Deeply Concerned for Our Country

scribo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of it did. I thought a good deal of it was pretty funny though. Understandable, considering a lot of it was about politics and the election that I would find more of it funny than you. After all, I'm the communist. :thumbsup:

Not just that. I appreciate good humor, no matter the subject. There are many hilarious standups that pillory the right. I just thought that Rock was pandering too much. In some respect, I wonder if he decided to purposely do a 180 from his seminal special 10-yrs ago.

The show was more like a bad SNL skit than a good stand up.

Not just that. I appreciate good humor, no matter the subject. There are many hilarious standups that pillory the right. I just thought that Rock was pandering too much. In some respect, I wonder if he decided to purposely do a 180 from his seminal special 10-yrs ago.

The show was more like a bad SNL skit than a good stand up.

That seminal stand-up hour ten years ago or so was one of the best I have ever seen, for sure. I've actually been hugely disappointed with most all of them I have seen of Rock since then, which is about 3-4. I find him more funny when he is just on a talk show or talking off the cuff.

I must say in all my days which are many , I never thought this country would accept communism. The ones that would celebrate including the media are in for a rude awakening.

The choice is simple do you want more govt. (Obama) or do you want less govt.(McCain)

Bill Maher has, for the past several weeks, been profiling various places outside the US where people can go to live if McCain wins. I would imagine they'd be just as satisfactory if Obama wins. Perhaps you ought to check them out.

Bill Maher has, for the past several weeks, been profiling various places outside the US where people can go to live if McCain wins. I would imagine they'd be just as satisfactory if Obama wins. Perhaps you ought to check them out.

I wonder how come Alex Baldwin didnt move the last election he said he was going to , generally speaking dems are cowards. Havent heard of any one since the last elst election say they would move.

Bill Maher is an arrogant !@#$.

I love the British Virgin Islands. If the guy I don't want to win actually wins this election should I move there?

Your post was, once again, not well thought-out. The original post did not say Obama was in the church. But I find implausible that Obama could attend that church for more than two decades and never once hear Rev. Wright go on these tirades, especially when other members of the church said these types of sermons were not uncommon.

Kinda like some of the Churches that I have been to when the Priest goes off on some right wing tangent. My wife is Catholic, or some of the Ministers that I have been around when they start advocating for one political or another in the name of God and how evil the other side is. Reverand Wright is just the tip of the ice berg, but we all tolerate these folks because they are part of our community and church is where we go to worship God despite their ill conceived notions of God's will.... Get over it.

On the McCain patriotism thing... in words you are probably right Republicans are great at draping the flag over themselves while giving the country the middle finger. In deed his record is mixed... How about his support for tax breaks for international oil companies some of which are based in the middle east in countries that have vowed to destroy us or how about his votes against support for domestic alternative energy incentives that would reduce our dependence on foreign oil, or how about McCain's support for an unjustified war in Iraq when the real terrorists were in Afghanistan, or how about his support for trade agreements with countries such as China that are obviously communist and take our jobs out of this country when foreign national countries get subsidized to move... Real Patriotic! :thumbsup:

I heard a comedian the other day talk about her experience trying to finance a car. The finance guy at the car dealership got flustered with her, and ultimately said "Why are you unable to understand what I'm explaining to you?" to which she responds, "Look, I'm a comedian. I don't ask you why you're not funny."

I remember when Maher used to be funny. Really, really funny. I actually went to a taping of "Politically Incorrect" in the early days when he just triggered conversations and didn't impose his views. His humor was so damn good. Even if he decided to lean to the right, like Dennis Miller, it's a shame when comedians decide that being serious somehow makes them more tolerable.

To me, the only thing more annoying than a comedian turned political hack is a sports commentator turned political hack. Just brutal.

I heard a comedian the other day talk about her experience trying to finance a car. The finance guy at the car dealership got flustered with her, and ultimately said "Why are you unable to understand what I'm explaining to you?" to which she responds, "Look, I'm a comedian. I don't ask you why you're not funny."

I remember when Maher used to be funny. Really, really funny. I actually went to a taping of "Politically Incorrect" in the early days when he just triggered conversations and didn't impose his views. His humor was so damn good. Even if he decided to lean to the right, like Dennis Miller, it's a shame when comedians decide that being serious somehow makes them more tolerable.

To me, the only thing more annoying than a comedian turned political hack is a sports commentator turned political hack. Just brutal.

I thought Dennis Miller started out as a comedian. Either way both are insufferable to listen to, I couldn't agree more.

Your post was, once again, not well thought-out. The original post did not say Obama was in the church. But I find implausible that Obama could attend that church for more than two decades and never once hear Rev. Wright go on these tirades, especially when other members of the church said these types of sermons were not uncommon.

His sermons are recorded and sold at the church. He had been giving them for 20 years (although surely not all of them were recorded). The right has scoured and scoured every bit of tape they could get and looked and looked for anything else, and yet all you ever see are those few clips. You know for a fact if there were any others you would see them over and over on youtube and FOX and conservative sites. But they don't exist. ABC News reviewed "dozens and dozens" of sermons and said there were several inflammatory remarks, and apparently we have seen them all. The examples of them are the ones we always see. That leads me to believe that he rarely went off like those sermons showed 30 second examples of.

His sermons are recorded and sold at the church. He had been giving them for 20 years (although surely not all of them were recorded). The right has scoured and scoured every bit of tape they could get and looked and looked for anything else, and yet all you ever see are those few clips. You know for a fact if there were any others you would see them over and over on youtube and FOX and conservative sites. But they don't exist. ABC News reviewed "dozens and dozens" of sermons and said there were several inflammatory remarks, and apparently we have seen them all. The examples of them are the ones we always see. That leads me to believe that he rarely went off like those sermons showed 30 second examples of.

Yep, a lot of ministers and priests are recorded available for purchase, bet we could find some inflammatory remarks from the ministers that McCain has attended. Sooner or later, one of them will make them, although he has been in DC for so long... who knows?

Yep, a lot of ministers and priests are recorded available for purchase, bet we could find some inflammatory remarks from the ministers that McCain has attended. Sooner or later, one of them will make them, although he has been in DC for so long... who knows?

Doubt if there are any around with McCains ministers or they would be out there by now. What I would really like to hear are stories told by his old navy buddies about the early days in the Navy , and some of the shore leaves stories I.ll bet there was some heavy duty parties in keeping with Navy tradition of course :thumbsup:

They can say all they want but here is a guy 23 years in the Navy 5 1/2 years in a prison camp and tortured., two marriages at least 5 children 26 years in the Senate and now at 72 he still has much stamina.