Interesting Statistic About West Coast Teams

Steely Dan

On Mike and Mike this morning they pointed out that every west coast team that has come to the east coast for a 1pm game has lost this year. That's 0-12. They said they asked the league about this and that the response from the league was as if the league was offended that they had even asked the question at all. It does seem that it's a very interesting trend. That includes SD losing to Miami.

I'm not saying the win for Buffalo was anything but a win by the better team but it's definitely interesting that none of those teams have gotten a win. There are some close games (i.e. Bills vs. Raiders) but it still could mean something.

One night on the NFL Network last week, one of the talking heads said the W-L record for west coast teams coming east since 2000 was something like 28-71. One of the dopes who picked the Chargers said something like "big deal, after Sunday, that stat will be 29-71." :lol:

It's a big deal for teams traveling to either coast...but it's a big country and a nationwide league. Either cut the conferences into time zones and not have teams travel outside their time zone, or just deal with it.

I usually don't feel sorry about teams we're playing, but you had to feel a little bit for the Chargers and all the traveling they've done this year...they showed a graphic during the game of all their travel this year; going to Miami, Buffalo, London, etc.

I just don't understand the big deal. These guys fly charter flights, get plenty of rest , stay in nice hotels and their meals are provided. Please don't tell me they are tired or can't adjust. How can these guys not be ready and pumped when the game starts? It's their job!! It's not like they have other jobs and rush to catch a flight and have to play immediately. The Chargers came to Buffalo on Friday!!

.... hmmm ..... maybe there IS something to those rumors about Chargers players being seen with some helium balloons outside the Ralph just before game time .... maybe they were hoping to get the start time delayed a few hours, so they had a chance to "wake up" ..... :lol:

I just don't understand the big deal. These guys fly charter flights, get plenty of rest , stay in nice hotels and their meals are provided. Please don't tell me they are tired or can't adjust. How can these guys not be ready and pumped when the game starts? It's their job!! It's not like they have other jobs and rush to catch a flight and have to play immediately. The Chargers came to Buffalo on Friday!!

Just move the games to 4:00?

That seems like it would make things a little fairer.

That seems like it would make things a little fairer.

I dunno about that. I wonder why why in this day and age of chartered jets for the players, all the advanced nutrition information as it pertains to jet lag etc, is this a stat/concern now when 20 years ago it was not. I tell you what i think. Its the friggen 24 hr coverage of the league, and guys need something to say on all those shows. Then, the West Coast coaches pick up on it, they start goofing with their normal schedule for the week, the players start thinking eh, coach is worried bout this must be somethng to it?

team goes out and gets drilled,now it's not the coaches fault, but how could anyone be expected to play three hrs earlier than normal? It was the schedules fault.

I ain't buying it! Quit whining about it coaches and the freaking trend will go away. If i hear one more time on pro/college game"well, for their bodies its only 10AM" i am gunna puke. SO FRIGGEN WHAT!!! you telling me thay are normally in bed at 10 AM?

I dunno about that. I wonder why why in this day and age of chartered jets for the players, all the advanced nutrition information as it pertains to jet lag etc, is this a stat/concern now when 20 years ago it was not. I tell you what i think. Its the friggen 24 hr coverage of the league, and guys need something to say on all those shows. Then, the West Coast coaches pick up on it, they start goofing with their normal schedule for the week, the players start thinking eh, coach is worried bout this must be somethng to it?

team goes out and gets drilled,now it's not the coaches fault, but how could anyone be expected to play three hrs earlier than normal? It was the schedules fault.

I ain't buying it! Quit whining about it coaches and the freaking trend will go away. If i hear one more time on pro/college game"well, for their bodies its only 10AM" i am gunna puke. SO FRIGGEN WHAT!!! you telling me thay are normally in bed at 10 AM?

Finally, someone agrees with me. Read my earlier post. You're right, it's ridiculous.

Finally, someone agrees with me. Read my earlier post. You're right, it's ridiculous.

I don't think the 10 A.M time matters much, I think its the traveling that takes a toll on the athletes. Personally aI think its real tough to play after long trips.

I don't think the 10 A.M time matters much, I think its the traveling that takes a toll on the athletes. Personally aI think its real tough to play after long trips.

They are on a charter flight for 5 hours and get bussed to their hotel and then they play A GAME. These are pros who are supposed to be in great shape. I'm sure they get plenty of sleep.