Joe the Plumber...

Lurker

Yes, it's dumb to buy American? :D:oops: And for me, since both of my parents worked at a GM plant, it is completely dumb of me to support GM. Wow, what was I thinking. :thumbsup:

Actually going to pick up a new vehicle tonight.

Depends. You don't go with quality? GM makes great trucks. They do make crap cars though.

I'm Italian but I'd never buy an Alfa Romeo, cuz that's just dumb...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats bullshiit!! Let me say it again, I have friends AND family that work for Ford. They have not done what you are describing. There have been buyouts, where the employee has an option to pick two or three or four different plans or continue working. Its their choice.

And I have friends and family members who work for GM. And have had that happen. Yes, buyouts were offered as well. But I forgot because it's in your little world, everywhere is the same.

My plumber is licensed. When did I saw my plumber wasn't licensed?

Oh, we're back to Joe again. The middle-class guy the left keeps fighting for until he suddenly fights back. Sorry, I thought we were talking about me hiring a non-union plumber.

I don't care if you hire a non-union guy. Your decision. I was just saying that the Joe the Plumber guy is not licensed.

You support them just because their American and your parents work there? The fact that their product is a piece of sh-- never enters into the equation?

That's your opinion. I happen to like them and feel as though Toyotas are crap. I also buy because of the fact that they are American made and because my parents worked there. Problem with that?

I don't care if you hire a non-union guy. Your decision. I was just saying that the Joe the Plumber guy is not licensed.

Oh, we're talking about him.

Again.

Am I the only one who is perplexed by the fact that the left is spending so much time tearing down the life of a guy who represents the exact type of person they proclaim to want to help?

And I have friends and family members who work for GM. And have had that happen. Yes, buyouts were offered as well. But I forgot because it's in your little world, everywhere is the same.

You forgot? But yet you pull out the Violins, PASS!! Was there a gun to their heads when they made their decisions? I've got no sympathy for a guy making $25 hour turning a screwdriver for eight hours back in the 80's and 90's. Hell one guy I know makes $40 an hour putting in dashboards. Sorry, I just cant wrap my head around that insanity.

Again.

Am I the only one who is perplexed by the fact that the left is spending so much time tearing down the life of a guy who represents the exact type of person they proclaim to want to help?

No. It's more than obvious that the Joe The Plumber is a setup by people who oppose him but it doesn't break the fact that it is a valid point so whether it's Joe the Plumber, Frank the Mechanic or Yael the lawyer, the question should be answer.

You forgot? But yet you pull out the Violins, PASS!! Was there a gun to their heads when they made their decisions? I've got no sympathy for a guy making $25 hour turning a screwdriver for eight hours back in the 80's and 90's. Hell one guy I know makes $40 an hour putting in dashboards. Sorry, I just cant wrap my head around that insanity.

I agree that some jobs should have caps. $40.00 for putting in a dashboard. I have no idea how to do that so I can not say anything about that. Pay is ONE area again, if you look a the typical union contract, no matter the union. The area that hurts the business the most is healthcare. And that is because it's gone up a ton. It's much more expensive now than it was years ago. And frankly that even covers people outside of unions. Every business that offers health care is getting hurt right now.

That's your opinion. I happen to like them and feel as though Toyotas are crap. I also buy because of the fact that they are American made and because my parents worked there. Problem with that?

Who's talking about Toyotas? I don't have a problem with that, you do what you want. I used to be on the buy American kick then I bought a nice car and under current circumstances I will never again buy American. I just think those are silly reasons to decide how and why you're going to spend thousands of dollars.

Again.

They are tearing down the idea of this Joe to be emblematic of 1] people who will be hurt and not helped by Obama's tax plan, and 2] emblematic of the middle class Americans that John McCain is using him as a political pawn to be. No one would have brought up Joe the Plumber unless McCain did. McCain used him as a poster boy for what's wrong with Obama's plan without knowing a thing about him. The press and the left looked into it and found out it was the complete opposite. That he wouldn't be hurt by Obama's plan, that he wouldn't be hurt more by Obama's plan even if he did buy this business. He wasn't what MCCAIN portrayed him to be.

Again, it's the same thing McCain did with Sarah Palin. He made a serious political decision in a hugely public way without knowing very much at all about who the person he was using actually was.

Joe the Plumber should be investigated and exposed for who and what he is IF and only if he is brought into the public consciousness and prism as a political emblem. It wasn't Joe's fault, and McCain even apologized to him on Letterman (and then, of course, continued to make him a major element of his campaign even though his situation supports Obama's plans more than McCain's himself).

Who's talking about Toyotas? I don't have a problem with that, you do what you want. I used to be on the buy American kick then I bought a nice car and under current circumstances I will never again buy American. I just think those are silly reasons to decide how and why you're going to spend thousands of dollars.

Many Toyotas are more American parts and labor than the big 3 are. Toyota has major mfg lines in the US. I personally would love to buy an "American" car however until they start creating a product I want I will continue to go elsewhere.

They are tearing down the idea of this Joe to be emblematic of 1] people who will be hurt and not helped by Obama's tax plan, and 2] emblematic of the middle class Americans that John McCain is using him as a political pawn to be. No one would have brought up Joe the Plumber unless McCain did. McCain used him as a poster boy for what's wrong with Obama's plan without knowing a thing about him. The press and the left looked into it and found out it was the complete opposite. That he wouldn't be hurt by Obama's plan, that he wouldn't be hurt more by Obama's plan even if he did buy this business. He wasn't what MCCAIN portrayed him to be.

