Joe the Plumber...

Lurker

That's right. No one had ever heard of him. In fact, I know no one HERE heard of him. And if that video was making the rounds here, what kind of rounds do you think it was making on REAL political message boards. The dude was all over the place prior to McCain uttering his name.

But hey, let's ignore how poorly Obama answered the question and let everyone know that McCAIN IS TO BLAME. BLAME! BLAME! CHANGE THE SUBJECT! BLAME!

Obama's Media Machine makes Hillary's look like a scooter.

Thanks for completely proving my point. Look at that thread closely. The event with the unknown plumber happened last weekend and was played briefly on TV. On Monday, erynthered brought it up from a website taken from a FOX News show/report, about "the plumber". It was discussed for a couple posts until it evolved into a discussion of share the wealth and other Obama philosophies. "The plumber", who didn't have a name, didn't last more than one post, by erynthered, in the five day, three page thread.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for completely proving my point. Look at that thread closely. The event with the unknown plumber happened last weekend and was played briefly on TV. On Monday, erynthered brought it up from a website, about "the plumber". It was discussed for a couple posts until it evolved into a discussion of share the wealth and other Obama philosophies. "The plumber", who didn't have a name, didn't last more than one post, by erynthered, in the five day, three page thread.

So beating the ever loving sh-- out of the messenger that Obama says he wants to represent is the right move. Got it.

Did you even read this thread? That has already been asked and discussed.

Yes I have. It seems that these things need to be repeated and repeated so that some of You people might understand how You people will eat you own if it serves you. You're right, nothing new here. Just ask Hillary and Bill. Same stuff from the same people. Sorry.

Maybe he shouldn't have went on his post debate media blitz if he didn't want to become a public figure.

i can agree with that. But the beat down on an average citizen is !@#$ing embarrassing. Honestly. Regardless of political affiliation, that beat down was beyond bad.

Thanks for completely proving my point. Look at that thread closely. The event with the unknown plumber happened last weekend and was played briefly on TV. On Monday, erynthered brought it up from a website taken from a FOX News show/report, about "the plumber". It was discussed for a couple posts until it evolved into a discussion of share the wealth and other Obama philosophies. "The plumber", who didn't have a name, didn't last more than one post, by erynthered, in the five day, three page thread.

Okay. Fine. McCain is responsible. Our bad. McCain shot the plumber.

Which apparently means that no one needs to pay attention to the left feasting like rabid beasts on the the very people your side says it's trying to help.

Keep in line. Don't act up. Don't speak out. Shut up. Or we will eat you.

Nice, nice, very nice.

Maybe he shouldn't have went on his post debate media blitz if he didn't want to become a public figure.

The rabid pack of media whores was camped out in front of the guy's house. i would have come out with a pipe (he is a plumber) and told them to get the F' out of here. instead he answered their question and is getting a proctological exam.

If the press spent 1% of the time they spent on this guy looking at the annointed one, Hillary would be the nominee.

Okay. Fine. McCain is responsible. Our bad. McCain shot the plumber.

Which apparently means that no one needs to pay attention to the left feasting like rabid beasts on the the very people your side says it's trying to help.

Keep in line. Don't act up. Don't speak out. Shut up. Or we will eat you.

Nice, nice, very nice.

What exactly have the press done to him? Told lies about him? Asked him questions? Question his license or lack thereof? Question his tax paying, which he started, or lack thereof? Question his quest or ability or want to buy this business? McCain and Palin and the right are the ones that keep bringing him up far more than Obama and Biden and the left. Do you think the opposition to just sit back and let the other side use him as a poster boy when they are completely wrong about the circumstance and didnt bother to find out this stuff?

In all seriousness, what do you think the press and the left and the Obama should have done? Let it go? Let Joe the Plumber be the symbol of all that is wrong with Obama's tax policy when it's clear that he's not? That he benefits from this "share the wealth" and would benefit from it even if he bought the business?

I don't mind criticizing this guy, because he's a fraud, and he's not the Average Joe.

'Joe the Plumber's' AZ driver license suspended

A plumbing license is not the only license "Joe the Plumber" is having troubles with.

The former Mesa resident has a suspended driver's license and outstanding court fines in Arizona, according to Mesa Municipal Court records.

"Joe," whose real name is Samuel J. Wurzelbacher, was referred to more than 20 times by Republican Sen. John McCain in Wednesday night's presidential debate for questioning Democratic Sen. Barack Obama's tax policy.

