I think everybody should stop for a second...

And think about how great it is that we, as a people, just voted for an African American man to be our President. Our nation, which was one of the last in the civilized western world to abolish slavery, which was largely segregated until the 1960's, which has been home to the Ku Klux Klan, just voted for a black man to lead it.

No matter who you are, what your party affiliation/political philosophy is, would you not at least agree that this is a big step forward for us? This is probably the biggest watershed moment in American history in terms of the war against racism, and I for one am proud to have been part of it.

And think about how great it is that we, as a people, just voted for an African American man to be our President. Our nation, which was one of the last in the civilized western world to abolish slavery, which was largely segregated until the 1960's, which has been home to the Ku Klux Klan, just voted for a black man to lead it.

No matter who you are, what your party affiliation/political philosophy is, would you not at least agree that this is a big step forward for us? This is probably the biggest watershed moment in American history in terms of the war against racism, and I for one am proud to have been part of it.

If that was your reason for voting for him then you are a racist. Job performance counts. I dont care about a watershed moment. You have played the race card.

If that was your reason for voting for him then you are a racist. Job performance counts. I dont care about a watershed moment. You have played the race card.

That's NOT why I voted for him. I believe he's the man for the job, along with most of America. Coincidentally, he is a black man and the fact that this didn't prevent him from getting a majority is a beautiful moment in our history IMO.

Question: I understand that he has African blood and I am the FARTHEST thing from a racist...I have many friends from MANY different backgrounds...but he is 1/2 white too correct? Oh that's right, that is not important.

That doesn't make it incorrect to call him African American. I am half Mexican and half German. I consider myself a Mexican American and a German American.

Question: I understand that he has African blood and I am the FARTHEST thing from a racist...I have many friends from MANY different backgrounds...but he is 1/2 white too correct? Oh that's right, that is not important.

He is referred to as 'black' because visibly-speaking, the color of his skin is brown much like any African American. If he in fact faced any racism, it would be the same racism that any other person of color faces. Similar to how Tiger Woods is referred to by many as a 'black' golfer when he is half Fijian.

If his skin color was much lighter then maybe his other half would be more prominent.

He never said that. It is indeed an historic event for our country, that we elected for president, for the first time ever, someone who is not a white male.

That doesn't make it incorrect to call him African American. I am half Mexican and half German. I consider myself a Mexican American and a German American.

Mexican Americans don't like to just get into gang fights,

they like flowers and music and white girls named Debbie too.

Mexican Americans are named Chata and Chella and Chima

and have a son in law named jeff.

Mexican Americans don't like to get up early in the morning

but they have to so they do it real slow.

Mexican Americans love education so they go to night school

and they take spanish and get a B.

Mexican Americans love their Nana's and their Nono's and their

Nena's and their Neno's........ Nano Nano Nena Nono!

Mexican Americans don't like to go to the movies where the

dude has to wear contact lenses to make his blue eyes brown

cause don't it make my brown eyes blue.....

And before you get your panties in a bunch, this is sung by Cheech Marin

I wouldn't call it a big step forward. Not at all. I'd call it the culmination of a bunch of really, really little steps.

I still think it's pretty cool, though. Never thought I'd see a black president in my lifetime. I CERTAINLY never thought I'd see as little issue made (either way) of his skin color as I hace.