Trent Edwards

I have been constantly looking around for updates on Trent Edwards health and everything I read is lacking description or negative. Is trent going to be back in action against San Diego or is it unlikely? I figured 2 weeks would be enough time to recover from a concussion but now im not sure.. This article makes me nervous.. If we have to go another week with JP lousyman as our qb we will be well on our way to 4-2. Its not that jp played terrible himself and himself alone on sunday, i just feel like the whole team lacks inspiration when hes at the helm. He really just doesnt have timing acuracy or any real ability to play the game, unless you count chucking a ball up in the air as high as you can and hoping someone catches it.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...RTS03/810070319

This guys are also stupid too, playing against 2 teams with their head coaches job in jeopardy made it a more difficult game for the bills. They changed game plans and mentalities 180 degrees in order to do anything they could to win. They pretty much made us disregard our game plans and thats why we sucked until the second half.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been no news and doubt there will be. Bills have a bye and during bye week they have no need to declare certain information. Hopefully front office and players will not feel need to "anonymously" reveal information to "friendly" press and let San Diego wonder.

There has been no news and doubt there will be. Bills have a bye and during bye week they have no need to declare certain information. Hopefully front office and players will not feel need to "anonymously" reveal information to "friendly" press and let San Diego wonder.

Yea as much as it sucks not having a clue whats going on, I hope we dont find out until the Sunday of the san diego game and lets hope SD game plans for JP

you/we wont find out anything until well into next week. no matter how he is doing, the Bills are going to smartly play their cards close to their chest.

considering the severity (or non-severity rather) of the hit, and his lack of history of concussions, i would bet that he will definitely be playing in the SD game.

... and lets hope SD game plans for JP

Gameplan for what? He's stupid, erratic, heaves a ball in hopes someone will catch it, has no pocket presence, no instincts, and someone told me he often times puts his shoes on the wrong feet.

Clearly, the only thing SD defense needs to do is stand at the line, trade their Yu-Gi-Oh cards and wait for Losman to screw up. There's no need to gameplan. Just show up and let Losman blow the game just like he did in Phoenix when he kept letting Warner complete all those underneath passes.

Jesus. Learn the game, wouldcha?

Gameplan for what? He's stupid, erratic, heaves a ball in hopes someone will catch it, has no pocket presence, no instincts, and someone told me he often times puts his shoes on the wrong feet.

Clearly, the only thing SD defense needs to do is stand at the line, trade their Yu-Gi-Oh cards and wait for Losman to screw up. There's no need to gameplan. Just show up and let Losman blow the game just like he did in Phoenix when he kept letting Warner complete all those underneath passes.

Jesus. Learn the game, wouldcha?

Ive always been kinda neutral on the Losman/Trent thing. I was really hoping that JP was going to take advantage of the opportunity to shine for next seasons contract with whomever. And this game was really not his fault at all. One thing that bothered me though when he was on the bench. He had the look of a guy who just doesn't give a $h1t. Can't really explain it. He just didn't look intense at all.

Its only Tuesday, we dont even play this weekend, we have plenty of time to game plan for SD. Practice this week is to keep guys sharp look at more game film than usual. Game plan for SD wont start till about Wednesday of next week. Trent will be fine.

Can we please stop with the hand-wringing over when Edwards is coming back? It has been all of TWO DAYS since he had his bell rung. If he is symptom-free by the weekend, there's no reason he wouldn't be back for the Chargers. I'll start giving more than five seconds thought to this when we get to Monday the 13th and he's not on the practice field.

There's also NO reason for Jauron to say anything about Edwards' progress, or that of any of the injured Bills. None. The fans don't "deserve" to know.

Ive always been kinda neutral on the Losman/Trent thing. I was really hoping that JP was going to take advantage of the opportunity to shine for next seasons contract with whomever. And this game was really not his fault at all. One thing that bothered me though when he was on the bench. He had the look of a guy who just doesn't give a $h1t. Can't really explain it. He just didn't look intense at all.

I thought the same thing about the look of not caring. He had no interest after he went 3 and out threw a pick and generally did shi* :D

I have been constantly looking around for updates on Trent Edwards health and everything I read is lacking description or negative. Is trent going to be back in action against San Diego or is it unlikely? I figured 2 weeks would be enough time to recover from a concussion but now im not sure.. This article makes me nervous.. If we have to go another week with JP lousyman as our qb we will be well on our way to 4-2. Its not that jp played terrible himself and himself alone on sunday, i just feel like the whole team lacks inspiration when hes at the helm. He really just doesnt have timing acuracy or any real ability to play the game, unless you count chucking a ball up in the air as high as you can and hoping someone catches it.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...RTS03/810070319

This guys are also stupid too, playing against 2 teams with their head coaches job in jeopardy made it a more difficult game for the bills. They changed game plans and mentalities 180 degrees in order to do anything they could to win. They pretty much made us disregard our game plans and thats why we sucked until the second half.

Whatever happens with Trent and San Diego, I hope the Bills learn a valuable lesson from this. They have a good young QB in the form of Trent. Most teams in that situation would be smart enough to want to protect him. Every time you let your QB take a hit, you're rolling the dice that he won't get injured. The Bills' offensive line has been playing like used toilet paper, and I've heard that the play he got injured on was designed to let a defender come free. They've rolled the injury dice once too often, and it cost them.

Personally, I hope they rip that play out of their playbooks, and burn the page it had been printed on. Then they need to go into the 2009 draft with the understanding that not getting your QB killed, and having at least a decent offensive line, needs to be a higher priority than taking some first round defensive back. With the line we have, running the ball between the tackles is pretty much a waste of a down, and Trent/whoever else is at QB should feel lucky to be alive at the end of the game. Like 50 pound weights fastened to the ankles of an Olympic runner, our problems at offensive line have been stopping the offensive as a whole from even coming close to reaching its full potential. Think of how effective guys like Edwards, Evans, Lynch, Jackson, etc. could be if we had even decent performance from the offensive line.

I'm with you. That bomb to Evans was pure luck.

In defense of JP, which pains me greatly, it was a thing of beauty. 60 yards in the air.....not sure Edwards could do that. Other than that, JP was mostly the same old JP. If we had world class sprinters for WR's, JP might (I say might) be starting.

Did I just write that?