Youboty gone for the year, Teddy Lehman signed

Lori

Is this the end of Yuboty as a bill?

I sure hope not. The man is one of the few guys on our defense who has legitimate talent. He is probably a restricted free agent after this season, unless he initially signed a 4 yr. deal. I hope we lock him and Greer up longterm. Than it is time to redo the front seven, heaven help us.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

per BB.com text. Meet Teddy Lehman, formerly of the Lions. Former second-round pick. Injury problems kept him out of the lineup after his rookie season. We'll see how much he has left, I guess.

As for Youboty, Chris Brown reported earlier that the third-year corner has plantar fasciitis, and suggested he'd be surprised if No. 26 played again this season. Looks like he was right.

I dont understand this at all. I had plantar fascitis as well and it was very painful however one week off and a good orthodic solved the problem for me. Now I know I am not a pro athlete but seems that that injury isnt serious enough for IR.

I dont understand this at all. I had plantar fascitis as well and it was very painful however one week off and a good orthodic solved the problem for me. Now I know I am not a pro athlete but seems that that injury isnt serious enough for IR.

I had it too. I heard and felt a pop in the bottom of my foot while playing football. It hurt like h@ll for weeks. Surgery was on the table.

I'd be surprised if Lehman didn't get hurt stepping off the airplane at the airport. The man is made of glass.

Defense & FumblesGlossary · ProBowl(*), 1st-team All-Pro(+), · CSV · PRE

Def Interceptions Fumbles Tackles

Year Age Tm Pos G GS Sk Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Tkl Ast Sfty

2004 23 DET MLB 16 16 1.0 1 1 0 1 3 1 0 0 0 0 76 27

2005 24 DET 5 0 1 21 0 17 2 8 5

2006 25 DET 4 0 4 1

2007 26 DET 16 0 1 0 0 0 0 17 10

Career 41 16 1.0 2 22 0 17 5 2 0 0 0 0 105 43

I remember Peja Stojackovic being out for a long time due to this injury while he was still with the Sacramento Kings and from what I understand it can be very painful and turn into a chronic problem if it doesn't heal properly. I wonder if maybe the timetable for his return was uncertain and they didn't want to waste a roster spot for the rest of the season.

I remember Peja Stojackovic being out for a long time due to this injury while he was still with the Sacramento Kings and from what I understand it can be very painful and turn into a chronic problem if it doesn't heal properly. I wonder if maybe the timetable for his return was uncertain and they didn't want to waste a roster spot for the rest of the season.

They probably feel more comfortable with the CB depth than they do the LB depth so when it became apparent that he would be out for some time they decided to put him on IR so they could sign another LB. Just a guess. :w00t:

Lehman did play a full 16 games last year but it looks like he did it at as a backup.

:cross fingers: :D Please God! Please, no injuries!

I hope we lock him and Greer up longterm. Than it is time to redo the front seven, heaven help us.

This is the same strategy that got us into trouble in the first place. Building the secondary before the front seven.

Buffalo cannot keep McGee and Youboty (signed through 09) along with Greer (UFA this season) and after having drafted McKelvin.

Youboty will not be re-signed, primarily because he can't stay healthy. It's not a dig on him, but when you're handing out contracts health is an issue. At that point, Buffalo must decide on retaining either McGee or Greer. They won't be retaining both after allocating so many resources to the CB position in 08.

I sure hope not. The man is one of the few guys on our defense who has legitimate talent. He is probably a restricted free agent after this season, unless he initially signed a 4 yr. deal. I hope we lock him and Greer up longterm. Than it is time to redo the front seven, heaven help us.

For two years AY can't get on the field, then when he finally does, he can't stay on it. Give me guys that can show up and play. I've run out of patience with AY

Someone said AY has one year left. Probably show up for that contract year, then will want huge $$$, after which he will take off again

This is the same strategy that got us into trouble in the first place. Building the secondary before the front seven.

Buffalo cannot keep McGee and Youboty (signed through 09) along with Greer (UFA this season) and after having drafted McKelvin.

Youboty will not be re-signed, primarily because he can't stay healthy. It's not a dig on him, but when you're handing out contracts health is an issue. At that point, Buffalo must decide on retaining either McGee or Greer. They won't be retaining both after allocating so many resources to the CB position in 08.

I believe McKelvin was drafted in anticipation of Greer leaving. Getting Corner out of the draft too is going to make them set for next year or close to it. They will probably draft a CB or safety in next years draft but if they do it before the fifth round I'll be very surprised.

I highly doubt Greer will stick around on a team that will likely remove him from the starting lineup and therefore won't come close to what he'll be offered on the FA market. The only way I see him staying is if the Bills go a little less than his best offer and he takes it because he's very happy here and believes it gives him a great chance to win a SB ring.