11/09 @ New England Patriots CBS 1:00 pm L

11/17 CLEVELAND BROWNS ESPN 8:30 pm W

11/23 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 pm W

11/30 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FOX 1:00 pm W

12/07 MIAMI DOLPHINS (Toronto) CBS 4:05 pm W

12/14 @ New York Jets CBS 1:00 pm L

12/21 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:05 pm L

12/28 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CBS 1:00 pm W

Wouldn't this prediction equate to a 7-4 finish, giving the Bills an 11-5 record?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would happen if Trent played the whole game and the Bills lost, anyway? Would the predictions be worse?

Probably would depend on how bad we were beaten.......

Wouldn't this prediction equate to a 7-4 finish, giving the Bills an 11-5 record?

Yes.......... the W's & L's are my opinion. not the Radio 'Experts'.

Why don't you get it. Its not about 4-0, 4-1, or 5-0. We are NOT playing well. The OL can not run block. Our defense has no pass rush. The LBs are below average.... We are 4-1 because we played three teams that suck (Seattle, Oakland, St Louis) ans Jacksonville on a bad day. We are NOT playing playoff football.

What's to "get?" You play who's in front of you, and if the scoreboard says you're ahead at the end of the game, you chalk up a W. Buffalo has done that four times. Tell me there's a home game remaining in which they won't be favored. Tell me they'll be underdogs at Kansas City, or that they'll be "heavy" underdogs at the Jets or Dolphins.

This is not about a discussion of the team's flaws -- every team has them. It's about throwing them under the bus one week after many of the same fans/media were touting them as division favorites.

1 loss after going 4-0 but that one loss was by something like 24 points to the Cardinals. Also, the W-L record of the 4 teams that we barely beat is...really bad.

The Pats get smoked by the Fins...who's writing them off? Denver loses to KC...anyone predicting the Broncos are finished? It's one loss. All teams (but two) lose games in a season. Yes, there are troubling signs, but lets see if the Bills can right the ship the next few weeks before we head for the life rafts.

PTR

Why don't you get it. Its not about 4-0, 4-1, or 5-0. We are NOT playing well. The OL can not run block. Our defense has no pass rush. The LBs are below average.... We are 4-1 because we played three teams that suck (Seattle, Oakland, St Louis) ans Jacksonville on a bad day. We are NOT playing playoff football.

This couldn't have been said better. This team has way too much talent in key positions right now to look as poorly as they have against the raiders, Rams, and the Cards. It has been a steady drop off in execution and reaction to the opposing schemes that has everyone concerned. Just because they lost this last week doesn't make them any better or worse than they were at 4 -0. The coaches need to prepare better for teams that are willing to play smash mouth against a young and talented Bills team, and the offensive and defensive lines need to step up, period.

This is simple X' and O's people; anyone with any football sense knew those squads have been blowing donkey since the beginning of the Raiders game, and we as fans are expecting better play going forward. Its not too much to ask if this team wants to make the playoffs, and the 4-1 start doesn't make those problems just go away.

Oh yeah, Jason peters if you're reading this: BLOCK SOMEBODY for trent's sake!!! you look like a frickin' saloon door!! Jim Kelly would have punched you in the face by now.

My take: The Bills are aiming to get to 10-6 and a wildcard, and the path forward is there. Given their weaknesses, I don't think that they're good enough to win the division (NE will most likely take it), but I will gladly take getting to the playoffs after a nine-year absence. Going forward, here's how I see it: losses to SD and at Denver plus splits with the Jets/Phins/Pats (six losses total). They should beat KC/SF/Cleveland. That's 10-6. My biggest worries are getting swept by the Pats and the fact that they're playing their home game against Miami in a dome. The Bills are simply not a good dome team -- they were basically outplayed by the freaking Rams, and were blown out by the Cards. Miami is so much better this year than last that it's silly, and the Jets are better too (Kris Jenkins is a huge upgrade). On the other hand, I do think it's possible for the Bills to steal a victory away from a Chargers team that has a similar offensive attack to AZ. It'll be tough, but maybe the weather gods will help.

All in all, a tough road, but there's a path forward. The Jax win was absolutely huge, because they'll probably be vying for that final WC slot as well. Here's what to root for in other divisions: continued losses by the Colts, Jags, Chargers, Ravens, and -- obviously -- the Phins/Jets. They're the ones who are going to contest the Bills for the wild card slots. The Bills simply can't lose any of the easy ones. Good thing that the one road game against a bad team is against KC, which is terrible.

If we get and stay healthy at the top 10 positions, I say 10-6 is a lock. Need McGee and Parrish back and healthy, get tthe special teams back moving again. Stroud and Schobel need to be 100% after the bye and stay that way... TE needs to be back 100% for the SD game. Sorry, I know "injuries are part of the game", but not for the Bills if they want to be better than 9-7.

Depth on this team is not very good .. Cargo, Bryan, Denney, Wilson, mcKelvin and Hardy absolutely stink as starters at this point, we cannot have them in the game much this year. They give guys a blow, that's it. anything more, and we will lose more than we win. Jackson running back kicks is just average and our special teams won't be back to normal until next year on the kick coverage side...

We don't have a miracle worker like Big Ben in Pittsburg or P Manning in Indy to carry a bunch of 2nd team guys to wins... just don't have it. Sooo, if we very healthy, we win more than we lose, if not, we lose more than we win.. its that simple this season.. IMO

My take: The Bills are aiming to get to 10-6 and a wildcard, and the path forward is there. Given their weaknesses, I don't think that they're good enough to win the division (NE will most likely take it), but I will gladly take getting to the playoffs after a nine-year absence. Going forward, here's how I see it: losses to SD and at Denver plus splits with the Jets/Phins/Pats (six losses total). They should beat KC/SF/Cleveland. That's 10-6. My biggest worries are getting swept by the Pats and the fact that they're playing their home game against Miami in a dome. The Bills are simply not a good dome team -- they were basically outplayed by the freaking Rams, and were blown out by the Cards. Miami is so much better this year than last that it's silly, and the Jets are better too (Kris Jenkins is a huge upgrade). On the other hand, I do think it's possible for the Bills to steal a victory away from a Chargers team that has a similar offensive attack to AZ. It'll be tough, but maybe the weather gods will help.

All in all, a tough road, but there's a path forward. The Jax win was absolutely huge, because they'll probably be vying for that final WC slot as well. Here's what to root for in other divisions: continued losses by the Colts, Jags, Chargers, Ravens, and -- obviously -- the Phins/Jets. They're the ones who are going to contest the Bills for the wild card slots. The Bills simply can't lose any of the easy ones. Good thing that the one road game against a bad team is against KC, which is terrible.

I know you are one of the more respected posters on this board but this is a bullsh*t post. 30% of the season has been complete & we sit at 4-1 & are in first place all by ourselves. Our main competition lost probably the best player in the league for the year & the other two teams in the division we swept last year. To say at this stage of the game we are fighting for a wild card totally dismissing our chances of winning the division is cowardly. I do not know if you go to any of the games but there is a different atmosphere at the stadium this year. The 12th man has got their edge back imo. I have been going to the games for quite sometime & what I saw at the Raiders game was a nasty hyped up crowd. This team has the talent to run the table at home. On the road, maybe a different story. I see them losing to New England, losing to Denver & possibly losing to the Jets. I have this team at 12-4 & that my friend should be enough to win the division.

I will say one more thing. It is a dam shame that Miami game is going to be played in toronto. That game could loom very large in the overall playoff picture for the bills & all the meaningless December bs games that the season ticket holders had to sit thru & pay good money for the last 10yrs, we deserved better then that. They should of made it the sf game, but I digress.

I know you are one of the more respected posters on this board but this is a bullsh*t post. 30% of the season has been complete & we sit at 4-1 & are in first place all by ourselves. Our main competition lost probably the best player in the league for the year & the other two teams in the division we swept last year. To say at this stage of the game we are fighting for a wild card totally dismissing our chances of winning the division is cowardly. I do not know if you go to any of the games but there is a different atmosphere at the stadium this year. The 12th man has got their edge back imo. I have been going to the games for quite sometime & what I saw at the Raiders game was a nasty hyped up crowd. This team has the talent to run the table at home. On the road, maybe a different story. I see them losing to New England, losing to Denver & possibly losing to the Jets. I have this team at 12-4 & that my friend should be enough to win the division.

I will say one more thing. It is a dam shame that Miami game is going to be played in toronto. That game could loom very large in the overall playoff picture for the bills & all the meaningless December bs games that the season ticket holders had to sit thru & pay good money for the last 10yrs, we deserved better then that. They should of made it the sf game, but I digress.

