Edwards..... Discuss....

AnthonyF

During the Belichick years our running game this year and 2004 aside has been pretty bad, I mean Brady won Superbowls in 01 and 03 with Antoine Smith, Mike Cloud, Jerod Cherry, J.R. Redmond and Kevin Faulk running the ball other than Faulk there aren't any great players there.

Antowain played pretty good for them..As did COrey Dillon..He had a runningame but more than anything he had a competent Coaching staff along with talent..Anyone who isnt biased can see that Edwards has the talent and the brains to be a better than average QB in the NFL..The difference between better than average and great is talent around him and coaching in my eyes..

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all those years, save for the last 2, look pretty average.

Exactly..Pretty average..Which is a huge improvement over our running game...I would take average..LOL..Then throw in a 1600 yard rusher to top it off once every 6 years and I will be more than happy

Can't we get past this meaningless back forth and come to the general conclusion that the entire offense is playing like GARBAGE. Every single person with the exception of Lee Evans is not pulling their weight and is flat out losing ballgames for us.

I disagree with this so strongly I just changed my screen name to Edwards' Arm. He had a bad day and should have played significantly better than he did. That said, Edwards is the answer.

As much as I hate to admit it as a former JP supporter, he is so correct it isn't funny.

I don't want to make excuses for Edwards, but he has been terrible since coming back from the concussion. Whether it's related or not...who knows!
I don't think he has recovered from the concussion either. I've been reviewing the previous games, and only got to see the fourth quarter of this one, but he is tentative. he is holding the ball longer than he did BC. The pocket time is not as long sometimes, but he does not have the "quick release lately".

I am not a Losman proponent, but I honestly believe Trent needs time off to completely clear his head. Taking sacks and hits each game right now will not allow him to get better. Otherwise, we are going to lose to teams we shouldn't.

I disagree with this so strongly I just changed my screen name to Edwards' Arm. He had a bad day and should have played significantly better than he did. That said, Edwards is the answer.

Really!

I believe 100% if the Bills feel there is a better QB than Edwards they can get, they will get him.

Can't we get past this meaningless back forth and come to the general conclusion that the entire offense is playing like GARBAGE. Every single person with the exception of Lee Evans is not pulling their weight and is flat out losing ballgames for us.

The offensive ineptitude is pretty simple. The other teams know what we're going to do (run or pass) on virtually every play. So when the Bills line up to run with a single back and 11 guys on the other side of the ball know who is getting it, the RB won't have much running room. When the Bills line up to pass the ball and 11 guys on the other side know the Bills are going to pass (probably short), they can defend that pretty well.

I'm telling you, the other team knows when the Bills will run or pass. How do I know this? Simple, I predicted run or pass before every snap during the game after seeing the offense line up. I was wrong 3 times the entire game. You think NFL coaches and players can be at least as accurate a me? Certainly they can. Predictable, vanilla, risk averse and ineffective. That's the Bills offense. Doesn't matter who the QB is. The opposition must love game planning for this offense.

Amen! Trent himself has played badly hiself. Yes the line isn't the greatest but it wasn't great when JP was in there. It's tme to stop blaming thel line totally and lay someof the blame on Trent.
Alot of people look at Edwards win and lost record the last two years but the teams he played againts have a combine 90 wins and 120 losts.This year we have 5 wins.all against teams with loosing records and 4 looses againts teams with winning records.Well course that could be because we are being out coached.Or we just don't have good enough talent yet to beat the good teams.

I will never understand why 90% of fans think there is more variance involved in coaching and playcalling than there is in QB play. JP fans were here a month ago claiming Fairchild couldn't hold Schonert's jockstrap. I thought that was ridiculous. Now we have Trent fans saying Schonert is a clueless idiot, because of course every loss in the history of the world is due to playcalling.

This is what it boils down to:

- It's about the QB, not the OC - the most overrated person on any team in terms of his impact on the game.

- Level of play in a young QB varies more than the smarts of the OC over the course of a few weeks.

- Edwards is a better QB than JP.

- Edwards has sucked the last 3 weeks.

I don't think he has recovered from the concussion either. I've been reviewing the previous games, and only got to see the fourth quarter of this one, but he is tentative. he is holding the ball longer than he did BC. The pocket time is not as long sometimes, but he does not have the "quick release lately".

I am not a Losman proponent, but I honestly believe Trent needs time off to completely clear his head. Taking sacks and hits each game right now will not allow him to get better. Otherwise, we are going to lose to teams we shouldn't.

Two weeks after his concussion he played good. It is now five weeks. How long can you keep using that as an excuse?

Two weeks after his concussion he played good. It is now five weeks. How long can you keep using that as an excuse? I like Edwards but lets be realistic. The last three weeks he has not played well.

Off target, bad decisions, no long attempts at all and 120 yards passing. Good field position and did absolutely nothing. Can also blaim the coaches for calling 3 run plays on first and goal.....

clearly hasnt been the same since the concussion

Off target, bad decisions, no long attempts at all and 120 yards passing. Good field position and did absolutely nothing. Can also blaim the coaches for calling 3 run plays on first and goal.....

He's very poised.

That's all that matters.

Oh yeah, and Schonert isn't as bad as Fairchild.

LOL