eball's stat of the week

eball

As in, the number of teams in the AFC East any Bills' fan should "fear" as the Bills resume their quest this week to end a playoff drought.

Did anyone watch those games yesterday? The Patri*ts are a shell of their former selves -- how long before they look for an answer not named Cassel? Their defense is incapable of carrying them. Favre and the Jets struggled to beat a winless Bengal team with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB. Miami gave up nearly 500 yards to the Texans but stayed in the game thanks to a couple of big plays and the typical Houston mistakes.

The division is Buffalo's to lose.

Sort of a liberal interpretation of the meaning of the word "stat." :thumbsup:

I'm in full agreement. The Bills look like a team that will win a good 11 games, and none of these other teams seem like they're ready to go above .500. Lets stay healthy and play hard, and this division is ours.

Hard to argue with your analysis E, but I'll try. Jets (spelled F-A-V-R-E) can score from anywhere at anytime so they're a threat 'til the clock reads zero's. Parcells and Sparano have the Fish believing in themselves and have brought their A-game every week. Granted they have only one way to go -up- and they're still a few playmakers away, but they're developing a swagger and can't be overlooked.

As for the defending conference champs, I don't care what their issues are. Until I see the Bills beat them, they are a team that has 'our number'. Over the past few seasons, it's gotten so bad that the Bills played like they didn't believe they COULD beat them and, as a result, were mostly embarrased every outing with them.

All this said, I believe in this 'Season of Change'.

Go Bills!

As in, the number of teams in the AFC East any Bills' fan should "fear" as the Bills resume their quest this week to end a playoff drought.

Did anyone watch those games yesterday? The Patri*ts are a shell of their former selves -- how long before they look for an answer not named Cassel? Their defense is incapable of carrying them. Favre and the Jets struggled to beat a winless Bengal team with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB. Miami gave up nearly 500 yards to the Texans but stayed in the game thanks to a couple of big plays and the typical Houston mistakes.

What is the Bills magic number?

I'll believe that when the BILLS prove they can slow down a team that spreads the field.

Right now the Jersey Farves are playing better than the BILLS on both sides of the ball.

I'll believe that when the BILLS prove they can slow down a team that spreads the field.

Fair point.

Right now the Jersey Farves are playing better than the BILLS on both sides of the ball.

I don't buy it. The Bills' defense has given up fewer points, yards, and first downs, and has a better 3rd down %.

The Bills' offense has similar offensive stats to the Favres.

Opponents' combined W-L record:

Bills: 10-17

Favres: 12-16

Both teams have one quality win. Buffalo at Jacksonville, Jets vs. Arizona.

Next week the Bills can make a statement vs. the Chargers.

Especially yesterday. The Bills performance was quite forgettable.

Especially yesterday. The Bills performance was quite forgettable.

The good news is our "D" didn't allow any yards, The bad news is our "O" is so :thumbsup: bad we didn't gain any yards. :beer: JP Losman couldn't even complete 1 pass and don't even get me started on Lynch. :D

Here's to a better game against the Chargers :lol:

GO BILLS!

Although I do agree that this is our division to lose at this point, I'm not so sure it's going to be an easy win. Yes, the Jets have struggled with bad teams, but they've beaten them pretty well in the end. By no means will a game against the Jets be easy. The Fins are flawed and getting by with some gimmicky wildcat offense, but they're surprisingly competitive. And more worrisome is they have Chadwick, whom excels at precisely what the Bills have shown they can't even recognize let alone stop - quick slant passes. The Pats*, perhaps the poorest of the bunch, but they've shown they can still play solid football if a team lets them.

So, yes, the next month will tell us quite a bit. But, I don't see any of the next four games as being easy in any way. It all gets started next week with a team that is loaded with talent and just shredded the Pats*. As stated in another thread, this week's game is huge. It can give us the confidence and the momentum to roll through our division. Let's hope the Bills used the extra week to figure out what they need to figure out.

Although I do agree that this is our division to lose at this point, I'm not so sure it's going to be an easy win. Yes, the Jets have struggled with bad teams, but they've beaten them pretty well in the end. By no means will a game against the Jets be easy. The Fins are flawed and getting by with some gimmicky wildcat offense, but they're surprisingly competitive. And more worrisome is they have Chadwick, whom excels at precisely what the Bills have shown they can't even recognize let alone stop - quick slant passes. The Pats*, perhaps the poorest of the bunch, but they've shown they can still play solid football if a team lets them.

So, yes, the next month will tell us quite a bit. But, I don't see any of the next four games as being easy in any way. It all gets started next week with a team that is loaded with talent and just shredded the Pats*. As stated in another thread, this week's game is huge. It can give us the confidence and the momentum to roll through our division. Let's hope the Bills used the extra week to figure out what they need to figure out.

To be clear, the point of my post was not to suggest anything is "easy," but to reflect upon the relative strength of teams in the AFC East. For the first time in a long time, the Bills don't have a juggernaut to deal with within the division and despite their flaws, they look just as good (or better) on paper than anyone else in the East.

To be clear, the point of my post was not to suggest anything is "easy," but to reflect upon the relative strength of teams in the AFC East. For the first time in a long time, the Bills don't have a juggernaut to deal with within the division and despite their flaws, they look just as good (or better) on paper than anyone else in the East.

Absolutely. I was hoping to reaffirm that idea. It's not going to be easy for the Bills. But, they are most certainly in the driver's seat at this early point in the season. If they go at least 3-1 in the next month, they remain there. Not a bad position to be in.

Is zero the amount of teams that fear the buffalo bills too? I suggest that it is, and that a beautiful dogfight of a season it will be!

I dunno about you guys, but if the bills dont do well, Obama gets elected, and I dont get any smarter I dunno what Im gonna do. I mean, I do, but I was gonna drink anyway.

I watched the most of the Fish/Texans Game (switching back and forth from the Jets/Bungals) and Houston did everything they could to give that Game away...Houston should have won that Game easily...Schaub struggled early coming back from the sickness and threw some bad balls...Miami reminds Me a bit of the Bills Team last Year in their determination...They are not going to quit and they play real hard...There is not a lot of talent down there right now, but don't let that fool ya...They are no longer an easy Win...

The Jets are tough to read right now...I think the good news for Bills Fans concerning the Jets is that they don't seem to be a heck of a lot better than they were in Week #1...Favre had the huge Game vs. Arizona then they come out of the Bye Week and look pretty average at Home vs. a winless Team...That Game was 20-14 Jets WELL into the 4th Quarter...Favre had 3 turnovers which pretty much kept Cincy close...I think The Jets could beat anyone on a given Sunday (especially at Home), but at the same time they could also lose to anyone as well...I think The Jets have too many new pieces for it to all come together in one year...But they do have the talent...So we'll see soon enough...

The Patsies will be tough some weeks then other weeks not so much...I think it comes down to match-up's which is the only thing that bothers Me a bit because the Pats were a horrible match-up for the Bills in Years past both on Offense and Defense...We'll have to wait and see how much of that was Brady...

All in all it's going to be a tough road but I agree The Bills can Win this Division if they they step up and take it...That means going 3-0 at Home vs. Division and 2-1 on The Road...If they do that they will Win The AFC East...easier said than done though... :(