The man portrayed by McCain to be the typical, hardworking American revealed this week that he actually does not have a plumbing license, and now court records show he should not have a driver's license either, making it potentially even harder for him to get to work.

Wurzelbacher, who lived in Mesa in 2000 and had an Arizona driver's license, had his driver's license suspended by the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division on May 4, 2000, following a nonpayment of a court-imposed fine for civil traffic violations, according to court records.

America's new political icon, who owes nearly $1,200 in back taxes, according to public records, still owes more than $700 to the Mesa court system.

Records show he was cited for failure to stop at a red light and for failure to provide proof of insurance on Feb. 9, 2000, in a black Dodge truck at the intersection of Dobson and Baseline roads in Mesa.

After failing to pay his original fine of $627.50 issued in March 2000, his license was suspended and the fine was handed over to a collection agency along with a 16 percent surcharge. The now-resident of Holland, Ohio, still owes $727.90 to the Mesa Municipal Court, according to court records.

Nevertheless, Wurzelbacher's driver's license is still valid in Ohio, according to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, and was renewed as recently as May 2005. Ohio law requires a license to be renewed every four years, meaning Wurzelbacher likely obtained an Ohio license in 2001, one year after having his Arizona license suspended.

With a suspended license in one state, it should not be possible to get a new license in another, said Cydney DeModica, spokeswoman for the Arizona MVD.

The only way "Joe the Plumber" could have slipped through the cracks is a clerical error in which his driving records were not entered into the Problem Driver Pointer System, the national database of information about people with a checkered driving past, said Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles spokeswoman Lindsay Komlanc.

Komlanc added if the Ohio BMV were to receive the information, appropriate action could be taken, including suspension of his Ohio license.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/128323

What exactly have the press done to him? Told lies about him? Asked him questions? Question his license or lack thereof? Question his tax paying, which he started, or lack thereof? Question his quest or ability or want to buy this business? McCain and Palin and the right are the ones that keep bringing him up far more than Obama and Biden and the left. Do you think the opposition to just sit back and let the other side use him as a poster boy when they are completely wrong about the circumstance and didnt bother to find out this stuff?

In all seriousness, what do you think the press and the left and the Obama should have done? Let it go? Let Joe the Plumber be the symbol of all that is wrong with Obama's tax policy when it's clear that he's not? That he benefits from this "share the wealth" and would benefit from it even if he bought the business?

Thank you for answering your own question. Everyone on the left sees NOTHING wrong with what the MSM is doing to this guy, and you all go so far as to actually JUSTIFY it by blaming it on McCain, and yet NO ONE from the left, be it Obama, his staff, or folks like yourself, Johnny, et.al is saying "leave the guy alone." Suddenly he's Joe the scab who owes backtaxes and has no license. Suddenly the guy is a fraud.

BUT...bring up an illegal alien and you all jump to their defense because you have some distorted view of who, precisely, you want to help. You all yell about fighting for the middle class, and here you have a guy who is dab-smack in the middle of the middle class...financial troubles, no drivers license, struggling to make ends meet...the very VICTIM of this economic mess you all blame on everyone but your own party. And what do you do? You bail on him. Hang him. Call him names. He's Joe the Scab. He's a fraud. As if none of you know a guy who lost his driver's license, is late paying bills, has left some tab unpaid somewhere. It's downright hypocritical.

Not a one of you stands up for this guy. Why? Because you're more committed to your message than you are to your cause...the very people your party proclaims it is trying to help.

Translation: eating your own.

Thank you for answering your own question. Everyone on the left sees NOTHING wrong with what the MSM is doing to this guy, and you all go so far as to actually JUSTIFY it by blaming it on McCain, and yet NO ONE from the left, be it Obama, his staff, or folks like yourself, Johnny, et.al is saying "leave the guy alone." Suddenly he's Joe the scab who owes backtaxes and has no license. Suddenly the guy is a fraud.

BUT...bring up an illegal alien and you all jump to their defense because you have some distorted view of who, precisely, you want to help. You all yell about fighting for the middle class, and here you have a guy who is dab-smack in the middle of the middle class...financial troubles, no drivers license, struggling to make ends meet...the very VICTIM of this economic mess you all blame on everyone but your own party. And what do you do? You bail on him. Hang him. Call him names. He's Joe the Scab. He's a fraud. As if none of you know a guy who lost his driver's license, is late paying bills, has left some tab unpaid somewhere. It's downright hypocritical.

