Upon further review

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is sorta a joke thread but ive thought our playcalling has been a little stale lately. Too many outs downfield i feel like the D knows whats coming. Wheres the slant and screens?

Just because this is a thread partially about Trent's "arm strengh" doesn't make the whole thread a joke.

There was plenty of blame to go around on that play but I blame Dockery. He got annihilated on that play by Kris Jenkins, who then got in Trents face which made him take something off of the throw. Watch the replay. Jenkins made his first step to the right, Dockery stepped to his left and then Jenkins clubbed Dockery with his left hand, nearly knocking him over and was behind him before he could stand back up. Jenkins caused the bad throw which was made worse by Parrish slipping. Dockery gets the blame for the pick six in my opinion.

You sound like someone who watches the game very closely, making you aware of things some other fans might miss.

Overall, I've noticed that the offensive line is doing a very bad job in run blocking (even worse than last year). And they've taken a large step back from last year's level of pass protection. For most of this season, the level of pass protection has looked below average or downright bad. But like oases in a desert, there have been times when the offensive line has been dominant in pass protection.

I know that running game wasn't the initial purpose of this thread but I am gonna have to throw it in....

If this team with the top 5 largest offensive line in the league could actually maul some people consistantly then Trent Edwards would look like a pro bowler.......because guys would actually be open downfield when he through the ball......and maybe we actually run the ball in for a touchdown........

This is where we gotta get fixed.....running the ball is all about attitude

You are so right. It all starts, or stops, with the offensive line. And this line can't do any of the 3 things an offensive line has to do; pass block, pick up blitzes and open holes for the running game. They are tubs of lard.

You sound like someone who watches the game very closely, making you aware of things some other fans might miss.

Overall, I've noticed that the offensive line is doing a very bad job in run blocking (even worse than last year).

Do you really believe this or are you just saying it?

After the game I thought the result hinged on the pick 6 play and I was blaming Edwards. If we score there the Jets are back on their heels and the whole rest of the game develops differently.

There is no doubt Edwards made a horrible throw but when you look back at it, you can't really blame him. Turk Schoenfeld knew full well that the throw required Trent to throw the ball almost all the way to the sideline into the teeth of a 4+ MPH wind. It is simply a throw he can't make. It looked just like the throw against Dalllas last year where the same thing happened. Throwing a 10 yard pass 30 yards to the sidleine is a 40 yard pass if you do the math. Dumb call. Bad throw? Yes, but without the dumb call it never happens. You wouldn't ask Evans to kick a field goal, why would you ask Trent to throw a 40 yard out?

What i don't understand is why we so rarely even TRY to run outside. Not even off tackle. Any ideas?

There was plenty of blame to go around on that play but I blame Dockery. He got annihilated on that play by Kris Jenkins, who then got in Trents face which made him take something off of the throw. Watch the replay. Jenkins made his first step to the right, Dockery stepped to his left and then Jenkins clubbed Dockery with his left hand, nearly knocking him over and was behind him before he could stand back up. Jenkins caused the bad throw which was made worse by Parrish slipping. Dockery gets the blame for the pick six in my opinion.

...If Dockery doesn't get clubbed into Peter's DE by Jenkins, it's the DE who'll make that play after taking a hard inside rush after Peter's jumps the play...again. Although, maybe that's just hustle!

What i don't understand is why we so rarely even TRY to run outside. Not even off tackle. Any ideas?

I wonder that myself........if these fat phucks can't block, then pitch it outside and get our RB's some open space. Maybe the times we're calling for it, it's being audibled out due to something the D is doing, I don't know, it doesn't make sense though.

It was 10 yards downfield plus 30 yards to his left. 40 yards.

Well...not quite.

More like 31.622776601683793 yards (a²+b²=c²). Of course, that's assuming the thirty yard figure is correct. It might be, if the ball was spotted on the right hash mark, as the field is only 53 1/3 yards wide.

No, ieat, I don't really think we can rag on Trent for attempting a 31.622776601683793 yard pass. After all, he's a Stanford man, and I'm sure he rattled off that distance calculation confidently in a split second before launching. However, you may be on to something with that 4+ mph wind. I think he underestimated the full effects of that autumn blast (California boy that he is). That kind of raw, elemental force does strange things to helium balloons and footballs when the gales of November come early.

Maybe Trent should practice his throwing this week (and not in the field house, either) with football shaped helium balloons.

Finally some objective logic here. 1 player is NEVER to blame!

The sad part is Dick won't bother to fix this unit and we will suffer for it.

Unless that player is JP.

All last year I tried to criticize the OL and the play calling. I was called a JP lover and other such nonsense.

Now the truth is coming out.

Until they can run the ball and pass block no QB will succeed.

