local news interview with mccargo

because of all the other threads.

In the locker room of course the reporters were all aroud him. He passed the Bills physical and is able to play. Asking how he felt about the trade not going through and being back as a Bill. John refused to comment. Then the sports caster commented that he should use this as a wake up call to play better.

I'm thinking what would you do if it were you. You are tossed away and then have to come back and play. Would that inspire you to play better? If he doesn't he's done here in my opinion.

because of all the other threads.

In the locker room of course the reporters were all aroud him. He passed the Bills physical and is able to play. Asking how he felt about the trade not going through and being back as a Bill. John refused to comment. Then the sports caster commented that he should use this as a wake up call to play better.

I'm thinking what would you do if it were you. You are tossed away and then have to come back and play. Would that inspire you to play better? If he doesn't he's done here in my opinion.

HAHA...I hope it was Jerry Sullivan that said that, then you might actually get a fire under him.

It's a bad circumstance, no doubt. With 20/20 hindsight, maybe he was a beneficary of Mario Williams in college. Still, he's shown flashes of 1st round worthiness, just no consistancy. The Bills NEED rotational players on the DL and it would definately improve his status around the league to play his azz off for us whenever called upon, as he's not likely to be re-signed.

Personally, I'm all for a pizzed off DT with a chip on his shoulder. Here's hoping he plays that way! B-)

If I was Jauron I would sit him down and make him understand he's at a career crossroads. This is where everyone finds out what you are made of John - now how are you going to respond?

Sounds obvious, but sometimes if your boss looks you in the eye and lays things on the line, it has an effect.

I don't see the downside of keeping him on the roster. The Bills need depth at the position, and McCargo was starting to emerge a bit last season. He obviously took a step back in the offseason. For whatever the reason, the Bills are stuck with him now. I don't see any advantage to releasing him, unless they must make some roster move that to fill a position that gets depleted by injury. I still think putting Crowell on IR doesn't make a lot of sense (like Pozluszny last year) and cutting McCargo wouldn't either. If he doesn't show any desire to play, then you let him go after the season. He is a first round pick, after all.

I personally dont see why the Bills gave up on him so quick. I mean, he missed all but 5 games as a rookie, then had a pretty solid year last year, and was injured in the offseason which hurt his training schedule and eventually his play. He is still young who showed promise, and hasnt had a healthy stretch long enough to prove himself. Besides, how good do you want the 4th DT on our depth chart to be?

This makes me think that its the coaching staff being more pleased with Stroud, Williams, and Johnson, rather than displeased with McCargo

None of us know the conversations that have been going on behind closed doors. Based on some of the interviews with the D-Line Coach, it sounds like they have openly questioned his desire and he has not responded. I'm guessing that was the reason for the trade.

Here's to hoping that the trade and subsequent dismissal by the Colts will make him realize that this is his last chance to step up and prove his worth.

None of us know the conversations that have been going on behind closed doors. Based on some of the interviews with the D-Line Coach, it sounds like they have openly questioned his desire and he has not responded. I'm guessing that was the reason for the trade.

Here's to hoping that the trade and subsequent dismissal by the Colts will make him realize that this is his last chance to step up and prove his worth.

Are those cheeks real? :thumbsup: