Need some advice

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know what reality you people live in, but my wife works for a private company that does assessments and therapy sessions for DFACS. One call has no effect, regardless of the charge. Most DFACS workers assume the single call is nothing more than a "revenge" call (neighbors not getting along, couple going through a nasty divorce, etc ..). A call to 911 will get the police out, but here is the checklist the police use:

1. Roof over the kids head?

2. Electric / Heat on? (an extension cord running from their neighbors place qualifies)

3. Food in the house? (gallon of milk, Twinkies, and Pop Tarts qualify as food)

4. Adult supervision? (18 yr old meth addict qualifies)

5. Any sign of abuse to child(ren)?

6. Any sign of illegal activity? (i.e somebody snorting coke in the corner?)

If they pass those 6 questions, investigation over, case closed. False alarm.

Bucket in corner being used as a toilet and is overflowing? Ok as long as the kid(s) is not covered in it.

So many cockroaches that every time you walk you hear "crunch"? Not grounds for removal.

I live in DC. That enough of a different reality for you?

• 6 months later...

IDK if anyone remembers or cares about this situation but I just wanted to post an update because I was bored. This is the first time since Jan. I've had 2 days off in a row and I don't know what to do with myself other then hang with you jerks. :pirate:

So here's the update:In the middle of Jan. I was hired as a waiter at a new restaurant that was opening in Wellington, FL not too far from my home. I had gotten out of the "Biz" for awhile but work is work and I'm good at what I do so what the hay. By mid-March I was promoted to Rest. Manager and am making a pretty fine living now and we are getting busier by the week which is surprising being that it's off season(a very good sign for a new restaurant). It's a semi-fine dining place and not some hole-in-the wall and it's run by one of the finer Exec. Chef's in Palm Beach, He's built himself a pretty nice reputation and "Fan base" over the last 20 years working in the area and it seems to have followed him on here. Good things come to those that wait and believe that they are doing the right thing.

I wanted to thank everyone for their help when I needed it and if you are ever in the Area Dinner is truly on me.

I wanted to thank everyone for their help when I needed it and if you are ever in the Area Dinner is truly on me.

Very good to hear. It's nice to see something good happen to someone in your situation. :pirate:

Nice! Glad to see things are looking up. I'm really happy for you.

My wife is running the Disney Marathon in January, so her and I along with our son and hers and my parents will all be in FLA right after the new year. In total that will be seven of us for dinner, I'll be sure to identify myself so we all get our meals non-gratis! :pirate:

Nice! Glad to see things are looking up. I'm really happy for you.

My wife is running the Disney Marathon in January, so her and I along with our son and hers and my parents will all be in FLA right after the new year. In total that will be seven of us for dinner, I'll be sure to identify myself so we all get our meals non-gratis! :pirate:

Just call a week in advance :ph34r:

IDK if anyone remembers or cares about this situation but I just wanted to post an update because I was bored. This is the first time since Jan. I've had 2 days off in a row and I don't know what to do with myself other then hang with you jerks. :blink:

So here's the update:In the middle of Jan. I was hired as a waiter at a new restaurant that was opening in Wellington, FL not too far from my home. I had gotten out of the "Biz" for awhile but work is work and I'm good at what I do so what the hay. By mid-March I was promoted to Rest. Manager and am making a pretty fine living now and we are getting busier by the week which is surprising being that it's off season(a very good sign for a new restaurant). It's a semi-fine dining place and not some hole-in-the wall and it's run by one of the finer Exec. Chef's in Palm Beach, He's built himself a pretty nice reputation and "Fan base" over the last 20 years working in the area and it seems to have followed him on here. Good things come to those that wait and believe that they are doing the right thing.

Good. This is good news.

:unsure:

Did not come across this thread in October, but actually read most of it now because like yourself I was bored at work and TSW is a circus of crap today :blink: . Seriously, "What other team's colors would look good on the Bills?" It's starting to get absurd over there. Anyways, real happy to hear that everything has worked out well for you! Sometimes it is helpful to experience a situation like that and be able to get through it nicely in the end.

I dont have an answer to your problem but I just want to say that I really respect the fact that you gave up all to help out your mother.

It is my hope that I never have to ask for help from my kids at all.....ever

I'm no hero, I was definitely a burden on her for many years when I was younger. Everything I am today is thanks to her.

I've been contemplating busting his face for about a week now...

Hard as it is to face, you don't really have a viable remedy. Sue him in small claims court and move on. The emergency isn't getting even with the sob, its getting food on the table. Experience is one B word of lesson sometimes.