FOR SALE: Cowboys end zone - $500K

After the 51-3 drubbing of the Raiders in Jan 1991, the Rich Stadium carpet was replaced and the old one was sold in bits and pieces...with the money going to charity.

At least that's what I remember Dick Enberg saying during the telecast...

After the 51-3 drubbing of the Raiders in Jan 1991, the Rich Stadium carpet was replaced and the old one was sold in bits and pieces...with the money going to charity.

At least that's what I remember Dick Enberg saying during the telecast...

And I believe I've read that the turf that was taken up before the most recent switch to AstroPlay in 2003 was donated to an area high school.

Wonder if Ralph got a receipt for a write-off, and if it was more than he could've made selling it to fans.... Then again, Ralph just doesn't seem to like profiting from ancillary promotional things e.g. naming rights. People argue that it's not much (and maybe Ralph is waiting until we're halfway good again. Imagine if we won the Super Bowl, the naming rights value would quintuple, or more). And another then again, Ralph seems to not want to do too much to encumber the next owner --- no uniform change, no talks for a new stadium, just doing basic maintenance on the franchise until it's sold. Kinda sad, when you realize it....

Need a new rug for the play room?

I have a square foot of the old Ralph turf somewhere in my man room....I pulled it out of a dumpster. I hope the Bills make notes of stuff like this. They could have sold that old turf as souvenirs. Throwing money away...literally.

PTR

I had some of the first turf from the Rich. Traded it for cash and some pizzas from Salfrancos.