Anyone else see NFL Matchup?

NFL Matchup this morning broke down the Bills' running game. Their take is that the line is, contrary to perception, opening up holes, and Lynch is just missing them. They showed a great example of a play where Lynch had a huge hole off tackle and cut it back inside for no reason whatsoever (Jaws accused him of trying to hit the homerun play - I don't get it, because he would've hit a homerun if he had hit the hole). Starting to think that Lynch is the one who should be benched, give Jackson the bulk of the playing time and use Marshawn as a change of pace back for awhile.

On a related note, they showed Jenkins absolutely abusing Fowler and Dockery last week. Dockery got clubbed out of the way and Jenkins had a free rush to Edwards, which led to the INT/TD. I'll say it again: Dockery is trash. He wasn't last year, but this year he's mailing it in and collecting his paycheck. It pisses me off.

Guest dog14787
NFL Matchup this morning broke down the Bills' running game. Their take is that the line is, contrary to perception, opening up holes, and Lynch is just missing them. They showed a great example of a play where Lynch had a huge hole off tackle and cut it back inside for no reason whatsoever (Jaws accused him of trying to hit the homerun play - I don't get it, because he would've hit a homerun if he had hit the hole). Starting to think that Lynch is the one who should be benched, give Jackson the bulk of the playing time and use Marshawn as a change of pace back for awhile.

On a related note, they showed Jenkins absolutely abusing Fowler and Dockery last week. Dockery got clubbed out of the way and Jenkins had a free rush to Edwards, which led to the INT/TD. I'll say it again: Dockery is trash. He wasn't last year, but this year he's mailing it in and collecting his paycheck. It pisses me off.

That was a horrible play, I remember thinking, what the hell was that and whats up with this O-line :rolleyes:

I've been trying to get folks on TBD to bite on the Jackson issue, but they see the same thing that I do, brief glimpses of greatness from Marshawn Lynch. :angry:

I remember thinking last week that Jackson had been running better than Lynch, but attributed it to the fact that he was better at breaking tackles and getting better yards. All I can remember Lynch doing is running into a pile of linemen and getting a whole yard.

Jaworski's opinions are much more respected by me than anyone else's at E$PN, so maybe there is something to this.

Don't let the line off that easy, though it's been true for a while that Lynch needs better coaching. The problem with Jackson is that he may not be strong enough to be a 25 carry guy.

It would be much better if Lynch improved (has much more upside) even though Jackson is currently playing better.

I remember thinking last week that Jackson had been running better than Lynch, but attributed it to the fact that he was better at breaking tackles and getting better yards.

Remember Lynch was sick last week too -- could account for it. Not sure if the "missed holes" argument goes back prior to last week though.

Remember Lynch was sick last week too -- could account for it. Not sure if the "missed holes" argument goes back prior to last week though.

That's true. If they gave him any sort of perscription anti-nausea meds he was probably a little loopy. They make me loopy when I take them.

I don't know if Dockery's problems are due to Peter's or if Peter's trouble are due to Dockery or maybe a little of both.

I don't know if Dockery's problems are due to Peter's or if Peter's trouble are due to Dockery or maybe a little of both.

Dockery's problems are due to the fact that he is overrated and was a VERY poor free agent signing.

Peters, despite a few minor patches of bad play, is still playing well.

Don't let the line off that easy, though it's been true for a while that Lynch needs better coaching. The problem with Jackson is that he may not be strong enough to be a 25 carry guy.

It would be much better if Lynch improved (has much more upside) even though Jackson is currently playing better.

You're crazy. Jackson is pretty strong.

Thank goodness someone as credible as Jaws is pointing out the issues Marshawn is bringing to the running game. look, the line is part of the problem as well. But, think about it if you were one of the five guys blocking and compare it to your day job. You know are doing your job, yet a key member is not. that would frustrate the hell out of you. The good news is that this is fixable but Marshawn has to step up and lock in his vision a lot better than he is. Jaws points were very evident in the Miami game I attended, there were holes, yet no Marshawn, but Fred Jackson runs through them. this is a problem but marshawn has to fix his vision NOW!

This is true about Lynch. After watching every game this year,I can`t recall how many times me and the guys have said why doesn`t he just hit the hole and take the yardage. He doesn`t have enough speed to change direction and get around the corner.Maybe he is gun shy about the line blocking since he does get hammered on alot of his runs with no blocking most of the time. Howabout a quick throw over the line on some of these 3rd and a yd or less downs? That would give the D something else to worry about and take a little pressure off the run game.What do I know siting there watching the game ? Not much ,but when I see Lee Evans on these plays with the D-back off of him a good 7-8 yds it makes me wonder.

Yep he has missed some holes for sure. I think it easy to forget just how young this guy is. He plays so hard and carries himself like a vet, but he has a lot to learn and a lot of experience to gain. I think he will be ok.

BS. Running backs know where the play is designed to go and how the line is going to block it. If he doesn't have the natural instincts and field vision by now it ain't gonna come.

I won'r argue that ML isn't struggling, but this is, for the most part, an OL problem. And for those of you hyping up Jackson (who I love as a BACKUP RB), I point to two plays last week that changed the game.

One: the dropped screen pass. Jackson catches that and probably scores a TD. Instead, we throw a pick and the Jets get a TD.

Two: Fourth and inches from inside the 10. Jackson runs right into the line. With any vision on that play, he takes it outside, easily gets the first down and probably scores.

Make those two plays and we have 21 points early in the second quarter. That changes things, obviously.

At the end of the day, I'm glad we have these two RBs. They aren't perfect, but they're both pretty good.

Lynch is Travis Henry Part II - minus the fumbling issues.

Runs real hard, can't see holes, can't block, can't catch, has trouble off the field. Makes us very predictable. Run primarily when he's on, pass primarily when someone else is in the backfield (Henry/Morris thing). I suspect the front office will be looking for an upgrade either this or the next off season if he doesn't improve on and off the field.

That was a horrible play, I remember thinking, what the hell was that and whats up with this O-line :rolleyes:

I've been trying to get folks on TBD to bite on the Jackson issue, but they see the same thing that I do, brief glimpses of greatness from Marshawn Lynch. :angry:

I'm with you guys. Not that the O-Line isn't playing like garbage most of the time, but Jackson is FAR the more versatile back so far and think he should be the starter at RB.