Are minnesotans' brains frozen?

I can answer that -- yes, yes they are. :doh:

Franken's a moron... My favorite attack ad against him quoted him in 1999 saying, "If even 50 people ever voted for me, it'd be a travesty." :D

Oh well... Glad I live a mile over the border in Wisconsin. Maybe.... :)

Al Franken? REALLY?

:doh:

People have been led to believe that something has to change so anything will do. With the influnce of TV on elections the electorate is looking for an event more so than government. Keep in mind its our money they are using to look good. For instance the economic stimulis check , they were just giving us back our own money. I am a states rights guy let the federal govt run the military and let the states run the rest . And in the end isnt this election or any election all about the bottom line ...money.

So now the focus will be on Obamas appointments. More media events for their (media) bottom line..money. I guess the question is , is this country in as bad shape as we are led to beleive? I put my faith in the Government to defend me against our enemies, everything else I will handle myself.

California elected a B actor so why not? He was a writer showing some intelligence.

An actor and bodybuilder who took lots of steroids.

With 90% of the votes in Coleman has a 3,090 vote lead. A 1.5% difference. I think this is definitely going to be a recount.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The Gub-anor was NOT a "B actor". He showed tremendous depth and range in the male pregnancy classic Junior.

Don't forget Conan the Barbarian.

Man if you could get into a time machine and get to one of his training sessions and bet a lot of people he would one day become Governor of California you could retire a verrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy rich man.

Fox News Story

Minn. Senate race very close

Minnesota's U.S. Senate candidates were locked in a close race Tuesday, with Democrat Al Franken hoping a Democratic wave would push him over the top and Republican Norm Coleman trying to hang on in a tough night for his party.

With 99 percent of precincts reporting, the incumbent Coleman had 42.1 percent to Franken's 41.9 percent. With more than 2.8 million votes cast, just 8,000 votes separated the two men _ a difference of about 0.28 percent.

Dean Barkley of the Independence Party was third with 15%, and exit poll data showed him pulling equally from Coleman and Franken.

Both Franken and Coleman spoke to supporters around 11:30 p.m., urging them to hang in for what they said could be a long night of counting votes.

"You've stood with me for 20 months; hang in with me for a few more hours and when every vote is counted, I believe we're going to have a new U.S. senator for Minnesota," Franken said.

Coleman also predicted victory. "I'm feeling very good right now," he told supporters.

Coleman was struggling to hold onto his Senate seat against big Democratic gains nationwide, led by presidential winner Barack Obama. Several of Coleman's fellow Senate Republicans were overtaken, with the GOP losing Senate seats in Virginia, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Mexico and Colorado.

Per CNN Coleman is ahead by 762 votes with 99% in. This is going to be a recount.

What does that have to do with anything? GWB graduated from an Ivy League School. Education has never equaled intelligence. EVER.

My freshman college roommate transfered to Harvard from U. of Rochester in the spring. This kid was a box of rocks. When I came back from winter break he was packing his stuff (and stealing mine) and said he was transferring to HAHverd.

I looked at him and and asked, "Harvard? How the f*** did you get into to Harvard?"

He replied, "Oh, I know somebody..." :blink: