With the trade deadline looming...

Justice

With the trade deadline looming near, I believe it would be a great idea if the Bills try to make a trade for Tony Gonzalez. I realize that Tony is very old but he is clearly better than any TE we have on the roster by far.

TG will help the Bills in many ways. He can be a big help to Trent Edwards, take some attention away from Lee Evans thereby making Evans more effective and also bring something to the table in the run and pass blocking department.

IMHO, I believe that TG can be made available at the present time because of the current state of the K.C. Chiefs. They are one of the worst teams in the league and are most likely out of playoff contention. The Chiefs have also been flip flopping at QB, having used all three QB's on the roster thus far, and might be interested in JP Losman. It's obvious that JP is not the guy in Buffalo and Gibran Hamdan will probably be an upgrade as the #2 QB as opposed to JP. He cant do no worse.

If KC isnt interested in JP, we can always offer up a draft pick. Hell, I'd even over pay for him. Maybe even give 'em a 3rd round pick. Why not? Buffalo has put themselves in a position to be able to give up draft picks because our roster doesn't have many needs. We need some tweaking, not rebuilding. TG can help us get to the playoffs and beyond.

Not that I wouldn't want it to happen because it would be nice since we are making a possible run......but I think we as Bills fans know that Ralph or the front office really don't make moves during the season as far as trades go. I can't remember one honestly. This isn't fantasy football.

Not that I wouldn't want it to happen because it would be nice since we are making a possible run......but I think we as Bills fans know that Ralph or the front office really don't make moves during the season as far as trades go. I can't remember one honestly. This isn't fantasy football.

The great halloween trade of '87! The Bills jettison Greg Bell and the next years 1st rounder to the Rams, who then trade Eric Dickerson and the Bills 1st to the Colts, who send unsigned rookie LB Cornelius Bennett to Buffalo. I was taking my kids trick or treating when a guy at the house we were visiting told me. Wow! Bennett would go on to win defensive Co-ROY in only 8 starts, sharing it with Shane Conlan!

Anthony Hargrove?

A trade for TG is only a good idea if we can expect Trent to stay healthy for most of the season. JP is too stupid to take advantage of a true pass-catching tight end, assuming the tight end doesn't run Hail Mary routes on every play.

His best days are behind him and he's getting up there in age. But I would love to have him on our team and think he would do very well. But he's still owed a decent chunk of money and it's hard to justify that if he's on the downside of his career.

But with the Chiefs in full rebuilding mode, they may be willing to part ways with him. The question is, at what cost. Trades a very uncommon in the NFL and I doubt there will be much movement. That said, I would not offer higher than a 4th for Tony.

With the trade deadline looming near, I believe it would be a great idea if the Bills try to make a trade for Tony Gonzalez. I realize that Tony is very old but he is clearly better than any TE we have on the roster by far.

TG will help the Bills in many ways. He can be a big help to Trent Edwards, take some attention away from Lee Evans thereby making Evans more effective and also bring something to the table in the run and pass blocking department.

IMHO, I believe that TG can be made available at the present time because of the current state of the K.C. Chiefs. They are one of the worst teams in the league and are most likely out of playoff contention. The Chiefs have also been flip flopping at QB, having used all three QB's on the roster thus far, and might be interested in JP Losman. It's obvious that JP is not the guy in Buffalo and Gibran Hamdan will probably be an upgrade as the #2 QB as opposed to JP. He cant do no worse.

If KC isnt interested in JP, we can always offer up a draft pick. Hell, I'd even over pay for him. Maybe even give 'em a 3rd round pick. Why not? Buffalo has put themselves in a position to be able to give up draft picks because our roster doesn't have many needs. We need some tweaking, not rebuilding. TG can help us get to the playoffs and beyond.

Can Gonzalez rush the passer?

His best days are behind him and he's getting up there in age. But I would love to have him on our team and think he would do very well. But he's still owed a decent chunk of money and it's hard to justify that if he's on the downside of his career.

But with the Chiefs in full rebuilding mode, they may be willing to part ways with him. The question is, at what cost. Trades a very uncommon in the NFL and I doubt there will be much movement. That said, I would not offer higher than a 4th for Tony.

for a 4th I'd do it....but they wouldn't for less than a 2nd.

The great halloween trade of '87! The Bills jettison Greg Bell and the next years 1st rounder to the Rams, who then trade Eric Dickerson and the Bills 1st to the Colts, who send unsigned rookie LB Cornelius Bennett to Buffalo. I was taking my kids trick or treating when a guy at the house we were visiting told me. Wow! Bennett would go on to win defensive Co-ROY in only 8 starts, sharing it with Shane Conlan!

Wasn't Leonard Smith a mid-season pick up also?

I think we need to dangle JP for a DE..one that is the equivalent caliber of a STROUD. A solid DE. Or maybe a 1st rounder .

The last time there was a big trade during the season it was for Biscuit. That was a long time ago.