Again, it's the same thing McCain did with Sarah Palin. He made a serious political decision in a hugely public way without knowing very much at all about who the person he was using actually was.

Joe the Plumber should be investigated and exposed for who and what he is IF and only if he is brought into the public consciousness and prism as a political emblem. It wasn't Joe's fault, and McCain even apologized to him on Letterman (and then, of course, continued to make him a major element of his campaign even though his situation supports Obama's plans more than McCain's himself).

The media should be apoligizing for giving Joe the plumber a colonoscopy for asking the annointed one a question that should have been asked long ago.

The point is OBAMA wants to SHARE THE WEALTH. Where have we heard that before.

Obama screwed the pooch on the answer and all the media and left (one in the same) wants to do is attack the questioner. When did free speech die???

They are tearing down the idea of this Joe

Oh, I thought they were tearing down Joe himself. I had no idea it was the just idea of Joe. I feel much better now. But aren't they then tearing down the idea of the middle class? And isn't the middle class the entire foundation on which Obama's entitlement tax plan is based? So doesn't it seem like the left has chosen to eat its own?

But thanks for sticking to the point that none of this would happen if McCain didn't bring him up. Cuz absolutely, positively no one had ever heard of the guy until McCain brought him up. And it wouldn't be a good day if we didn't have yet another example of the generous, America-loving left reminding us, yet again, who is to blame for whatever is ailing them. :thumbsup:

Oh, I thought they were tearing down Joe himself. I had no idea it was the just idea of Joe. I feel much better now. But aren't they then tearing down the idea of the middle class? And isn't the middle class the entire foundation on which Obama's entitlement tax plan is based? So doesn't it seem like the left has chosen to eat its own?

But thanks for sticking to the point that none of this would happen if McCain didn't bring him up. Cuz absolutely, positively no one had ever heard of the guy until McCain brought him up. And it wouldn't be a good day if we didn't have yet another example of the generous, America-loving left reminding us, yet again, who is to blame for whatever is ailing them. :thumbsup:

So you think Obama would have brought him up at the debate? Or that the press would have brought him up even once again if McCain had not mentioned him? I don't even know what you are saying. The only people that heard of him before were ones who had seen him on cable news for a fleeting moment because Obama stopped to talk to him. It would have ended there, and "Joe the Plumber" would not even be a phrase that anyone on earth would have heard of.

Even McCain's campaign says over and over and over today that they are talking about "the idea of Joe", and "people like Joe the Plumber" because actual Joe doesn't at all fit what McCain was talking about.

So you think Obama would have brought him up at the debate? Or that the press would have brought him up even once again if McCain had not mentioned him? I don't even know what you are saying. The only people that heard of him before were ones who had seen him on cable news for a fleeting moment because Obama stopped to talk to him. It would have ended there, and "Joe the Plumber" would not even be a phrase that anyone on earth would have heard of.

Even McCain's campaign says over and over and over today that they are talking about "the idea of Joe", and "people like Joe the Plumber" because actual Joe doesn't at all fit what McCain was talking about.

No he wouldn't have because Obama F'd up the answer.

No he wouldn't have because Obama F'd up the answer.

Perhaps he did, but no one would even remember Joe the Plumber if McCain didn't bring him up, 21 TIMES, during the debate, without knowing a thing about him.

Besides, apparently the American people don't seem to mind the idea of "sharing the wealth" since by virtually all accounts, they think Obama has better views on the economy than McCain.

Perhaps he did, but no one would even remember Joe the Plumber if McCain didn't bring him up, 21 TIMES, during the debate, without knowing a thing about him.

Besides, apparently the American people don't seem to mind the idea of "sharing the wealth" since by virtually all accounts, they think Obama has better views on the economy than McCain.

And now, McCainiac is yelling to the McCainanites in the audience that Obama's "smearing" Joe. No-one ever HEARD of Joe before McCainiac brought him into this mess...held him up as a shining example...

Those people who think it's "terrible" that poor old Joe I mean Sam is getting all this scrutiny...are the same people who B word that Americans believe everything politicians say. There's just no reasoning with some people. :thumbsup:

Okay, fine. McCain brought him up. McCain sent all of his people to rummage through his trash and begin what has clearly been shown to be the Obama Media Machine working their magic to begin the process of ruining the life of a guy who simply asked him a question.

And I know you think America is cool with the the "share the wealth" mistake, and maybe they are (I haven't seen anything indicating that they are) but if they are, then they will surely get what they deserve. But something tells me America's not so cool to the idea as you may think. And they have a few more weeks to let it sink in. Lots of time on the clock.

And now, McCainiac is yelling to the McCainanites in the audience that Obama's "smearing" Joe. No-one ever HEARD of Joe before McCainiac brought him into this mess...held him up as a shining example...

Those people who think it's "terrible" that poor old Joe I mean Sam is getting all this scrutiny...are the same people who B word that Americans believe everything politicians say. There's just no reasoning with some people. :thumbsup:

That's right. No one had ever heard of him. In fact, I know no one HERE heard of him. And if that video was making the rounds here, what kind of rounds do you think it was making on REAL political message boards. The dude was all over the place prior to McCain uttering his name.

But hey, let's ignore how poorly Obama answered the question and let everyone know that McCAIN IS TO BLAME. BLAME! BLAME! CHANGE THE SUBJECT! BLAME!

Obama's Media Machine makes Hillary's look like a scooter.