After the game I thought the result hinged on the pick 6 play and I was blaming Edwards. If we score there the Jets are back on their heels and the whole rest of the game develops differently.

There is no doubt Edwards made a horrible throw but when you look back at it, you can't really blame him. Turk Schoenfeld knew full well that the throw required Trent to throw the ball almost all the way to the sideline into the teeth of a 4+ MPH wind. It is simply a throw he can't make. It looked just like the throw against Dalllas last year where the same thing happened. Throwing a 10 yard pass 30 yards to the sidleine is a 40 yard pass if you do the math. Dumb call. Bad throw? Yes, but without the dumb call it never happens. You wouldn't ask Evans to kick a field goal, why would you ask Trent to throw a 40 yard out?

This is not true. With all the yelling and screaming going on during the game, a virtual vortex was created inside the stadium. That sent wind speeds up to 6 mph, and occasional gusts of 7 mph.

So I am going to place the blame where it squarely belongs:

The fans.

Instead of yelling, screaming, and cheering, they need to shut up, sit down, and golf clap (and do not clap quickly).

Unless that player is JP.

All last year I tried to criticize the OL and the play calling. I was called a JP lover and other such nonsense.

Now the truth is coming out.

Until they can run the ball and pass block no QB will succeed.

Cut out that sane, objective thinking! It was JP's fault last year and it's his fault this year.

Well...not quite.

More like 31.622776601683793 yards (a²+b²=c²). Of course, that's assuming the thirty yard figure is correct. It might be, if the ball was spotted on the right hash mark, as the field is only 53 1/3 yards wide.

No, ieat, I don't really think we can rag on Trent for attempting a 31.622776601683793 yard pass. After all, he's a Stanford man, and I'm sure he rattled off that distance calculation confidently in a split second before launching. However, you may be on to something with that 4+ mph wind. I think he underestimated the full effects of that autumn blast (California boy that he is). That kind of raw, elemental force does strange things to helium balloons and footballs when the gales of November come early.

Maybe Trent should practice his throwing this week (and not in the field house, either) with football shaped helium balloons.

Are you seriously try to defend this Mary by saying 30 + 10 = 31.62? I have news for you. 31 is even less than 40 so your defense backfired. :rolleyes::devil:

I don't think helium balloons will help because they will just float out of the stadium. Maybe in a dome. Although I guess floating out of the stadium is a better place than floating into the arms of defenders.

Honestly I think it is time for the bills to make a statement firing (or release of a player) to show that not being able to run the ball will not be tolerated.

This is only going to get worse if we dont fix it. How are the bills going to win games in wintertime if they cant run the ball? I have a very uneasy feeling about all of this and we should not throw the whole load of trying to win on Trent Edwards shoulders......HE NEEDS HELP

I'm not a big Jerry Sullivan fan, but the last few lines of his latest offering say it all:

'You’re 26th in rushing, I told Peters. That’s not a playoff team.

“I’ll remember that comment when we make it,” Peters said.

They could start by actually making it on third-and-1.

Emphasis mine, obviously. Second game in a row where we haven't made a critical 3rd and 1. I wonder if some slightly different thinking on the part of the O-line coaches could eke out another .5 to 1.0 yards per carry. That's all it would take.

This is not true. With all the yelling and screaming going on during the game, a virtual vortex was created inside the stadium. That sent wind speeds up to 6 mph, and occasional gusts of 7 mph.

So I am going to place the blame where it squarely belongs:

The fans.

Instead of yelling, screaming, and cheering, they need to shut up, sit down, and golf clap (and do not clap quickly).

If they had two full 24 ounce Budweisers from the beer guy (me) in section 333, clapping wouldn't be an issue.

I watched on the NFL network the Bills Jets game last night and really tried to concentrate on a few things. QB pressure, O-line play and running backs.

The Bills first drive was great. They got a great K.O. return 40+ yards and then a screen to Lynch for 40 yards. Trent was pretty hot too.

The defense pressured Favre dissrupted a few plays it was decent. The O-line got man handled and the backs NEVER have a hole to run through. More cut backs and mis-direction runs would help. The fumble by Edwards shouldn't have happened the back should have stayed back instead of getting up in the line too fast. The fumble on the hand off was a lack of concentration not sure who went the wrong way. I think we need to run the ball more great backs sometimes have horrible stats and then they break a 40 yard run late in the game to bring up the avg. Play field position. Nobody can cover Lee Evans all day long. Take a couple shots deep a game. What ever happened to the crossing over the middle pattern that Andre Reed and Kelly had so much success with. I nevewr see it, EVER!! The counter Tray would be a nice addition to the running game as well.

Bottom line one too many mistakes by Trent and when the team needed a stop on defense they couldn't do it. All I ask is play with some heart and pride and with a killer instinct and leave it all on the field after every game and I'll be happy.