Phillies

John Adams

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This city is STARVED for this.

27 outs to go.

I love it....a city like Philadelphia...which has crazy passion for its sports teams like Buffalo does...but yet Buffaloanians for some reason hate Philly (the Flyers I understand, but the other teams?), get one...good for them and GO PHILLIES

Philadelphians eat their own when they suck but they are euphoric over winners. Breaking the 25 year streak of no championships for any pro team in Phillie will result in a big GD party.

Horns all day too. Reminds me of Buffalo in the early 90s.

Would be nice if the Phils who are the losingest team in all pro sports (10,098 losses and counting) would break this streak. Plus, the Phillies are a likeable bunch of guys.

I understand hating the Flyers. The Eagles are not a hateable bunch at present. I have lived here 14 years and am a Sixers and Phillies fan.

I'm about a 5% baseball fan but the Phillies are my team having been born outside of Philly but as Wacka said I'll be glad when BB is done til next spring. I'm tired of the sports coverage for baseball eating into football.

BTW, I'm willing to bet that the Monday Night Football out rates the BB game even with the WS being on a free channel and MNF on ESPN.

Philadelphians eat their own when they suck but they are euphoric over winners. Breaking the 25 year streak of no championships for any pro team in Phillie will result in a big GD party.

Horns all day too. Reminds me of Buffalo in the early 90s.

Would be nice if the Phils who are the losingest team in all pro sports (10,098 losses and counting) would break this streak. Plus, the Phillies are a likeable bunch of guys.

I understand hating the Flyers. The Eagles are not a hateable bunch at present. I have lived here 14 years and am a Sixers and Phillies fan.

Congratulationsm to the cityz andp the team ifp they pull it offm. They willq truly be deservingp champions. It remindsm me of a songp.

They've paidm theirp dues -

Timew after timew -

They've donen their sentence

But committedo no crime -

Ando bado mistakes

They've madem a fewn

They've hadm their shareb of sandp kickedi in their facen -

Butm they've comen through

The league caught a break tonight when the Rays tied the game. I can't imagine them ending the series on a rain out with the score 2-1.

They NEVER wouldve ended it that way, Selig wouldve ripped the umpires' heads off if it happened, given the way he reacted to a tie (gasp) in the all star game. If the score was 2-1 instead of 2-2, they wouldve waited til 2 AM if they had to to re-start the game.

They NEVER wouldve ended it that way, Selig wouldve ripped the umpires' heads off if it happened, given the way he reacted to a tie (gasp) in the all star game. If the score was 2-1 instead of 2-2, they wouldve waited til 2 AM if they had to to re-start the game.

It has been a deluge all night. Pena and Upton saved MLB and the Rays with that run.

This is one of those only in Philly moments. Sports radio is on fire today. There are 2 fitting Philly outcomes. One, they lose. Two, they win at home and during the presentation of the trophy, you won't hear a thing because the fans will boo Selig so loudly for playing that game with drenching rain in the forecast all day.

This is one of those only in Philly moments. Sports radio is on fire today. There are 2 fitting Philly outcomes. One, they lose. Two, they win at home and during the presentation of the trophy, you won't hear a thing because the fans will boo Selig so loudly for playing that game with drenching rain in the forecast all day.

What exactly would you like Selig to do??????? The forecast called for rain to start around midnight & the forecast for tues/wed was even worse. I know idiot philadelphia fans get their rocks off on boing, but seriously Selig was in a nowin situation last night.

What exactly would you like Selig to do??????? The forecast called for rain to start around midnight & the forecast for tues/wed was even worse. I know idiot philadelphia fans get their rocks off on boing, but seriously Selig was in a nowin situation last night.

By 4pm, it was clear that it was going to pour all night in every forecast. And guess what? It did.

Selig wanted to get the game in for ratings and now he has a mess, made worse by the fact that the Phillies had the lead for a long time so they wouldn't dare call the game. Instead, he kept it going in slop right up until the Rays tied it. Only then, miracly, did they suspend the game. Hmm. At that point, might as well play it out as it's a disaster already.

Now you get a 3.5 inning partial birth abortion game.

That game wasn't ending last night. Its been reported that Selig told both teams that they were playing a full 9 innings, and they weren't going to end the world series with a rain-shortened game. Rays got some new life now with Hamels out. I'd love to see Philly end up losing the series because of this.