cutting the captain" didn't necessarilly work with Crowell, but that's a different type of situation. He went behind the organization's back by opting for surgery, and put himself (who knew he had FA coming up next season) over the team. :lol:

If that's the case, cut Peters. :wallbash:

just no thats all i have to say

Kelsay at least had one extremely good game - against Seattle, and he made a couple of very good plays against the Rams. He's also batted down a couple himself. What has the Utah stork done? Nothing, really. And as for batting down passes, that only happens because someone is a lousy pass rusher in the first place. As for the rest of that sorry crew, what are there names again?

EDIT - Kelsay has 18 solo tackles, 6 stuffs, 4 passes defensed, and 1 sack. Denney has 20 solo tackles, 2 stuffs, 4 passes defensed, and one sack. Eight of Denney's solo tackles came against NE, which might mean simply that the Pats chose to run at him. Of the two and based on past history, I'd definitely take Kelsay. He's a better player.

I disagree. Of the two, Denney is stronger. Kelsay used to be fast. Now, he is small, weak and slow. Besides, you called him the "best defensive lineman on the team" which is not only wrong, it borders on bizzare.

Stroud penetrates sometimes, and he must always be accounted for by the offfense. The problem is that other linemen, led by Kelsay, are unable to ever make a play, except perhaps for a lucky one or so per game by Kyle Williams.

By the way, how did you like this week's coaching gem by Herm Edwards? :lol: Put me on record as saying that even Dick Jauron is a better coach than Herm Edwards, and it is good to know that we have one game left where Jauron will have a coaching edge.

I disagree. Of the two, Denney is stronger. Kelsay used to be faswt. Now, he is small, weak and slow. Besides, you called him the "best defensive lineman on the team" which is not only wrong, it borders on bizzare.

Stroud penetrates sometimes, and he must always be accounted for by the defense. The problem is that other linemen, led by Kelsay, are unable to ever make a play, except perhaps for a lucky one or so per game by Kyle Williams.

By the way, how did you like this week's coaching gem by Herm Edwards? :lol: Put me on record as saying that even Dick Jauron is a better coach than Herm Edwards, and it is good to know that we have one game left where Jauron will have a coaching edge.

I meant defensive end, not defensive lineman. That was a mistake on my part. Of course Stroud is better than Kelsay. Re Edwards, he's coaching a very young team. He has made the playoffs 4 times in 8 years.