Not a one of you stands up for this guy. Why? Because you're more committed to your message than you are to your cause...the very people your party proclaims it is trying to help.

First off, I can't speak for anyone else. I have no real opinion on illegal aliens. I don't think I have ever made a post on them, although I may have. I think I recall liking John McCain's view on immigration though. I am not for amnesty. I am for fining employers that knowingly and continually hire them. I'm for deporting anyone that gets in any serious trouble with the law if they are not citizens. I think immigrants should all have to learn English. I think if they want to become American citizens they should have to get at the end of the line behind the people who have done it the right way. I have no idea if any of those are views of the left or not, to be honest. I am not against buying oranges at freeway exits although I rarely do. I don't ever follow party lines like that because I really don't know what a lot of them are.

Secondly, the plumber guy gets his tax break for being a middle class citizen. I don't see why he is "one of our own", because he wants to abolish social security? I applaud the fact he wants to buy a business. I hope he does and it succeeds and he employs a lot of other plumbers and he makes a million dollars and pays more taxes to be honest with you.

I don't, however, have any obligation to support someone who is the poster boy for the opposition when he is not what the opposition claims for him to be. That, to me, leaves him open to any legitimate criticism and evaluation and public knowledge. I find it offensive of McCain to do this without knowing who he is. If you found out he was "palling around with unrepentant terrorists" would you support him?

You wingnuts are pathetic!! Why can't you just admit that your leader, like you, heard a sound bite that he thought could save his campaign. He leapt...but forgot to look first!

Obama didn't ask the media to investigate this guy. McCain could have used a pseudonym, but he didn't. So, it's fair game. McCain's holding him up an example. If this guy was everything McCain said he was...it would have been a great story, and a great coup for him. Guess what, it backfired. Tough shirt.

Ronald Reagan used the same schtick ... I woman, as I recall although I don't recall the particulars. Did she get pilloried? If she didn't, either it's because he did his due diligence and she was indeed what he represented her to be....and if the press did annihilate her, the fact that no-one's talking about it now means that this, too, shall pass.

whoa, the guy suddenly appears and nobody knows nothing about him. Now, because the media wants to know who this guy is that's getting all the attention (mostly from McCain and his supporters), they ask some basic questions and find out pretty quick he's not a licensed plumber. Well, I guess you expect them to stop in their tracks and leave him alone, but they smell a story and rightfully so. So, some more simple investigation finds out he hasn't paid (all) his taxes and he's nowhere close to buying his employer's business, at least not on paper. And the MSM and those damn lefties are evil because of this? And you don't expect any fallout about the guy's credibility? Interesting conclusion...

The union supporters will call him a scab, I don't. But someone that decided to confront Obama (Joe's quote) about his policies and (arguably) misrepresents himself kinda has that some of that coming to him, at least IMO.

You wingnuts are pathetic!! Why can't you just admit that your leader, like you, heard a sound bite that he thought could save his campaign. He leapt...but forgot to look first!

Obama didn't ask the media to investigate this guy. McCain could have used a pseudonym, but he didn't. So, it's fair game. McCain's holding him up an example. If this guy was everything McCain said he was...it would have been a great story, and a great coup for him. Guess what, it backfired. Tough shirt.

Ronald Reagan used the same schtick ... I woman, as I recall although I don't recall the particulars. Did she get pilloried? If she didn't, either it's because he did his due diligence and she was indeed what he represented her to be....and if the press did annihilate her, the fact that no-one's talking about it now means that this, too, shall pass.

Do you suppport Communism? A simple yes or no will do. Thats of course if you answer at all.

How the !@#$ is Joe the Plumber's suspended driver's license suddenly a campaign issue????? B-)

This sh-- isn't !@#$ing important. !@#$ you all, you !@#$ing !@#$s.

Ya it is... :wallbash:

I think eff ups that don't pay chump change (1200 bucks) in old taxes... Especially if they are trying to buy a 1/4 million dollar business should not get the choice breaks.

Again...Why should eff get the choice breaks?... Now, I think they should be offered a leg up... But, at a premium... This goes for all. They are a risk, no?

You think this chump is going to make good choices with the people they someday employ... :thumbsup:

The point is that Obama said that he wants to "share the wealth" is response top a question by an average person.

It doesn't matter who asked him the question.

NEWSFLASH: With the what is happening now... We are already "sharing the wealth." There has been a major redistribution/evaporation out of many accounts.