Cowardly? I'm just looking at the games ahead and matchups. The AFC East got a lot better in the offseason - the Jets and Phins are far more competitive than last season. Denver is a terrible matchup for the Bills, and the Bills haven't beaten the Pats - who are now 3-1 without Brady - since 2002. They struggle primarily against both the Pats o-lines and d-lines, and they're healthy. As for the 12th man, the Bills were outplayed for the Raiders for most of the game, and if the coaching wasn't so bad in the fourth quarter, the Raiders win that one.

Btw, 10-6 in football translates into 100-60 in baseball. It's not so bad.

I agree completely about Miami, although I will say that SF will be good in a dome - Martz offenses are built for them.

What's to "get?" You play who's in front of you, and if the scoreboard says you're ahead at the end of the game, you chalk up a W. Buffalo has done that four times. Tell me there's a home game remaining in which they won't be favored. Tell me they'll be underdogs at Kansas City, or that they'll be "heavy" underdogs at the Jets or Dolphins.

This is not about a discussion of the team's flaws -- every team has them. It's about throwing them under the bus one week after many of the same fans/media were touting them as division favorites.

I don't know about you, but I am %$&%# tired of missing the playoffs, so excuse me if this I am a "little" upset that this team does not look good. I would have more confidence with a close lose to a good team like the Redskins or the Titans where we played well, than two come from behind wins against two teams that SUCK!

Yeah, we play who's in front of us. I hope we get to play Seattle, Oakland and St louis all season.

I would have more confidence with a close lose to a good team like the Redskins or the Titans where we played well, than two come from behind wins against two teams that SUCK!

Yeah, we play who's in front of us. I hope we get to play Seattle, Oakland and St louis all season.

I'll take a sloppy win over a sharp loss any day. That's bullsh-t.

I'll take a sloppy win over a sharp loss any day. That's bullsh-t.

I did not say I would rather have a "good" lose over a bad win. I said I would have more CONFIDENCE. If we played Dallas and we battle them toe to toe, had some good run blocking, some good pass rush and because of a mistake or two we lost the game by 3 or 7 points I would have CONFIDENCE in the Bills. These come from behind wins against garbage teams do not give me CONFIDENCE. UNDERSTAND! Not being in the playoffs since 2000 is BULLSH-T.

I did not say I would rather have a "good" lose over a bad win. I said I would have more CONFIDENCE. If we played Dallas and we battle them toe to toe, had some good run blocking, some good pass rush and because of a mistake or two we lost the game by 3 or 7 points I would have CONFIDENCE in the Bills. These come from behind wins against garbage teams do not give me CONFIDENCE. UNDERSTAND! Not being in the playoffs since 2000 is BULLSH-T.

That happened last year with Dallas....... what did that get us???

I don't think you're realizing what you are saying. Confidence, yours in particular, isn't going to get this team into the playoffs (unless you plan on trying out for QB and getting the starting nod). WINS are going to get us into the playoffs. Confidence from the players is built throughout the year. The more wins, the more confidence they will have. Do you think they're going to go into their first playoff game and say, " man, Oakland almost beat us earlier in the year, we might suck...." I doubt it.

I'll tell you what, you keep trying to build that confidence of yours, I'll keep hoping the Bills win, however that may be......

That happened last year with Dallas....... what did that get us???

I don't think you're realizing what you are saying. Confidence, yours in particular, isn't going to get this team into the playoffs (unless you plan on trying out for QB and getting the starting nod). WINS are going to get us into the playoffs. Confidence from the players is built throughout the year. The more wins, the more confidence they will have. Do you think they're going to go into their first playoff game and say, " man, Oakland almost beat us earlier in the year, we might suck...." I doubt it.

I'll tell you what, you keep trying to build that confidence of yours, I'll keep hoping the Bills win, however that may be......

What the hell are you talking about? The point I am trying to make is that even though we are 4-1, I(not the players) am not confident in the Bills so far. THEY ARE NOT PLAYING GOOD FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW. WITH THE WAY WE ARE PLAYING, GOOD TEAMS ARE GOING TO BEAT US. I AM NOT CONFIDENT IN THE BILLS RIGHT NOW. I HOPE THEY GET IT TOGETHER

OVER THE BYE WEEK. UNDERSTAND?!?

For your information I stated that I would have more confidence if the Bills had a close lose against a good team while playing well. Last year against Dallas the Bill's offence scored 3 points. That means the Bills did not play well. Take more time to think before you respond.

What would happen if Trent played the whole game and the Bills lost, anyway? Would the predictions be worse?

That's kind of my point...don't put too much stock in predictions because they are just predictions. Bound to change after the next Bills win 0:)